Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Starting Money  (Read 967 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Starting Money
« on: April 02, 2009, 04:34:08 pm »

Is there a way to choose how much money a civ can start with at the embark screen?

FoboslC

Re: Starting Money
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 04:41:11 pm »

Cheat Engine.  Can give you infinite amount of dwarfpoints

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 04:49:29 pm »

Other than that. In koblold camp you start with 410 points, so how can you do that?

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 05:39:03 pm »

It just seems to depend on what the game considers important enough to give you as starting items, and then it adds 200 points.  Not sure what it considers important though...

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 07:44:24 pm »

try making the value of a default embark item like iron or steel or plump helmets ludicrously expensive, and then sell the relevant items. Afterwards you can then set the cost back to normal.

There's no real way to choose less if you want all the same items, but you can just self-regulate there by not choosing to use all your points.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 07:46:40 pm »

Also, you can choose which metal your civ uses for weapons. Normally, they use iron, but civs with the METAL_PREF token will use steel instead (assuming you haven't added in any metals), meaning you get more points from selling one of the axes.

MINOR_METAL, as kobolds have, gives you copper axes and weapons, which doesn't sell for a lot at the embark screen, so you'll want to take that out.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 07:49:14 pm by Untelligent »
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

mithra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 02:45:13 pm »

try making the value of a default embark item like iron or steel or plump helmets ludicrously expensive, and then sell the relevant items. Afterwards you can then set the cost back to normal.

I tried this.  I set iron to 10000 value.  Instead of an iron anvil at embark, it gave me a steel anvil.  So I ended up with 3500 or so points instead of 1200.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 10:49:07 pm »

I tried this.  I set iron to 10000 value.  Instead of an iron anvil at embark, it gave me a steel anvil.  So I ended up with 3500 or so points instead of 1200.

Change both?!