Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Proper offerings to the Blood God!  (Read 1273 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Proper offerings to the Blood God!
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:01:58 am »

http://www.mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1229-newandimprovedarmokomatic

Part of a series of movies from my fort, Savageknife. I should do a writeup of the next major event. This one demonstrates my Grinder trap comp (from the modding thread), as well as the effects of traps on caged prisoners.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

pushy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER]
    • View Profile
Re: Proper offerings to the Blood God!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:43:51 am »

Not enough gore demonstrated :( Just a few bodies, with a couple of body parts flying away. Come on, DF players are the sort who probably bought the Saw Goreology just to get ideas :P
Quote from: Tim Edwards, PC Gamer UK
There are three things I know about dwarves:
1. They've got beards. Even the women.
2. They're short. Especially the women.
3. They're Scottish.

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 11:49:10 am »

WHeres that movie that has over 150 animals droped from a platform 30z levels up?

THATS gore!
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:08:21 pm »

My apologies. Yes, this is in fact a touch lame, isn't it? I will certainly try to do better. The foul, heartless people of Savageknife will not let the world go unblooded!

(The fortress name WAS completely random, by the way)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

dead dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 12:21:28 pm »

My apologies. Yes, this is in fact a touch lame, isn't it? I will certainly try to do better. The foul, heartless people of Savageknife will not let the world go unblooded!

(The fortress name WAS completely random, by the way)

i do like the idea though.  a nice theatrical feeling.

don't give up!

(if that last part sounded like encouragement, it came off wrong.  more of a warning.  the blood god wants his blood and if you don't give it to him, he will come and take it.  blood for the blood god!)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 01:23:08 pm »

This one's too labor-intensive anyway. I'll probably build a huge tower/pit, and toss prisoners off into the pit. They'll land a few z-levels down on a bridge, then later I'll pull the LEVER and totally drop them the other twenty z-levels.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:29:21 pm »

to properly sacrifice something are when killing it without a trap as it is to simple. armok needs a laugh.

what about

*Dropping hundreds of monkeys on the poor souls head.
*Drop in anything more you want to kill for fun.
*Drop lava or make the roof collapse on them or drown them in water.
*or whatabout an GCS shooting web at it until they die.
*or dropping nobles on them until they cry for mercy because of the mandate rages.

The ideas come streaming.
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

dead dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 01:40:19 pm »

we have seen dwarves go insane and rip each other apart.

now only if there was a way to make a monkey go insane.

or rather, 200 monkeys.

and an elephant.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 01:57:41 pm »

we have seen Nobles go insane and rip each other apart.

now only if there was a way to make a Nobles go insane faster.

or rather, 200 Nobles.

and an Noble.

Fixed
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 02:19:13 pm »

I have a couple captured rhesus macaques. Maybe if they pick up and start breeding (can they?) I'll do that last bit (drop orcs into a pit full of monkeys). Or not.

Certainly, the Temple of Armok, while amusing, does not impress. This must be rectified.

Can someone give me some advice on pitting hostiles (like orcs and gobbos?) The last time I tried it, it escaped and I had to put it down.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 02:23:45 pm »

Thieves try to escape. and yes i once killed an elf by having 30 apes bite him in the ear. he was a goblin ambush leader

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 03:14:04 pm »

So, with orcs and normal goblins, I just have to build the cage up near the pit and order a dwarf to toss them in? Sounds easy enough.

Now if only the damn orcs would come. I have had one siege, and then it was all gobbos ever since, for the next couple years. I'm gonna give my gobbos NOFEAR so they're not such wusses.

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 04:00:58 pm »

strip them of armor and weapons so you wont see to many monkey heads fly. as they are size 3 and orcs are size 8 and with gear. use one at a time, more fun to see when they gather up on one and bite him till he bleed.

p.s. the elf had a sword because i forgot. he killed 2 and damaged 1 monkey.

first he cut in half
second the head went off
third lost his arms but survived.