Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gigantic Freaking Battle  (Read 1120 times)

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Gigantic Freaking Battle
« on: April 01, 2009, 12:26:34 am »

This is what makes the Dangerous Wilds mod so fun.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-1227-hugebattledangerouswilds

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
Re: Gigantic Freaking Battle
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 12:37:53 am »

As a quick addendum, I have 82 corpses in my stocks list at the moment, and I know none of them are animals (other than mounts, that is).

And I still haven't flushed out all the invaders yet. The pegasus riders are still peskily hanging around in the sky.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:38:28 am »

Pegasus riders?
Goddamn.

Hagadorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO-GIFTS] [NAUGHTY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:47:20 am »

Seriously...
You see, booze is a parasite. It lives off dwarves and compels them to dig into the ground so as to create massive defences to protect it's self. It really shouldn't be called dwarf fortress, Booze fortress would make much more sense.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 01:01:30 am »

The pegasus riders were all killed when, ironically, all of the fortress/royal guard came streaming out to start hauling/picking up equipment and bodies. My bow-elves had already expended all of their arrows/bolts, but my fortress and royal guards are all trained with ranged weapons and immediately opened up with a ridiculous spray of fire at the flyers.

Amusingly the apparent leader of this little foray, a legendary master swordsman who also happened to be a Local Leader of his civ, had been floating about five paces away from my melee units, just out of reach (taunting them?). When the guards showed up he got ZERGED. I don't think I've ever seen that many bolts fly at once. His pegasus got shot out from under him and he splat'd, then got mobbed by about ten waiting melee elves.

Final corpse tally: 103

I have a loooot of hauling and melting to do.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 05:04:48 am »

Are you dark, high, or wood, elves?

Dark elves are the coolest, in my opinion, as they get to trade with dwarves in every world I've gen'd.

But High elves get magic swords...
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 11:37:05 am »

Are you dark, high, or wood, elves?

Dark elves are the coolest, in my opinion, as they get to trade with dwarves in every world I've gen'd.

But High elves get magic swords...

Dark elves - although I've never been able to trade with dwarves. They either died out or don't live in my area of the world, I'm not sure which.

No big loss, though. I slaughter so many high elves that I get loads of dwarven steel gear and weapons.  ;D

Thadeus Rains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 04:40:18 pm »

Wow, that's some pretty good carnage. I've yet to play any of the mods, but this looks worth checking out.