Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anyone need help whit settings/details?  (Read 4837 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone need help whit settings/details?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 11:33:48 pm »

I know! :D And I have only told a fraction of the awesome stuff!  ;D

So I was wrong in my suspicion you were playing a cruel joke on me, and right in my assumption you meant this to be a furry thing?
What kind of medium had you thought this to be? Book? webcomic? A text posted randomly on the net? short or long?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 11:36:15 pm »

Text, most likely it will be a couple of short stories. Maybe a long story or two. See how it goes from there.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 11:51:35 pm »

Al right, so a setting were many different semi-independent smaller stories are set, maybe a longer one whit an overacing plot in the future but not soon enough to be worth planing for. Kinda like those TV series or comics that you can watch in any order and not miss anything important, but still develops the character and have the subplots be serious ones?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 11:52:30 pm »

Yes.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 12:13:06 am »

Ok, that actually makes for a good logical division of responsibility: you do the writing of the actual stories, while I do the design stuff that is constant BETWEEN the stories.
This means there is basically a finite amount of topics we need to communicate on, namely: you coming whit suggestions and requests for the setting, you asking questions abaut the setting needed for the story, us discussing character development between the stories, and designing the plot of the larger story arcs that does something that makes changes in the setting.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Tibet
Edit2: long URL

Edit3: we should probably agree on a chat channel to use for this, My suggestion is IRC, but Skype also works.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 01:10:32 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 01:50:03 am »

IRC, yeah. I would totally do Skype but I don't like talking into a mic.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2009, 01:56:30 am »

Skype would be using the chat feture, but I prefer IRC anyways. Now, what Chanel?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2009, 01:57:24 am »

Fuck, I dunno.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2009, 02:11:35 am »

irc.worldirc.org #DualZeppelinStory ?
(just made the name up on random, based from the most prominent design feature of the zeppelin...)
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2009, 08:05:15 pm »

EJ, do you remember to go to the chatroom? I'm waiting for you.

Also everyone else, if someone else has a task for I can most certainly do several at once.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 12:59:47 am »

I've been on an excursion Armok. Probably won't be able to do it, I broke my glasses and I can hardly see my monitor. Not very good for typing up paragraphs of stuff.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 01:09:37 am »

F**K YOU! The probability of that is... I dunno, low enough that it's more likely you were messing whit me this entire time... You WILL DO THIS, I'm waiting on the chat like I have the entire ******* day. what am I now supposed to do whit this 3d model of the Zeppelin, and the character I planed out? and having researched the geography of Tibet, the military structure of the Australian navy, and a billion other things?!? I've spent hours on this and then you just... just... GAHH!!!  >:( *storms of*

((Edit: Wait a moment, HAVE been on an excursion? Have broken the glasses you cant do anything without and thus need to replace immediately? You haven't even stated any reason that should delay you more than a day!))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 01:11:41 am by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 01:15:01 am »

F**K YOU! The probability of that is... I dunno, low enough that it's more likely you were messing whit me this entire time... You WILL DO THIS, I'm waiting on the chat like I have the entire ******* day. what am I now supposed to do whit this 3d model of the Zeppelin, and the character I planed out? and having researched the geography of Tibet, the military structure of the Australian navy, and a billion other things?!? I've spent hours on this and then you just... just... GAHH!!!  >:( *storms of*

((Edit: Wait a moment, HAVE been on an excursion? Have broken the glasses you cant do anything without and thus need to replace immediately? You haven't even stated any reason that should delay you more than a day!))

I can write it for him. From what I've heard on this thread, it's an inspired idea. It sounds awesome.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 01:26:22 am »

Actually, that gives me an idea, in case he comes back: BOTH could write, as this is a semi static setting whit smaller plots taking place in it there is nothing stopping several people writing on different stories set in it at the same time!  :)

Also, I just realized maybe EJ MEANT only a delay of one/a few days, and hasn't pulled out, in that case ignore my previous post, but still feel bad for scaring me.

Now I'm of to paint a portrait of the captain. the drunk, gruffy, cigar smoking, foul mouthed Platypus captain... just as soon as I find a good reference image of Australian captain attire... and then there is the Tiger Quoll whit the dysfunctional contraption consisting of an Ironstorm gun, a flamethrower, a bazooka, and duct tape...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 08:08:40 am »

thar's your zeppelin.

and if you want it in space...

if a bad guy is a huge walrus...

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 [2] 3