Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50427 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Tools implemented.
« Reply #360 on: April 12, 2009, 12:13:22 pm »

one building

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 12, 2009, 12:44:36 pm »

I vote for random site.

Also, since Fobos has been banned, team BLU now has an opening!  Looking for a stay-at-home hacker/engineer/not combat person.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #362 on: April 12, 2009, 04:00:19 pm »

I don't really care where we stay, so Random Building I guess.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 12, 2009, 07:21:32 pm »

I vote for random site.

Also, since Fobos has been banned, team BLU now has an opening!  Looking for a stay-at-home hacker/engineer/not combat person.
Huh.  So he is..  Well, updated.  Still need to remove his character sheet.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2009, 11:36:38 pm »

If one building entails sit-com funniness, than yes from me.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 13, 2009, 12:13:35 pm »

I too am of course voting for the comedic route.  One big house - Roomies!

Also, bumpin' dis thread with more vehicles, because I was bored and bumpage was needed.

There are about a hundred production models of military helicopters, few produced in numbers greater than hundreds, and many of them virtually identical in capability.  So the following are some melded designs and interpretations.  These also have a couple more points of interest.

Carry is a stat for air vehicles, denoting how much stuff they're rated to tote off the ground.  This is given in increments of about 1000-1500 pounds, beyond the weight of the nominal crew and a full load of fuel.  A fully loaded soldier should be considered about 300lbs for safety's sake, and vehicular weapons tend to be really heavy.  Much more so than ground vehicles, load-weight has a dramatic effect on a helicopter's range, speed, and handling.

I haven't tried to denote maneuverability by model in these lists.  Some helicopters are more nimblie than others, but since this is mostly a factor of size and load-vs-capacity, a little common sense is all that's really needed to say if a helicopter can perform a certain movement.  It's worth saying that even the most basic helicopters are notoriously difficult to fly.

Weapon mounting space is denoted by Hardpoints - sockets or rails that pods can be bolted to.  There's just about every system imaginable for these things, from missiles to splitters for more missiles to guns to fuel tanks to sensor packs.  Helicopters tend to carry ludicrous amounts of firepower for their size compared to all other military vehicles.

Door mounts are just that - a heavy weapon pintle meant to be used by someone sitting in the helicopter.  Think Hueys.

Do note that with a little imagination and welding, just about any helicopter can mount weaponry, and the more lifting capacity the better.  Indeed, the first gunships were Hueys with vulcan cannons and rocket pods hammered to their lifting frames.

I also broke one my rules in this list, by attempting to model a semi-dramatic impression of the infamous Hind-D.  Mainly because any list of useful military helicopters would be incomplete without it, and it's so utterly unique that there'd be no point in hiding it.

Spoiler: Attack Helicopters (click to show/hide)

So G and V, any closer to a launch date?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 13, 2009, 04:29:39 pm »

Very nice! Not too much work has gotten done, at least on my side. I'll admit, I found a game that I liked and spent a good portion of a day on it. Other than that, broke the transmission on my car, and been working on Video Production class things.

So, the lookout is pretty much the same, sadly. I should have plenty of time tonight though, and tomorrow all day, so we'll get a lot of work done at those times. For the random site versus one building (that's where it seems to be swapping between anyway), it could be either. The one building cuts down our major concern, turn timing, by a considerable amount, especially if everyone works together, and generally does the same actions as one another (fighting versus doing stuff at the HQ, I mean). However, random sites gives the game a larger feel for what we would like; giving everyone their own agendas, however they like them. Actually, if anyone has any ideas for turn times, it would be very nice. By turn times, I mean actions. Generally, on the battlefield, actions could take just a few seconds, or a minute or two, but back at HQ you shouldn't have to do minute-by-minute actions on building and such, that should span hourly time frames, or half-hour, or so.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 13, 2009, 04:33:23 pm »

Yeesh, sorry to hear about the transmission.  I know that pain.  And I have a lot of pointless suggestions about that too, so don't be afraid to ask.

Can't wait to see the game, whatever it is.  More patience here then.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 13, 2009, 05:04:20 pm »

Oh yes, I forgot to post. I'm going to have to withdraw. Sorry.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 13, 2009, 05:34:56 pm »

Oh yes, I forgot to post. I'm going to have to withdraw. Sorry.
Removed....  Again.  Also removed the alliance, because I don't know if that's even in one piece any more.  A hint for future alliances, try to make it less verbose.
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 14, 2009, 10:42:05 am »

Why is this on the second page?

It looks like there is one guy not on a team, and Team BLU needs a guy, so it looks like we're all matched up. Until someone else joins, atleast.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 14, 2009, 06:54:38 pm »

Hopefully this starts soon.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 14, 2009, 08:04:04 pm »

How Goes the preperation?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 14, 2009, 08:17:16 pm »

Nobody wants in on Team BLU?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 14, 2009, 09:11:36 pm »

All is going well. As I expected, I got a good deal of work done. Hmm... not too much else to mention, that I can think of. It will still probably be a while before this launches, at least a week I'm thinking, maybe sooner, so I suggest everyone here tries to find something else to do for a while, so that you hopefully won't exhaust all your ideas of gameplay now and lose interest, hehe. If you have no fear of that, then... err... keep up the planning and such.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46