Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mod to make megabeasts stronger?  (Read 905 times)

Guillaume777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mod to make megabeasts stronger?
« on: March 31, 2009, 07:56:17 pm »

Is there a mod to make most megabeasts actually survive worldgen?

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
Re: Mod to make megabeasts stronger?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:33:05 pm »

Most folks bump up their [SIZE] in the raws. Me, I'm currently using numbers around 20, but still don't see/hear of many megabeasts (mostly semi-megabeasts in Adventurer mode, nearly half of whom are actually just named wild animals, and almost always so heavily-injured they might not require my assistance to off themselves when my adventurer actually gets near).

tl;dr
Boost the [SIZE] in the raws as much as you dare; you can always bring it back down after gen, but leaving it high could be fun (or FUN).
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Guillaume777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:03:46 pm »

Most folks bump up their [SIZE] in the raws. Me, I'm currently using numbers around 20, but still don't see/hear of many megabeasts (mostly semi-megabeasts in Adventurer mode, nearly half of whom are actually just named wild animals, and almost always so heavily-injured they might not require my assistance to off themselves when my adventurer actually gets near).

tl;dr
Boost the [SIZE] in the raws as much as you dare; you can always bring it back down after gen, but leaving it high could be fun (or FUN).

I think 20 is the default for megabeasts...

Also, is there a way to start the game with more megabeasts?

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 09:06:10 pm »

Oh. I must just have lightly tinkered them, then... I'll remember to cube them next time.

Yes. Invent some more! :D
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Lalandrathon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 03:47:34 pm »

What tag makes creatures learn? Is there a way to make dragons become "supredragonly tough" as time goes on, or things of that sort?

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 04:01:33 pm »

to make more mega beasts, when you gen the world make the year that it starts checking for mega beasts lower and lower the percentage of dead mega beasts
and i think the tag to make creatures learn is intelligent but i don't mod much so i'm not completely sure

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:48 pm »

[CAN_LEARN]

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Category:Modding
http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Creature_tokens#C

...although I'm not sure what a dragon might do in order to gain experience. Swimming, perhaps (they probably have [SWIMS_INNATE], which you'd have to remove). Maybe Wrestling?

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 08:48:13 pm »

...although I'm not sure what a dragon might do in order to gain experience. [...] Maybe Wrestling?

Yeah, they'd wrestle. I might have to throw this on a bunch of megabeasts next time I worldgen (along with a size bump-up).

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 08:26:54 am »

My advice: Use Cpt Mayday's Legendary Lands mod. [Most of the creatures are updated in this mod, not just the megas. If you want to have challenging gameplay, you should try this mod out.]  :)

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 08:39:55 am »

If i were you i would also check out the More Megabeasts mod.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.