Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Haha, just lost my first fortress to enemies.  (Read 849 times)

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Haha, just lost my first fortress to enemies.
« on: March 31, 2009, 10:34:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Having 'Fun' really is fun, discuss Fun!

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
Re: Haha, just lost my first fortress to enemies.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 10:45:13 pm »

Yeah, DW definitely causes some very over-zealous trading behavior. Apparently catoblepas plans on fixing that in the next release, though. Meanwhile, it's pretty amusing to see a thief get discovered by the depot and immediately have about 50,000 bolts fly his way while fifteen caravan guards dogpile him.

Also, congratulations on your first 'win'.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:13:26 am »

Yeah, I went ahead and modded most of the races to a more savage type, unable to make treaties, so hopefully this world will be more... fun.

catoblepas

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes catoblepi for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:10:22 am »

Yeah, DW definitely causes some very over-zealous trading behavior. Apparently catoblepas plans on fixing that in the next release, though. Meanwhile, it's pretty amusing to see a thief get discovered by the depot and immediately have about 50,000 bolts fly his way while fifteen caravan guards dogpile him.

Also, congratulations on your first 'win'.

Yeah, fixing the caravan siege thing is definitely my top priority right now, bugbears, lizardmen, hobgoblins, and anathema will not siege in the next version. Considering that I'll probably have to remove their CAN_SPEAK tag to keep them from forming treaties though, don't expect them to be playable in adventure mode anymore though. I'll also be changing the trading seasons around a bit, so they won't all show up during every season, though summer will still probably be the most popular trading season.

By the way, have either of you managed to get the krell to siege? They have yet to show up during any my test runs.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 02:15:32 am by catoblepas »

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:30:56 am »

By the way, have either of you managed to get the krell to siege? They have yet to show up during any my test runs.

Nope. I've had Malus, humans, and high-elves siege so far, along with a lot of wood elf ambushes. Never even seen a krell, though.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 03:26:26 am »

Nope, I've yet to see a Krell yet, either, I can't even remember whether or not I saw them on the civ screen.
Then again, I was expecting every race to be wiped out by my werewolves, go figure!