Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50306 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.
« Reply #660 on: June 12, 2009, 07:53:17 pm »

Hey Golgoth, I'm on board for a single character or whatever idea you have.  But, and I don't mean to sound like a dick, but have you thought of just taking over Vaiolis' part and at least placeholdering his half of the work?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 12, 2009, 08:01:05 pm »

Hey Golgoth, I'm on board for a single character or whatever idea you have.  But, and I don't mean to sound like a dick, but have you thought of just taking over Vaiolis' part and at least placeholdering his half of the work?
I could do it, but I have a shaky enough ability to get everything done when I have what I consider a 'manageable' load.  I might be able to get it all running, but I'd burn out not too long after that, assuming I even get that far. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 08:02:53 pm by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 12, 2009, 09:22:42 pm »

Then it doesn't really seem like it would be the same game.
I think that the best solution is to get V back.

The problem here is that Vaiolis isn't online. I'd recommend that someone(s) get a hold of him so that we can have a chat. However, we have to find him first. I know that in my case, one can google my proper (and surprisingly ironic for a DFer) name and get my address pretty easily.
So, we have to find Vaiolis's real name. I'm guessing that Vaiolis is an above-ground Bay12er, so he must have donated to Toady at some point in time. I have a suspicion that Bay 12 keeps some sort of donator records; he has to keep track of the ASCII art. If we're lucky, Vaiolis will have put in his hypothetical donations by a mailed in money order (like I do); in this case, his address might be on record.

All we have to do is, get to Toady's records (good thing that we can find his address by several means), then find Vaiolis. If we're unlucky, then we may have to deal with some sort of trap system at this point, but I'm sure that we (meaning you guys) can manage. If we're really unlucky, Vaiolis might have paid with paypal. In this case, we'll have to get the paypal info, then assault the paypal servers thingee (I'd assume that it exists somewhere). If might also become needed to get into the records of his credit card company.

I'd say that two squads with heavy weapons would probably be enough. We'll also need transportation to and from the target. I'd offer my Grand Am, but this would necessitate me cleaning my rucksack out from the back.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 12, 2009, 09:34:56 pm »

I like that plan. Depending on where he lives, I might be willing to sneak into Vaiolis' house and try to fix his internet connection.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 12, 2009, 09:38:56 pm »

I'll have a "clean up" team ready here in Australia, in case you fail.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 12, 2009, 10:02:18 pm »

In consideration of the previously mentioned gametypes, would short 'burst' characters that try to cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time be preferable, or would I be better off planning for a long-term character situation?  It's easier to know up front, but I can set it up to work for however the players decide.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 12, 2009, 10:08:55 pm »

I think you should do a couple of the former and one of the latter. But if you're only going to do one then I'd prefer long term.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 12, 2009, 10:12:08 pm »

I think you should do a couple of the former and one of the latter. But if you're only going to do one then I'd prefer long term.
Any number of either would work, though the long-term ones would be obviously a bit more time consuming.  As long as I can keep up with it, it should be able to continue. 

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 12, 2009, 10:24:11 pm »

For example, my character Little is a funny sort of combination, but is mostly the former.  :)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 12, 2009, 10:26:15 pm »

My character is a deep, profound examination of the power of the human spirit. There should be books written about him. Long books. Books filled with words.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 12, 2009, 10:30:23 pm »

My character is the kind of character who should have books written about him too, but they should be all filled with knives on springs. No words, just knives. Long pointy knives.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 12, 2009, 10:54:07 pm »

I'll refrain from saying anything about Strife. My joke for this section was occupied with detailed plans for somewhat illegal actions. I'd just like to say that I in no way aprove assaulting Bay 12. Innocent Scamps could get hurt! Or scared!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 12, 2009, 10:58:54 pm »

Or someone wearing heavy combat boots could 'accidentally' step on him.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 12, 2009, 11:03:03 pm »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 12, 2009, 11:32:49 pm »

I think that I should fill in "Emergency Scamps Shelter" on my next donation . . .
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46