The Necromancers
- 2 (16.7%)
Ball Bullet Benders
- 1 (8.3%)
Bromeo Squadron
- 3 (25%)
Something else that is also a silly name
- 2 (16.7%)
None of the above (throw suggestions at me!!! quickly)
- 0 (0%)
Mission 15
- 4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Let's Play Ball Bullet Gun! Back (?!) After a Brief Hiatus  (Read 24439 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Ball Bullet Gun! Back (?!) After a Brief Hiatus
« Reply #435 on: September 06, 2010, 12:54:41 pm »

Whew, back. Hopefully no one will notice that I did not update for a little while + went and hung out with a bunch of SA goons.

Anyway, are you dudes still up for this thing? If a lot of the dudes who were here originally are long gone, I'd be down to start from the beginning with some different people in the places of the people who disappeared. So far, the emulator seems to be working ~greate~, except it isn't applying the patch to the game, so maybe this LP will be in Japanese from here on in, if I'm too dumb to figure it out.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 06, 2010, 01:01:57 pm »

I still have the translation for my version of the game. I could send it to youorsomething.

I don't know, I'm still up for it if you're seriously about reviving this thing.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 06, 2010, 01:25:23 pm »

Awesome, I will assume you want to be the leader dude. I also just realized that I didn't name the rom the same thing as the patch, so that's why it wasn't working. Oops. It'll probably work fine, now.

By the way, did zchris ever stream a game of this? That sounds like a fairly awesome idea.

A BBG related thing: A while ago, I tried playing through the game with just my leader. It was surprisingly easy, with all those stat increases for well done missions.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 06, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »

I haven't heard from Zchris in a long time. Not saying he's not around, just haven't heard from him.

I don't mind being the leader though.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 06, 2010, 02:12:02 pm »

Name: Jeremy
Class Other Than Leader: Defender: Harold
Want to Be Leader?: N
Idea For Team Name: The Necromancers

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 06, 2010, 09:48:35 pm »

Oooh, if there ends up being some spaces I would like a spot! although I may not be active at the right times...
Name: Rameena
Class: Attacker(Diana)
Team: Bullet Ball Benders
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 06, 2010, 10:42:16 pm »

:o Back from the deaaaaaaaad
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 08, 2010, 11:11:42 am »

HOLY SHIT THIS IS EPIC.

Also: Josh, I haven't been around.  College is busy stuff, man. I had freaking dropped this place like a bad habit, too, when I get this email and I'm all like OH SHIT BALL BULLET GUN. Then I'm like, OH SHIT INALUCT.  So there. I'm back.
Also: I did stream it.  For all of 15 minutes, when my mom made me get off. I hadn't even wrangled a team together.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:13:54 am by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 08, 2010, 11:18:09 am »

Don't worry man, I understand.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 09, 2010, 12:03:16 am »

Dude, you should try playing through with just the leader, you'll end up with totally insane stats, it's pretty fun. One of the sniper class dudes (the dude with the funny hat) has like, +1 to active search range (this is a pretty small bonus), but it seems like it's +1 only to the active part of the score, so I'm thinking that either when that dude hits the maximum for search range, he'll either have an active search range unattainable for any other character, or a normal active search range and a sort of crappy passive search range.

Maybe I should ~find out what happens~

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 13, 2010, 09:17:02 am »

Well it is good to see that this is alive once again, leaves me the feeling of not having to Necro this so I can find the download when i want to play it later by just looking at my Post log...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2010, 01:12:22 am »

You know what would be cool? If someone made some objective chart or list of the utility of weapons in this game. Like, compared damage, range, and accuracy, and then made a big tier list sort of deal.

Maybe we should all do that. It could be amazing. World Summit on Ball Bullet Gun.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2010, 02:00:15 pm »

Wow, you can actually look in your post log to find something? Mine is so huge that's like unpossible.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Ball Bullet Gun!
« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2010, 07:29:05 pm »

Currently available weapons:

More weapons will be unlocked as we progress.

Weapon Stats:
AP - The amount of AP it takes to fire this weapon
1SHOT - How many times this weapon shoots per firing
CAPACITY - The clip capacity of this weapon
CHARGEAP - How many AP it takes to reload this weapon
WEIGHT - How much AP carrying this weapon shaves off of your total AP

You can carry two weapons.
Knives:
 Ra,bo is better if you want to run a long way and don't need to do much damage.
 Butterfly is better for doing a lot of damage, but is less accurate so it is less reliable if you only want to do a couple of points of damage.
 Gurkha is very accurate, but heavy. It gets better the less that you move.

As a backup weapon I would probably suggest the rambo. If you are making a choice between hiding or charging, then you probable want to predict the outcome as much as possible.
If it is your primary weapon, go for the gurkha, the butterfly will do more damage over time, but the gurkha will be universally effective, and you want to be the one who killed defeated the big ugly monster in single combat. Not some looser who beats up on mooks...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play Ball Bullet Gun!
« Reply #449 on: September 16, 2010, 03:25:21 pm »

Knives:
 Ra,bo is better if you want to run a long way and don't need to do much damage.
 Butterfly is better for doing a lot of damage, but is less accurate so it is less reliable if you only want to do a couple of points of damage.
 Gurkha is very accurate, but heavy. It gets better the less that you move.

As a backup weapon I would probably suggest the rambo. If you are making a choice between hiding or charging, then you probable want to predict the outcome as much as possible.
If it is your primary weapon, go for the gurkha, the butterfly will do more damage over time, but the gurkha will be universally effective, and you want to be the one who killed defeated the big ugly monster in single combat. Not some looser who beats up on mooks...
Good ideaz.

There are 2 more knives out there, but they aren't up there yet. There's a kunai, which is some ninja knife dealy, and it's like the butterfly knife, except it has 1-3 slashes per attack. There's also a spetznaz knife, which (if I remember right) is like a kunai, but with an A accuracy.

That said, I think that it'd also be worth considering that the chance of an extra attack with the butterfly knife might just make it stack up overall better than the rambo knife. I don't know how big the chance is, or exactly what the hit percentages for various accuracy ratings looks like, but if it's a 50/50 chance of getting 2 C rating attacks versus just one B rating attack, I think the butterfly knife might just be better at everything. Or maybe vice versa!! The gurkha knife being 1 point heavier seems like a pretty big deal to me, since even though it's more accurate, you could just make 2 attacks with one of the lighter knives just as easily, and 2-4 C rating attacks might be more likely to do at least 1 point of damage than 1 A rating attack. And you'd get that extra 1 maximum AP every turn, too. Know what I mean?

Maybe the lower accuracies are really bad against units with high evasion, though. Maybe trying to knife a dude with A evasion with 1 A accuracy attack is more likely to do at least 1 damage than 2-4 C rating attacks, or 2 B rating attacks. I should totally look into this.

What do you dudes think of the shotguns?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31