Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46

Author Topic: Chaos Point; Currently on hold.  (Read 50354 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos Point; Situation Update.
« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2009, 05:04:04 pm »

"Why not a trench coat? Is it out of the ordinary around here?"
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 29, 2009, 05:10:57 pm »

"it's a bit odd. Normal weather does not need a trenchcoat, hm?"

She playfully grins, subtly shifting towards him, "Buy a lady an early morning drink?"
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2009, 05:16:07 pm »

"I'm afriad that I can't."

Strife quickly gets up and leaves.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2009, 05:24:07 pm »

Litlle smiles and bounds off the chair, cheerfully following the odd man. She needed something to do for the next few days, and this was a waste of a few hours.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 29, 2009, 05:37:24 pm »

Bloody hell then. I've got a trailer. What can I do here? Something doesn't seem right.

Strife hand stays to his pocket, he gets comfort that he can grab his blade in a second.

"If you'd like to come along, you can, but I'm not doing anything particularly interesting."

Strife turns and walks down the street, where Adam had conviently informed him of a pawnshop.

Third step to new worlds: procure local currency.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 29, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »

Little quickly follows, entering the pawnshop with a smile. This one might be fun.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 29, 2009, 08:45:32 pm »

The trenchcoated figure and smiling girl enter to view a bizarre scene; a fine Persian rug is spread on the floorspace of the pawnshop, and a man in a straitjacket with cut sleeves is on it, trying to breakdance. If it weren't for the oversized stereo next to him, you would think that the man was having a particularly dramatic seizure. Standing over him and cheering are a hulking man with an enormous chin and a scruffy looking man wearing flight goggles.

Behind the three is a man dressed in black, haggling loudly with the proprietor of the shop over the price of a mummified gibbon.

The current patrons of the pawnshop do not seem to notice the arrival of the two new people.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2009, 09:11:36 pm »

Little giggles at the sight, then steps forward to watch the man in the straight-jacket flop around. She begins cheering along with the other patrons, bursting into a fit of laughter a moment later.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2009, 10:28:25 pm »

Is this normal for this place? Fighting the urge to leave in disgust, he edges over to the counter and waits in line, wondering who the hell would want a monkey corpse?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:51:17 pm by Strife26 »

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 30, 2009, 12:33:57 am »

Little steps around the writhing dancer, still staring at him as she stands beside Strife.

She watches for a few more seconds, then seems to lose intrest. She turns to Strife and moves ahead of him in the line, then faces him and smiles up at him.

"So, what are we doing here?"

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 30, 2009, 03:59:12 am »

Acting like an irate Englishman, "WHAT?!! YOU DON"'T HAVE A SINGLE BAR, TAVERN OR NIGHTCLUB?!!! YOU HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND DON"T HAVE A DRINKING ESTABLISHMENT, NOT EVEN A HOTEL THAT SERVES ALCOHOL?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!" Archangel glances around, mutters "Ah, fuck it." and stalks out of the building, with several security guards trailing behind him. He checks a map of the city that is just outside the airport and heads off for the train station.

On his way there he notices a news stand. He buys a paper and continues on his way. When he reaches his destination he buys a ticket and gets on a train. My contact, Boksi, should be waiting for me at the station he thought. It's a shame Servant Corps got himself killed. He sits down and starts to read the paper.
(cue Golgath)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2009, 11:57:19 am »

Acting like an irate Englishman, "WHAT?!! YOU DON"'T HAVE A SINGLE BAR, TAVERN OR NIGHTCLUB?!!! YOU HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT AND DON"T HAVE A DRINKING ESTABLISHMENT, NOT EVEN A HOTEL THAT SERVES ALCOHOL?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!" Archangel glances around, mutters "Ah, fuck it." and stalks out of the building, with several security guards trailing behind him. He checks a map of the city that is just outside the airport and heads off for the train station.

On his way there he notices a news stand. He buys a paper and continues on his way. When he reaches his destination he buys a ticket and gets on a train. My contact, Boksi, should be waiting for me at the station he thought. It's a shame Servant Corps got himself killed. He sits down and starts to read the paper.
(cue Golgath)
Your eyes glance over a few meaningless headlines, something about local politics that don't really matter...  Then you see something about another diplomatic bungle by the US.  The paper here seems rather determined to believe that this will result in World War III, but you doubt the alarmists have anything stable to base that on.  On the third page of the international, apparently the city 'Fairview' (Which isn't too far from here) has been suffering from severe rioting recently, and the local police officers seem to have completely failed to control it.  The article goes on to point out the numerous gang and poverty problems in the city, which seems surprisingly unstable for the area.  There's likely a great deal of opportunity for something in such a place..
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 30, 2009, 06:05:11 pm »

Strife releases a pair of palmed coins and rolls them down his hands. "Getting some hard currency for this gold."

Why the hell did I need to show that I can do coin flourishes?

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 30, 2009, 06:08:13 pm »

Little smiles at the little trick.

"I see. So, Strife, what do you do for a living?"
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 08:25:59 pm by Little »

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 30, 2009, 06:40:43 pm »

His tummy full, Luke was now ready to start the day. Normally, this would translate to "go back to bed and sleep til noon", today Luke had something important to do. Munching on what was left of his bagle, Luke moved down the street to a small apartment building, the kind that you think still had lead pipes and had roaches the size of rats and rats the size of dogs. He walked up the stairs (the elevator was out) and reached the door marked 27, and knocked.

"Hey, Frelock, are you up?"

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46