Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MacForeman Stopped Working?  (Read 3478 times)

9tails

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MacForeman Stopped Working?
« on: April 04, 2009, 01:40:51 pm »

Has anybody else, playing DF on their Mac and using MacForeman, had a problem where MacForeman just stops importing data?  It was working great for me for weeks and then, once when I hit Import from DF, crashed.  Ever since the crash, MacForeman never imports data from DF.  I click the import button and the app is just totally silent.  I pulled a new copy of MacForeman out of the .zip I downloaded, and it tried to import once, asked for my admin password, and then started failing exactly the same way.

nagual678

• Bay Watcher
  • Noble Sam says: I want YOU for the Fortress Guard!
    • View Profile
Re: MacForeman Stopped Working?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 07:25:38 am »

With me, MacForeman insists DF is not running :(

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 10:37:53 am »

MacForeman insists that DF is not running. any way to fix that? anyone?
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?

9tails

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 11:39:42 am »

My problem was eventually resolved, oddly, by manually switching some of my jobs around.  After doing so, MacForeman decided it liked me again and started importing the data properly.  You might try that, though I have no advice for how to frob the game in order to maximize your odds of success.  :/

Kiberkiller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jack Trades' Lair
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 10:54:51 am »

I gad no luck, does anyone know how to fix this or if there is other program that works on mac?
I could be wrong.  What would you call it when you spend that much time obsessing over something that it turns out you don't even like?
Relationships?