Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dataninod "Irongate" [dead]  (Read 561 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Dataninod "Irongate" [dead]
« on: April 05, 2009, 03:45:11 am »

[I'm making a community fortress, a first time, so go easy, and let's have fun.]

1st Granite, 11:

Well, I've been sent to lead a small team to set up a new fortress. I chose my site, as i was permitted to do, back at the mountainhomes, and our wagon is broken anyway. This will be a good territory. Time for Sandstone to get this lot into shape... Strike the earth!

-----------------

okay, dwarves at the start are as follows; [lots of females.]

1 miner, female;
1 carpenter, male;
1 woodcutter/axedwarf, male;
1 hunter/marksdwarf, female;
1 glassmaker, male:
1 farmer, female;
1 mechanic, female; Riverand "Sandstone"

« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:00:51 pm by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Dataninod "Irongate" [community fortress]
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:02:03 am »

This post will list all living dwarves, gender, skills, and who owns them... and then the nickname.

mechanic, female; Riverand "Sandstone"
miner, female;
carpenter, male;
woodcutter/axedwarf, male;
hunter/marksdwarf, female;
glassmaker, male:
farmer, female;
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 04:48:48 am by Rivesand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:42:10 am »

5th Felsite, 11:

Damn... still dealing with that aquifer... Tried to tunnel down next to the magma pipe... no luck... maybe we can work through it... seems that the dwarves are making progress... it's going to be a long day...

11th Felsite, 11

Oh... great.. we lost our hunter... wolves got her... well.. at least her equipment is intact... this is going to be harder...

oh for the love of booze... this damned water... it's everywhere... that's it... i'm taking this group, and finding somewhere drier to dig... maybe pick someone up along the way...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:12:27 am by Rivesand »

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 06:36:39 am »

I would like the woodcutter under the name of choppy please. And if it were possible could I have a hammerdwarf migrant named Sir Nil.
NOT THE BEES!

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 07:08:14 am »

I'll take the male glassmaker under the name of BOWERS. And yes, it should be capitalized.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2009, 11:33:58 am »

Katsuun, i'm sorry to say, but this one is dead, but i am starting another, with the same setup.