Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50382 times)

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2009, 11:28:23 am »

Im definetly in.
Couple of Ideas for weapons

-  Ingram M10
   - Weight: 6.2 pounds.
   - Cost: $1620
   - Ammo: .45 ACP
   - Clip size: 30
   - Range: 135m
   - Firing type: Automatic
   - Reload: magazine
   - Notes: Difficult to aim, medium recoil, breaks often.

-  FN P90
   - Weight: 5.5 pounds.
   - Cost: $2350
   - Ammo: 5.7x28mm
   - Clip size: 50
   - Range: 240m
   - Firing type: Automatic
   - Notes: Difficult to aim, hard to repair.

-  Metal Storm Surf Zone
   - Weight: 5.5 pounds.
   - Cost: $4500
   - Ammo: 9mm MS
   - Clip size: 72
   - Range: 160m
   - Firing type: Automatic ; Semi-automatic
   - Notes: Difficult to repair, Extremmely Fast Firing Rate, Fingerprint-activated(Will only work in the hands of the persons who activated it(Fingerprint lock may be reset by a person with Cracking Skill))
I can make more if You want - I have fuuuuuuuuuudgeloads of weapons left from PnP I was playing.
We're actually not going to use real guns after points brought up by other players.  We're switching to a more 'generic' system, where there will be different types within the same classes, and guns can be enhanced further with upgrades.

Oh, we select weapons now? Cool.

Edit: How much money do we start with, and can I screw a silencer on my rifle?
You can indeed put a silencer on your rifle if you can find or make one. 
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2009, 01:23:50 pm »

We're actually not going to use real guns after points brought up by other players.  We're switching to a more 'generic' system, where there will be different types within the same classes, and guns can be enhanced further with upgrades.

Pity, I was going to suggests either AK47 or AK74... oh well, this is probably better by far anyways.  Less arguments about real weapon functions too.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2009, 01:26:28 pm »

Pity, I was going to suggests either AK47 or AK74... oh well, this is probably better by far anyways.  Less arguments about real weapon functions too.
Pretty much.  Take a look at the updated weapon's in Vaiolis' post, and tell us what you think.  That won't be everything, but it's a start.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Equipment Overhaul! All players check in.
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2009, 01:36:15 pm »

Very nice.  So I'm checking in with my character sheet.  Frelock the sniper and guard at your service.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 05:41:03 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

FoboslC

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2009, 02:18:28 pm »

Fine, whatever. Are we supposed to make charsheets now?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2009, 02:23:23 pm »

Fine, whatever. Are we supposed to make charsheets now?
You can if you like.  Keep in mind the skill system might still be changed, though.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2009, 04:33:37 pm »

Got another nitpick about your weapon lists.  The prices feel arbitrary.

I guess prices are scaled to some combination of "realism" and "balance" but it looks like they're more just based on game-design traditions of pistols < shotguns < rifles < machine guns.

A new, semiauto, mid-caliber pistol is usually over $1000.  A used shotgun or rifle (bolt or semiauto) can be $200.

Also, you should have some rating of reliability/endurance of the weapon - namely how likely it is to fail, or be damaged.  Although, realistically, combat reliability (jamming and such) is far more dependent on the quality of the ammunition than the gun itself.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2009, 04:55:28 pm »

I'm in, too.

I'll get you there and back if I actually get my hands on a vehicle, and I can talk better than the rest of you.

Question: What sort of country is this? We'll use different plans in a third-world country than in a developed one, strategies that would work in England won't work in an ocean-less country, et cetera.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2009, 05:35:10 pm »

From what I can tell, we are going to be demigods of war no matter what we use, as long as we are skilled in it. I'm sure dumping all of your points in throwing and getting a bunch of small stones will allow you to throw them at speeds comparable to guns. I'm in favor of most of the mechanics being behind a black box, and very few actual details other than the basics of function.

Although one thing I would like to add is the ability to have one extra additional stat point at the sacrifice of another going down one point. Dammit, I want a large heavy guy that is very strong and pretty enduring. Just two points makes him unable to be a large heavy tough guy.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2009, 06:24:29 pm »

Updated!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2009, 06:29:16 pm »

Sorry for the delayed answer.  Wasn't able to get ahold of Vaiolis so we can go agree on something, but he's wandered off or something.  Anyway...

Got another nitpick about your weapon lists.  The prices feel arbitrary.

I guess prices are scaled to some combination of "realism" and "balance" but it looks like they're more just based on game-design traditions of pistols < shotguns < rifles < machine guns.

A new, semiauto, mid-caliber pistol is usually over $1000.  A used shotgun or rifle (bolt or semiauto) can be $200.

Also, you should have some rating of reliability/endurance of the weapon - namely how likely it is to fail, or be damaged.  Although, realistically, combat reliability (jamming and such) is far more dependent on the quality of the ammunition than the gun itself.
Once again, a decent point.  Since this isn't as fundamental as the last one, not sure where it will go, but it'll probably be possible to buy used weapons somehow. 
As for weapon reliability and jamming, it depends on how in-depth we want to go with the weapon thing.  We'll have to see about that.

Question: What sort of country is this? We'll use different plans in a third-world country than in a developed one, strategies that would work in England won't work in an ocean-less country, et cetera.
We were thinking a US-esque sort o' deal, so far, but frankly that can probably be changed by player interest if enough people speak up.  Another thing I need to discuss with Vaiolis.

From what I can tell, we are going to be demigods of war no matter what we use, as long as we are skilled in it. I'm sure dumping all of your points in throwing and getting a bunch of small stones will allow you to throw them at speeds comparable to guns.
 Although one thing I would like to add is the ability to have one extra additional stat point at the sacrifice of another going down one point. Dammit, I want a large heavy guy that is very strong and pretty enduring. Just two points makes him unable to be a large heavy tough guy.
Taking a penalty in a third trait to assign one more to a different trait seems reasonable...  Not sure if it'll go in, but it's not impossible.

Now, as for being demi-gods with any weapon you please...  You're going to have a hard time killing without real weapons, be they guns or knives or artillery or suitcase nukes.  In this case, if you decide to throw rocks as weapons, you'll probably die horribly if you attack someone who's actually armed, or get forced into hand to hand combat with someone who isn't armed.  Rocks aren't any good for intimidating people, either.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2009, 06:29:55 pm »

Ick. This vauge weapon thing is going to be tough to get a hold of.

Could I ask for battle rifles of some sort to be added?

If we can get hold of an RPG-7 Equivalent, then a Garand or M-14 shouldn't be a big deal. No?
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2009, 06:35:54 pm »

Could I ask for battle rifles of some sort to be added?
You can ask...
If we can get hold of an RPG-7 Equivalent, then a Garand or M-14 shouldn't be a big deal. No?
Once again, when I can talk to Vaiolis we'll see what he thinks.  The point was to separate the guns from reality so we don't get the gun debates going, though.
EDIT: I'd also like you to point out any real reason for us to currently add more weapons...  Do you see any balance problems?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:37:41 pm by Golgath »

FoboslC

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2009, 06:38:32 pm »

I still think real life guns are better idea.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2009, 06:39:57 pm »

I still think real life guns are better idea.
The current system sidesteps the thorny issue of hideous variety in the real world, the problem with everyone wanting their favorite weapon, and the whole which gun is better debate. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46