Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gnome Fortress:A Saga of Fail (Yes, yet another community fortress)[CANCELED]  (Read 4566 times)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile

((Hello all, I have decided to start another community fortress using the Dungeons and Dorfs mod I just released. Because I fail, this fortress probably wont last to long, but I'ma remain hopeful. Feel free to ask questions and make requests regarding the fortress, I don't mind. Below is a link to the mod:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=33485.0

I've also decided to play as the Gnomes, should that not be glaringly obvious.))

1st Obsidian, Mid-Winter:

"I see, I see..." The short man in the chamber muttered, suppressing an obvious urge to laugh. The short female before him looked imperiously down upon him, and the gnome returned the stare, looking for any sign of sarcasm or foolishness. No good. She meant it.

"So. Let me see if I understand the position of the Royal Council..." He tried his hardest to keep himself under control. The woman before him WAS the duchess, and she could undoubtedly have him beaten to a fine dust without any delay. She remained still, ever staring at the man before her.

"You want me to go to the northern rocks..."

"The Horn of Hides, yes." The Duchess corrected him. He wrestled with an urge of impatience. Through it was in the Gnomes very nature to need to be perfectly accurate, the behavior was still rather irksome to him, regardless of how natural it was. He looked at the map before him again.

"Right... right" The Gnome fought to keep himself calm. This was all but a death sentence. This was punishment for something, he knew it. But he had no choice. As he knew, no one could refuse the royalty. Besides, his vast curiosity was perked. It would at least be a fun mental exercise, trying to survive up in the frigid north.

Provided he could, that was.

((Standard request, name, job, etc. I've already got Mechanic/Building Designer/Leader set. Other people need only apply. Again, feel free to make suggestions, requests, and the like.))

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:13:08 pm by Katsuun »
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gnome Fortress:A Saga of Fail (Yes, yet another community fortress)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 01:16:30 pm »

Tnnnnnngggg. Brewer 5 Grower 5. Demands correct pronunciation of his name, and the proper way of it is saying Lion. Despite glaring differences in name and pronunciation of name, he insists on this and will get violent with anyone who messes it up.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 01:27:29 pm »

Hammergnome named Ed.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 01:34:40 pm »

Hammergnome named Ed.

Just hammergnome skill?

Sans context.

sir diesalot

• Bay Watcher
  • WAIT IT'S A NINE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 03:17:07 pm »

Brewer/cook/axegnome, 4/4/2 for me please.
NOT THE BEES!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 04:32:44 pm »

well, It was meant to leave the other skills open.

you pick the rest of him.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 04:37:05 pm »

Mkay.

Sans context.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 04:46:24 pm »

I don't see why not.

Grimes, my usual dwarf gnome. A miner by trade, but with a little splatter of military training as a side dish. For dessert, a slice of experience in growing.

5 Mining/3 Wrestling/2 Growing

Thankee
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 07:02:07 pm »

Waiting on three to start.

Sans context.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 07:04:36 pm »

Smeagol
Hunter/Ambusher-5
Fisher-5
Male

Mzbundifund

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't play adventurer mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 07:13:42 pm »

Argyle McSock
Weaponsmith 5, Armorsmith 5

Hoping for a fey mood!

mjo625

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 07:17:34 pm »

(Sir or Lady) ADHD
No skills to start, all labours enabled except mining, woodcutting, fishing and hunting.
Whatever gender.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 08:33:51 pm »

1st of Granite, Early Spring, 201:

This... will... be a challenge.

Undoubtedly.

Without a word, they packed me up in some wagon and sent me off. No good wishes. No partings. Nothing. They just stuffed me into this old, beat up wagon, cramped with old food, old drink, and old gnomes.

Six, too be precise, and each and every one of them looked either insane, criminally insane, or bored enough to go insane and sign up for what was increasingly looking like our death sentence. But it was to late to back down. Even as I tried to get out, they pushed the wagon on its way. Curse the nobility. Even I, genius as I am, won't be able to work our way out of this.

After a few days of travel, the wagon finally gave up and broke into bits, where upon the lot of us got out and looked out our surroundings. And let me tell you right here and now. My hopes dropped to near zero the moment I looked out.

The landscape was a monotony of white. No features anywhere, other than a few mountain goats that my "comrades" eyed suspiciously. That reminded me to appraise them, each, one by one.

Hm... I guess it could be worse. At least I know ADHD and Grimes already, from an old experimental venture. I still shudder when I think of all the good wine we wasted... regardless, whats done is done, and I must take a practical view on the present.

I have our skilled miners, Ed and Grimes, take the two hammers we were given and go out. To Ed, I also bequeath a tungsten hammer we chanced upon in the wagon. Heaven knows what could be lurking in the wilderness. ADHD, who has taken it upon himself to craft us wooden goods, I have ordered to set up a carpenters shop while the rest of us bring goods to our dig out, which I have set in an exposed cluster of blue geminites.

Perhaps we can survive after all. However, before I part, I must take note of one little irony. Our group was named by the Duchess: The Imperial Kindness. At the moment, I am obligated to disagree with this. Funny what the nobility can throw at you, yes?

((To Mznundifund: Sorry, but as I was going to name you, I realized that I was the last dwarf filling the seventh spot. Sorry about that. If you want, I'll give you an immigrant though. ))

[EDIT:Fixed picture error]

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 08:55:36 pm by Katsuun »

Sans context.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 08:34:53 pm »

why am I a she?

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 08:36:16 pm »

Sorry, but I was unable to tell from the embark, and had already given everyone their jobs when I saw that. Not much I can do about it though.

Sans context.
Pages: [1] 2