Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Greatbridge of Oceans (community fort, why not)  (Read 46147 times)

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
Re: Greatbridge of Oceans (community fort, why not)
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2009, 12:52:07 am »

I demand that you build a jail that is shaped like a rainbow!
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2009, 12:57:11 am »

there should be a bunch of pressure plates linked to drawbridges in the middle of the bridge. if orcs come into it, they get dropped into the sea

that, or they need to be put to levers so any dwarves the king dissaproves of can be flung either to the orcs or the fish

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2009, 02:38:28 am »

Have I done anything lately?
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2009, 11:36:52 am »

Have I done anything lately?

(Not really. It's been a very boring few seasons.)

Some Events From the Fall and Winter of 205

Missed one. Another volunteer for the army. They're coming out of the stonework these days. The usual drill. He'll get his hammer soon as we have more armor.

Fall was naturally a busy time in Greatbridge. Solon was scrambling back and forth between the charcoal storage room and the smelters, and everyone who could possibly do so was out on the rickety framework of the bridge, extending it just a bit farther out towards the opposite shore.

Frea, on the other hand, was taking a bit of well deserved time off to work on a personal project. The bar and dance hall that she and Jim had been working on was obviously temporary, but it felt good to nearly have it finished. Yes, she was no longer Frea, farmer. She was now Frea: Small Business Owner!

“Kobolds! Out in the fields! Looks like an ambush!” Teach called out from the tower.

Just the words Rysith had been waiting all season to hear. “YES! TIME TO AXE SOME QUESTIONS!” he roared, leaping off of his feet.

“Oh, my mistake! Alban and Geshud are out there. Looks like they took care of things. Might as well sit back down, Rysith.”

Teach was grinning as he spoke, which didn't help Rysith's mood.

“Damn it!” Oh well. He supposed this would give him more time to think of a heroic battle cry. YES! TIME TO AXE SOME QUESTIONS just wasn't quite... cutting it.

From the Journals of Solon Wardbridges, 17th of Obsidian, 205

We're almost out of winter, and no one has seen any sign of the orcs. Frankly, it worries me. Oh, Inaluct thinks that we may have killed enough of them to scare them off for now, but I'm not convinced. I think they just heard about all of our preparations and stayed away just to spite us. Bastards!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2009, 12:14:27 pm »

Well, historically, orcs often wait to regroup and launch an even BIGGER assault.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2009, 05:04:01 pm »

What historical orcs are you referring to?

Also, are those gem windows in the bar? If so, then part of Jim's master plan is complete. Of course, to be truly complete, the whole wall must be made of gem windows.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2009, 10:28:23 am »

Also, are those gem windows in the bar? If so, then part of Jim's master plan is complete. Of course, to be truly complete, the whole wall must be made of gem windows.

(Indeed. I also made them from mixed gems, so they change colors. It seemed appropriate.)

Events in the Spring of 206

Remalle was in the fields, chopping down one of the few remaining trees she could find. She gave it one last thwack with her axe, and watched in satisfaction as the ancient ash began to fall. There were no dwarfs nearby, so there was no real reason the yell a warning. Still, it was fun. “TIMBERRAUGH!”

It turned out someone had been standing behind the tree trunk.

Fortunately, Alban and Geshud were there to save the day. As usual.

\

From the Journals of Solon Wardbridges, the 2nd of Slate, 206

Guess what, everyone! It's time for good news, bad news! The good news: The elf caravan arrived for the first time in a few years. The bad news: Apparently they weren't in the mood to dispel any stereotypes; all they brought were a few logs and several dozen boxes of cloth. Oh, and a prickle berry. Nice work, fellows.

The good news! While a goblin kidnapper managed to work his way into the fortress interior somehow,
Alath the miner was on hand to teach him not to do that again.

The bad news? Apparently he had a friend with him. Lokum was one of Frea and Legon's kids. The one I liked, too.

I'm just going to hide in my office for a bit.

Rysith was out on patrol when he spotted the goblin, trying to hide behind two monkeys, (who in turn were trying to hide behind each other).

Aha! He raised his axe over his head and screamed “AXE ME IF I CARE!” (still needed work), while charging into the fray blindly.

When the dust settled... well, at least he had killed something! He wasn't sure where the goblin had got to, though.

(Rysith, I'm hesitant to say this... but I think your dwarf might just be the most useless soldier ever.)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2009, 10:28:48 am »

I think orcs just like assaulting things.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2009, 11:24:25 am »

... the goblin, trying to hide behind two monkeys, (who in turn were trying to hide behind each other).
Best mental image ever.  Did I get hurt by the ambush?

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 28, 2009, 12:23:49 pm »

(Rysith, I'm hesitant to say this... but I think your dwarf might just be the most useless soldier ever.)

At least he's enthusiastic about it, even if all he's managed to kill thus far is some monkeys.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 28, 2009, 02:24:08 pm »

Wait, was I the one kidnanapped or was it the other child?
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 28, 2009, 02:46:30 pm »

Are there any dwarves to adopt?

In that case.

Name: Titoo

Job: Wrestler recruit/Whatever

Needs alcohol to get through the working day.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 28, 2009, 04:50:31 pm »

The bad news? Apparently he had a friend with him. Lokum was one of Frea and Legon's kids. The one I liked, too.

NOOOOOO!

He stole my future butler retirement plan!
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 28, 2009, 07:08:32 pm »

"A child of mine was Kidnapped?!!!

Meh, give me a year and I'll make up a replacement for it.  By the way check out this new dining room...."

-Frea
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 28, 2009, 07:14:57 pm »

"A child of mine was Kidnapped?!!!
Meh, give me a year and I'll make up a replacement for it.  By the way check out this new dining room...."
More like "Who stole my shield", amirite?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28