Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: Greatbridge of Oceans (community fort, why not)  (Read 46170 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Greatbridge of Oceans (community fort, why not)
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2009, 09:41:32 pm »

Solon stood outside the door to Red Fortune's room, feeling awkward and uncomfortable. After a few minutes, Atis Voicedpapers, Fish Dissector and occasional doctor, stepped out.

“Well, she's not doing so well. It's just a broken hand, but for some reason she's refusing to drink any of the medicinal rum I brought for her. She also won't touch the medicinal beer, ale or wine.” She shook her head. “It's practically like she wants to be sick. She's asking for water!” Atis looked puzzled for a moment. “That, and she's requesting her dog skin blanket, her “special” dog bone doll, and something else that I'm not sure I want to repeat.”

Solon nodded absentmindedly. Something had just popped into her head. The fragment of a memory... something called “desalinization.” She'd have to force herself to ask Lord Legon about it. After all, it was high time he did something useful with his supposedly legendary skill in mechanics.

From the Journals of Solon Wardbridges, 1st of Hematite, 204

Long story short, it worked. Red Fortune got the fresh water she wanted, and I get to breathe a big sigh of relief. Much as Red Fortune scares the wits out of me sometimes, I'd hate for her to die. Especially since I was the one who ordered that inconvenient little collapsing channel dug. As Legon was so happy to remind me every time he went to work on the pump. Jackass.

It's summer now. I've got a feeling the orcs might be back. Ah well. Here's a toast to not dying of thirst! We've got better, more exciting things to die of here in Greatbridge.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2009, 09:50:30 pm »

From the Journals of Solon Wardbridges, 12th of Hematite, 204

Gods damn it, why did I have to be right.

Even worse, it looks like the orc who killed Dunar is back with them. I hadn't recognized it, but Teach pointed him out to me, and told me that the others had taked to calling that one "Incestspattered".

What.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2009, 10:08:32 pm »

Wow. Perfect time to introduce his sister?  ???

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2009, 10:16:47 pm »

Well, I haven't got any female siege operators at the moment, but if you'd be willing to accept another dwarf, or a male siege operator, I'd be happy to oblige you.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2009, 10:25:05 pm »

Sure, anything goes!  ;D I love how you flesh out your characters.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2009, 10:57:36 pm »

hey, is this fort still taking ideas for insane projects doomed to fail in the name of the king?

if so, then here is my demand!: once finished, the bridge needs grand and massive archways at either end! but these can be no ordinary arches, no. that wouldnt be InSaNe enough. you need to use magma and cast vast solid blocks of obsidian on either end. they then must be carved out into the finished arches, with every surface engraved!

if there is no magma on the map, then turn the whole surface of the bridge into a vast mosaic depicting something cool. not sure what. >_>

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2009, 12:04:28 am »

PHEW! Good work! I would never of been able to establish a pump and desalinating chamber fast enough, but then again, I've never had to... She eludes death, that gal.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2009, 12:09:22 am »

Damn, this fort is awesome.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2009, 06:03:53 am »

Perhaps pre-emptive archaeology wasn't the greatest of ideas.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2009, 06:45:15 am »

Needs more jails.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2009, 07:46:55 am »

if there is no magma on the map, then turn the whole surface of the bridge into a vast mosaic depicting something cool. not sure what. >_>

ooh! turn the archways into huge depictions of the sun!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2009, 01:44:39 pm »

hey, is this fort still taking ideas for insane projects doomed to fail in the name of the king?

if so, then here is my demand!: once finished, the bridge needs grand and massive archways at either end! but these can be no ordinary arches, no. that wouldnt be InSaNe enough. you need to use magma and cast vast solid blocks of obsidian on either end. they then must be carved out into the finished arches, with every surface engraved!

Yes, demands are still accepted. My original plan was to have a new demand come in with each fall caravan. What with all the sieges, I've had a total of one caravan actually arrive. I love the orc mod.

No magma here, but I like the idea of mosaics. Hmmm... what kind of mosaic would a cheerfully insane king like?

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2009, 01:59:20 pm »

From the Journals of Solon Wardbridges, 26th of Hematite, 204

It's odd that the orcs have become an assumed fact of life around here. A horde of vicious creature bent on killing us all, and probably aiming to use our bodies in some barbarian pancake mix? Hardly merits a comment these days. Some random herbalist was speared and used like a giant bearded toothpick? Ha! When doesn't that happen. That guy was practically asking for it, anyway.

Maybe I'm becoming callous too. All I know is that when some dwarf calling herself Renna told me she would welcome the opportunity to splatter orc heads like so many watermelons, I hardly batted an eye. Apparently the late Dunar was her brother. Revenge, etc. I need to keep track of these things.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2009, 02:14:26 pm »

Bearded toothpick?
Well, what with all the cats your average dwarf eats, I can't say I'm surprised.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2009, 02:25:25 pm »

No magma here, but I like the idea of mosaics. Hmmm... what kind of mosaic would a cheerfully insane king like?

Think of the bitter irony that a mosaic of magma would ensue. Its perfect!
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28