Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50439 times)

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Tools implemented.
« Reply #330 on: April 08, 2009, 11:58:49 pm »

How high of a level would you need in gunsmithing to make a functioning SMG?
Probably a good bit, and the tools to machine everything.

Why is there no silencer or scope utility?
Because we haven't put everything in yet.   ;)
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 09, 2009, 07:41:47 am »

So, to kick some more interest in, I wrote up a bunch of vehicle choices.  Like the guns, they don't represent any real vehicles, but anyone familiar with the AFVs of the world will recognize the inspirations.  No arguing - that's why they have made up names, so that they're not beholden to "real" specifications.  The national origins are just for flavor, but can effect things like mechanical reliability and finding parts.  I've also assumed that whatever area this takes place in has the usual third-worldy panoply of military surplus and export model junk - the names can be changed to reflect whatever the setting calls for.

Every vehicle has Armor, Speed, and Range ratings.  These are all absolute values, not relative to vehicle type.  However, they're not linear either.

For Armor, Red represents 'armor' like a car would have - might stop shrapnel or a pistol bullet, but it's not real protection.  Each level up represents being able to shrug off another 'level' of gunfire.  After around Green, the vehicle is immune to any gun a person could carry, and is only vulnerable to serious anti-armor weapons.  This level of protection might include reactive armor, which does nasty things to people around the vehicle when it goes off.

Speed isn't linear either, since it has to stretch from nearly immobile artillery to aircraft when I get to them.  Between Red and Light Green represents increments of about 10-15mph, with Red starting around 20mph.  Green is equivalent to a car, capable of probably 100mph on a good road.  Obviously, driving off-road will slow down anything.  The more massive the drivetrain, especially tracks, the less a vehicle is slowed by rough terrain.

Range is how far the vehicle can travel unsupported, namely by fuel.  Naturally, most military forces travel with a large supply train in tow.  As a rule, AFVs carry enough fuel to travel 300-400 miles with the tanks full.  The scale represents ranges up or down from that by 50mi or so.

I'll define the weapons further later, but they should be pretty self-explanatory for now.  Definitions- Turrets are enclosed, movable structures that hold weapons internally, protecting the crew.  Mounts are open, movable structures, like a gun shield.  Pintles are just open hardpoints, they usually hold Heavy Machine Guns, but could hold any heavy weapon in theory.

I haven't bothered designing any strictly civilian or support vehicles or other special stuff - I think everyone can pretty well imagine the capabilities of cars, heavy trucks, and speedboats.  If police forces need some paramilitary armor, the Transports can double as SWAT-type party vans.  I haven't gotten to aircraft yet.  There's a lot of possible helicopter types, and I'm not too familiar with what sort of military aircraft an enterprising revolutionary could get hold of.

Vehicles

Spoiler: Main Battle Tanks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fire Support Vehicles (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 09, 2009, 08:17:34 am »

A significant amount of handy stuff.
Appreciate the contribution.  Though I can't promise we'll use all of that, I'm sure that most of it will be included in some form, at least.  I'll be at school all day, and therefore can't contact Vaiolis over MSN, so any sort of contact will be over the forums, which can be a bit slow.  You should probably get his response on this to confirm anything.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 09, 2009, 03:39:38 pm »

To Argonnek: very good idea! We'll most definitely add those in sometime soon.

And all those vehicles are very impressive Aqizzar, I'm also sure we'll include a good deal of them.
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 09, 2009, 07:47:31 pm »

Hi there, this seems pretty interesting and I would like to make a character. Is it still possible to?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 09, 2009, 07:57:09 pm »

Since it hasn't started, probably.  There's a couple teams short a man.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 09, 2009, 09:45:54 pm »

Ah...  If it wasn't clear, there are still spaces open, and you can still join.  Technically, you can also join while the game in progress, but that has yet to happen.   ;)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 10, 2009, 02:49:23 am »

I'd like to join.
My character
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I changed Ammunition Manufacturing to Gunsmithing. Anyone want to join me? Anyone at all?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 10, 2009, 03:09:00 am »

You can join our crew, I guess, if the others agree. Your skills could come in handy. :)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2009, 03:25:26 am »

You can join our crew, I guess, if the others agree. Your skills could come in handy. :)
You've got a full squad though.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 10, 2009, 05:14:35 am »

I think the Squad system needs to be explained more.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 10, 2009, 05:28:49 am »

It's simple. There is a minimum of two and maximum of four people per squad.
My full sig

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 10, 2009, 05:30:24 am »

Alright, here's a question. Can you estimate for us what % you are done towards starting?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:37:09 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 10, 2009, 05:46:47 am »

Can two two-man squads join together to make one four-man squad?
My full sig

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: April 10, 2009, 11:34:50 am »

Can two two-man squads join together to make one four-man squad?
Of course.  No problem with that.
Alright, here's a question. Can you estimate for us what % you are done towards starting?
I can't say safely.  This is a complicated game, and we want to be sure we have everything we need to start it up.  As of now, we're still working on it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 46