Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50364 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 10:14:18 pm »

Specialized Weapon
Rifle

Combat Skills

Night Combat
Stealth
Accuracy
Close Combat
Mobility

Traits
Intelligence

Weapons
Hunting Rifle
Knife
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 05:22:13 pm by Little »
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 10:22:37 pm »

Yep, assuming 7 points that'd be perfect, although you probably wouldn't be doing too much fighting without a weapon specialization, hehe. Although I should say that, early on, odds are you will start with next to nothing, so skills like Bio-Engineering and such won't get much use. but later on they will, so watch out for that ;)

Don't worry too much about posting characters yet, there may be more skills and such available soon, or things might change
Today's Toady Tip: 3 and 4 are not the same number.
How borgly is your borgle's borgle?
The Minister of BEEEES! and of The Great Charter for the Toady Protectorate!

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 10:24:38 pm »

We don't start out an elite combat group, a subset of a secret US intelligence agency, that terminates immediate threats to the United States?  :(
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 10:31:57 pm »

More to the point, we won't play as an elite combat group, a a subset of a secret US intelligence agency, that terminates immediate threats to the United States...

...that has already been infilirated by said immediate threats? We don't get to play as double agents, pretending to work together to serve the United States, but secretly trying to undermine each other, trying to help our Enemy Group defeat the United States and the other Enemy Groups?

Hey, I like PARANOIA. I really wish more people would take its mechanics and place them in the modern day.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2009, 12:02:29 am »

More to the point, we won't play as an elite combat group, a a subset of a secret US intelligence agency, that terminates immediate threats to the United States...

...that has already been infilirated by said immediate threats? We don't get to play as double agents, pretending to work together to serve the United States, but secretly trying to undermine each other, trying to help our Enemy Group defeat the United States and the other Enemy Groups?

Hey, I like PARANOIA. I really wish more people would take its mechanics and place them in the modern day.
Actually, you're going to start out as a ragtag group of misfits with a little cash, an assembly of basic weapons, and a building to operate out of.  Your objective is to do whatever you want to do towards becoming more powerful and taking control.

EDIT: It would be good to note that you're going to have to deal with the government if you start doing illegal things.  Police are the most obvious example of this.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:06:57 am by Golgath »
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2009, 12:07:36 am »

OH GOD LET ME JOIN

I had an idea for a game like this after writing my big Robocop rant!  Please let me in!

Reserved while I actually read the damn rules.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2009, 12:09:53 am »

No one is actually joining yet.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2009, 12:11:38 am »

No one is actually joining yet.
I'm inclined to disagree.  We just don't have everything decided yet, so don't get too attached to a particular character sheet in case we decide to rip up the whole system and throw it out the window.  There isn't a player limit, so as many people can join as they like...  If we get enough people, we'll get everything started once we figure out exactly what we're doing.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2009, 12:15:17 am »

Questions:

Who are we fighting anyway?

How does scoring work?  Does character development translate as cash or something?

What equipment is there and what/how much are we allowed to start with?

Vehicles?  How do you keep this from blowing out of proportion?

Henchmen/lackies maybe?

Are all players on the same "side"?  Or is it every man for himself?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2009, 12:19:01 am »

I definitely would like to join up for this.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 12:23:28 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 12:21:39 am »

Would this be acceptable? Apart from the weapons, those are just my desired ones.

Spoiler: Desired Weapons (click to show/hide)

I like stealth.

Would it be possible to have a chance of insta-killing with a knife if we stealth up upon the enemies?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 02:19:56 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 12:30:44 am »

Good questions indeed!

Who are we fighting anyway?

How does scoring work?  Does character development translate as cash or something?

What equipment is there and what/how much are we allowed to start with?

Vehicles?  How do you keep this from blowing out of proportion?

Henchmen/lackies maybe?

Are all players on the same "side"?  Or is it every man for himself?

For who you're fighting, depends who you piss off really. If you gain power legitimately (you better not ;D) you won't have many against you, but if you gain power through sabotage and all that, you'll make enemies out of pretty much everyone

Scoring doesn't really affect anything, just serves as a gauge to how chaotic you're doing. And chaotic is gooood! I've a little calculator for chaotic events, from the size of explosions to how loud it is, the amount of damage, the cost of what was damaged, it's size, etc.

I just edited my first post with the equipment available at start and who can start with it. there will be plenty more to come of course, but not much will be for start.

For vehicles, you can eventually build them yourself, but until then if you can get away with stealing a Bradley APC, it's yours. Of course, you'll have the military following you then, but hey, it's all good. And blowing out of proportion is goooood! Somebody here better end up getting the grand prize in chaos points for blowing up the Earth.

For Henchman and lackies, we really want this to be player-centric, however you might be able to pay for workers to come and do things, and perhaps pay a bit more to keep it on the down low, but other than that it's up to your team!

There are teams of 4, which should be on the same side. Every team can choose what they like then. you can have two or more teams join together, or you can fight against the others to prevent them from beating you.

And Emperor_Jonathan, that would work pretty much perfectly, although you only get one weapon, hehe. And insta-killing is completely possible, especially with a knife if you sneak up on someone.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 12:33:37 am »

I'd just like to add that the players won't get much done by killing each other off, with all the specialties that there are flying around.  No squad will be able to have everything.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 12:33:58 am »

although you only get one weapon, hehe.
:(
And insta-killing is completely possible, especially with a knife if you sneak up on someone.
:D

Vaiolis

• Bay Watcher
  • I Am Penguin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 12:37:14 am »

You can get more than one, just not at the start, in case you though I meant you can only have one at a time. Just making sure ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46