Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50440 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Tools implemented.
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2009, 12:51:49 am »

Law enforcement doesn't need to be totally uninterrupted to be a threat. Most people would still want to do all of those things, but the police wouldn't just be sitting down at the station like vultures, waiting for us to slip up.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2009, 12:53:06 am »

I agree with inaluct again. Law enforcement should only be drawn to us in particular once our activity is something... exceptional.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 08, 2009, 12:56:27 am »

Law enforcement should only be drawn to us in particular once our activity is something... exceptional.
I agree.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 01:03:28 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2009, 01:07:51 am »

I think law enforcement should notice if we do minor things, but not suddenly know about the whole team of operatives responsible unless they are seen together or something. More like, say if in an otherwise quiet operation Inaluct runs into two cops and shoots one dead and the other flees to safety, now Inaluct is wanted as a cop killer and possibly blamed for anything else that happened at the scene. Hilarity ensues as his teammates consider letting him get caught so they don't get seen working with him.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 08, 2009, 01:08:47 am »

Well.

If one member gets arrested, could we bust 'em out of jail?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 08, 2009, 01:26:19 am »

Well.

If one member gets arrested, could we bust 'em out of jail?
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of him taking a fall for your sakes?  Not that he'll be particularly pleased if he ever gets out..
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 08, 2009, 01:30:55 am »

Or we could try and get Servant Corps as a lawyer and appeal it.

If it were my character who got out of jail after killing a cop, he would use his notorious reputation as a cop killer to enter the world of rap music. And then, despite of (or perhaps because of) his lack of talent, he would become a household name. He'd be like Tupac, only less dead.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 08, 2009, 01:37:04 am »

Servant Corps: Doc, I need you to implant about 200 bullets into my body. This should give me material for years to come.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 08, 2009, 03:50:03 am »

I say just a developed country, a medium-large city where there is almost zero unorganised crime.
1. A medium large city has fewer large skyscrapers and potential terrorist sites entertaining tourist attractions than a metropolis. I think that this game would benefit from having a plenitude of interesting locations.
2. With no unorganized crime, the police will swoop in and arrest most of us for carrying illegal weapons. So far, what basically everyone else has agreed on is that having the police show up when all you have is a combat knife and a revolver is not going to make the game entertaining or worthwhile.

We need a place where we can slip under the radar until we can actually deal with law enforcement. At that point, we need them to actually pose a threat. In other words, we need a city with a large police force that's currently busy handling the populace. Setting the game in a metropolis would provide a population large enough to occupy the police, many interesting locations, an increased likelihood of locating illegal firearms, and enough space that the squads could all do their own thing without accidentally stepping on each other's toes.
What about a well-developed city with low-level organizied crime. Just a couple gang.
That's probably a good idea too, if they were very small street gangs. I agree with Archangel, too. I'm not sure what constitutes mid level unorganized crime, but it sounds unorganized.

I'd like to point out that this is a very apt description of a country like Colombia.  A few very modern cities (high rises included), large swaths of wilderness, varying terrain types, large organized crime syndicates fighting each other, a semi-corrupt authority big enough to fight the syndicates but not big enough to win, loads of unorganized crime to fill the gaps, well funded foreign interests, valuable resources to fight over, and monkeys and palm trees for ambiance.

I'm not saying it has to be Colombia, but that's pretty much the best sort of place to set a game like this.  Let's face it, we're going to be trying to topple other powers by way of violence, but it has to be a place worth fighting over.  If the game is going to at all attempt to be realistic, that kind of location is as good as it gets.

I have my song.

Wow, people still listen to Kamelot?  I remember when I listened to them in, like, junior high.  Rhapsody, Helloween, all those doodle-in-the-black-notebook, story-metal, middleschooler bands.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2009, 04:16:10 am »

Hey, just because most of the Symphonic/Power Metal bands have utterly ridiculous and melodramatic lyrics doesn't mean they're bad.

I mean... think of
How
Much
Worse
It
Could
Be

Plus, Epica and Black Halo basically come straight from Goethe's Faust, which is just awesome.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 08, 2009, 03:49:29 pm »

After a bit of discussing, we have added in Distraction as a combat skill, and Gunsmithing as a non-combat skill! Great idea for the distraction, by the way. Our current discussion is now set on how the game will begin. We're pretty sure it will begin in a large city, but not necessarily in the center of it, after seeing what everyone said. The rest is still being discussed, but I won't give away too much else. Carry on!
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 08, 2009, 03:57:04 pm »

Or we could try and get Servant Corps as a lawyer and appeal it.

I need some Law skill in order to actually defend you in court. You guys need to hire a legal retainer.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 08, 2009, 10:30:05 pm »

Maybe you could add some tools that are meant specifically for the distraction skill, such as smoke bombs or large flares, or the spectacular, though relatively harmless, exploding-gasolene-in-a-water-bottle used in hollywood to simulate explosions.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 08, 2009, 10:33:06 pm »

Why is there no silencer or scope utility?
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 08, 2009, 10:48:00 pm »

How high of a level would you need in gunsmithing to make a functioning SMG?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46