Advanced search  

Author Topic: Walls?  (Read 821 times)

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
Walls?
« on: April 02, 2009, 08:54:43 am »

Can walls be modded? If so where can I find their raws? I want to add in leather and cloth walls. (Unless they already exist and I'm an idiot...)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Walls?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:07:50 am »

Alas, only stones bars and blocks can be made into walls. Walls are hard-coded at the moment.

A possibility is to make a reaction to create a block object that is made with cloth, as that is what I did to my human modification.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:50:11 am »

Thanks,
Another question, I'm trying to make a "hatchet" weapon, its basically its cheap axe used for chopping trees only. How do I change the material its made of when buying it on embark? I want it to be stone or copper or something but is appears as steel. (I gave it [CAN_STONE] ) Also how do I change its price, is worth the same as a battle axe but does a lot less damage...

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:54:02 pm »

If I remember correctly, for weapons (other than the pick, which is sort of in its own special category), the embark options automatically choose the best material available that is actually available to the civ (ruling out adamantine).  So the only way to get a copper axe, for example, would be to change dwarves such that copper is the best metal they naturally have access to.  Which would suck.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 04:11:12 pm »

(ruling out adamantine).
Because it has the [DEEP] tag.  Not because it's adamantine.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The irony ... it doesn't burn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 02:36:10 pm »

Alas, only stones bars and blocks can be made into walls. Walls are hard-coded at the moment.

A possibility is to make a reaction to create a block object that is made with cloth, as that is what I did to my human modification.

One question, how do you do such a reaction?

I've tried but the game doesn't recognise the tags; seems BLOCK isn't a item tag, according to errorlog.txt, and im running out of ideas.

Mind posting the reaction?
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 03:49:42 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=33446.msg492255#msg492255

Can't think of it off-hand, but the links in that thread should tell you how to make blocks and more.  Let us know if there's anything there you don't get.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 04:12:45 pm »

Yeh, one more question.

What material token shoud i use? There is no CLOTH or PLANT token there. Well i could go with STONE for example, but its not very realistic and would blew the point of the mod i could make stone blocks with rope reed cloth.
I loaded up my save in the new version, spent a minute trying to find my archery range before figuring it was the room with Xs down both sides: bins of ammo and archery targets.
Urist McCrossbower cancells practice crossbowery: Unsure of which end of the room to shoot at.

BigFatDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 04:21:13 pm »

Nevermind, found how it's done, but i'll have to make a reaction for every cloth type...grrr...

And later for a thing thats been my wish for a long time...corpse building :)
I dunno if that will work though.