Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50420 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Situation Update.
« Reply #570 on: May 06, 2009, 08:26:00 pm »

"...Leave it here?  What do we care, it's not ours.  You want to grab some wheels this time?

Tell you what, I'll find some transportation, you ask around for directions.  I'm not even sure what city this is."
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 06, 2009, 08:28:48 pm »

"You don't want to blow it up? I'll find us a directory."

Noticing a conviently placed phone-booth, Strife shuffles over and squeezes inside.

Is this a pay-phone? Will it have food listings or something? Let's see here, I need some paper and a pen.

Strife pulls a pencil and a scrap of paper from his pocket. He pulls out the phone book and starts looking for Eateries.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 06, 2009, 09:48:44 pm »

Hmmm. Eatery doesn't seem to be it . . . Restuarant? But would it be Restuarant, Italian; or Italian Restuarant?

After a few minutes of writing on his paper, Strife emerges from the phone booth.

"I've gotten a list of all of the Italian places in the city. Little said that it was right down the street from the pawn shop, so if you remember where said shop was, we can use this map I 'borrowed' from the phone book to cross-reference with the restuarants to find the probable location."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 06, 2009, 10:02:20 pm »

Aqizzar mulls over the map with Strife, the two now in the cab of the work-truck he 'borrowed' as well.

"Sounds fine to me.  You read the signs, I'll drive..."

((Cutting this short, 'cause I have to go to work.  Carry on in my stead as you like.))
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 06, 2009, 10:13:05 pm »

(I've got a DBQ to write, so it's for the best, I suppose)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 07, 2009, 12:57:02 am »

Frelock lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling.  How had it come to this?  To leave the only life he had ever known.  He had always been a sniper; that was his job, his identity.  Yet here he was, turning down his friend’s request for help, leaving the team that had been so good to him.  It was hard to consider it.  What would he do now?  Flip burgers?  Dig ditches?  He was trained for combat, he might be able to get a job as a security guard somewhere.  He chuckled darkly at the thought of himself in a mall cop uniform, chasing rowdy teenagers, growing fat from sitting around, watching security cameras while eating doughnuts.  Not exactly a great picture for him.  Then again, all the options he considered board him.  Nothing seemed as exciting as the life he had.  Still, better to be bored than for...

He shook his head again to clear his thoughts, but it didn’t help too much.  He was turning his thoughts to lunch (was it really 11:00 already?) when his cell phone rang.  He picked it up, and an unpleasantly familiar voice greeted him.
“Agent 59864?”
Crap, it was Dick, his contact with the CIA.  Not the person Frelock wanted to be talking to right now.  “What do you want?”
“Well, first, I’d like to thank you for sticking with your assignment for so long.  You’ve done a fine job keeping us apprised of Team BLU’s actions.”  This was bad.  Dick never complimented anyone unless they were in big trouble.  “However, we’re quite...displeased that you didn’t tell us this was coming.”
“What are you talking about?”
“You know very well what I mean.  Team BLU’s recent betrayal.  They turned on us during the Strife mission.”
Betrayal? Strife mission?  That was surprising.  Frelock didn’t think that Cheetar would be so stupid as to take a job with the CIA.  He also didn’t think the CIA would be so stupid as to hire Team BLU, especially after the info he had provided.  No wonder Dick was contacting him.  “Luke came to me only saying that we had a job.  I turned it down.  I’m through.”
“Well, I suppose that works out nicely for us then.  We need you to take out Team BLU.  Just three little bullets and you can come back to headquarters.  Should be a cakewalk for someone of your caliber.”
Frelock was starting to get angry.  “I guess you didn’t hear me.  I said I’m through.”
“What do you mean, though?”
“You know very well what I mean.  I’m retiring.  I can’t keep doing this.  I’m tired of the missions, of the killing, of everything.  I’m through.  I’m not working with Team BLU anymore, and I’m sure as hell not working with you.”
“I suggest you re-think that answer.”  Dick’s voice responded darkly.
Frelock paused.  There was only one thing that could mean.  He considered going back on his words for a moment, just a single moment.  Standing up out of bed, he spoke softly into the receiver. “No.”
He could hear Dick sigh.  “Very well.  I hadn’t planned on you pulling out completely, but I thought you might not care to turn on your ‘friends.’  Good bye, Robert.”

Without a second thought, Frelock threw himself out his bedroom window as the wall exploded behind him.  “Of course, they don’t have the decency to break down the door like any normal hit team,” thought Frelock as he landed on a small ledge that wrapped around the second story.  He ran along it until he had reached the back side of the building.  This felt completely natural to him; he had practiced the same maneuver at least once a day when he had moved in.  Never get into a building that you can’t get out by a different route.  It was a good rule of thumb, and Frelock followed it to the letter.  About halfway across the back of the building, he looked down to make sure the dump truck hadn’t come for the open dumpster in the ally.  It hadn’t; the dumpster was still full, with a few cardboard boxes to boot.  Frelock breathed in, held his nose, and jumped.  The cardboard crunched underneath him, breaking his fall, and keeping some of the more unpleasant pieces of trash at bay.

Continuing with his pre-planned escape route, he swung his legs over the edge of the dumpster, and ran across the alley.  There was the wire, right where he left it.  He looked at the entrance of the alley.  Good, they hadn’t come around the edge of the building yet.  A sharp tug, and the fire escape of the adjacent building came down.  He ran up it, taking the steps two at a time.  Then he quickly released the catch, and the bottom of the fire escape returned to its retracted position.  He deftly gathered up the wire, and climbed up to the third story.  The broken window was still open, so he climbed through it and into an unoccupied apartment.  It was in worse condition than his.  Ignoring the hobo in the corner, he walked to the door, unlocked it, and moved to the inner stairwell.  He calmly took it up to the roof, going over the implications of what Dick had said in his mind.  Team BLU had turned on the CIA?  They were a skilled group of guys, but they were still no match for the whole CIA.  Frelock had no idea what they were thinking.  They had to be crazy.  Then he realized that, in turning down Dick and “retiring,” he had done the same, so he must be crazy too.

He reached the roof without incident, and walked over to one of the air conditioning units.  Slipping his pocketknife out, he unscrewed a side panel.  There, snuggled tightly inside, was a guitar case; his “escape kit.”  First things first, he thought.  He grabbed a small radio transmitter, and pressed the button.  He could hear the explosion from the opposite building.  Anyone who was in his room was now out of commission, permanently.  Not to mention a few important documents were destroyed, and his small computer completely demolished.  They wouldn’t be getting any more information out of him.  Next, he grabbed the old hunting rifle from out of its case.  It wasn’t his favorite weapon, but it was a rifle, so it was alright.  Checking the action, he saw it still looked serviceable.  He loaded in a single clip, and walked to the edge of the roof.  Looking down, he could see the van, and the few agents lingering around.  He saw the faces of the men, clearly confused, wondering where he had gone.   Steadying himself against the edge of the roof, he took careful aim.  Stupid rookies, standing out in the open when there was a sniper on the loose.

Without warning, the faces returned.  The agents who were standing around suddenly became women and children, all staring right at him.  Frelock closed his eyes.  Mentally, he ran through the exercises that the shrink had taught him.  Surprisingly, it helped.  The faces faded, and he was alone in blackness again.  He opened his eyes, and saw only the faces of his enemies, men who were trying to kill him.  He concentrated, looked through the crude scope, and fired.  Five shots later, four men were on the ground.  Frelock was disappointed with his aim.  The first shot had gone wide.  Turned out the scope had shifted position while in storage.  That single mistake had nearly cost him his position.  Still, a quick compensation had done what was needed.  Frelock smiled in spite of himself.  “Never attack a bear in its cave,” he thought.  Then he turned away from the edge of the roof.  The remaining agents should be busy keeping their heads down long enough for him to make his escape.  He put the rifle back into the guitar case, and began to walk back down the stairs.  He left the building two blocks from his own apartment, and began walking, trying to find a taxi.  Now what to have for lunch?  Italian sounded good.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 07, 2009, 01:02:29 am »

((Wait, did we actually start? I didn't see a change in the thread title...))
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 07, 2009, 01:10:30 am »

(Nope. I asked if we could start doing RPish stuff, and it snowballed.)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 07, 2009, 02:55:55 am »

((Yea, sorry if that was a bit much...  If anything needs to be changed, feel free to point it out.))
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 07, 2009, 03:49:25 am »

((You serious? That was brilliant. If anything you should do more. Of course, I'm only speaking for myself here...))

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 07, 2009, 12:33:34 pm »

"Okay then, I'll navigate and you can drive this thing. First, we should go back to the pawnshopish area. Where was it though? Gah."

Notices giant smoke plume.

"Oh, that'd work. Drive towards the smoke plume of doom."

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 07, 2009, 09:32:08 pm »

((We need to get everyone together at the restaurant.))
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 08, 2009, 11:50:02 pm »

After dealing with a police checkpoint ("You can not go towards the giant crater. I'm sorry"), Strife and Aqizzar attempted to extrapolate the pawn shops location.

"If the pawn shop was somewhere on Apple, then I think that we should be heading to this restarant."

What sort of place names a street Apple?

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 11, 2009, 10:30:24 pm »

([I can't believe it's another update!] Turns out that Vaiolis' internet connection is down, after talking to a friend of his.  I'll see if I can get more information, but I  currently don't know how long this will persist.)
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 11, 2009, 10:56:06 pm »

I'd like this to continue . . .
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46