Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: Greatbridge of Oceans (community fort, why not)  (Read 46160 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Greatbridge of Oceans (community fort, why not)
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2009, 12:24:05 pm »

Hooray for littering!

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2009, 04:32:41 pm »

So, do I have a new dwarf as requested yet?

You wanted a ranger, right? Still got none, but as usual, if you wouldn't mind a different dwarf, he or she will be yours.

Also:

Worthless cowards. I should have them flogged.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2009, 05:17:09 pm »

A brief conversation, featuring Inaluct, Official Secretary, and Solon Wardbridges.

“I'm worried about the food, Solon. We don't have that much of it.”

“What? Wait, really? Well, that's a good thing to be worried about. Er, just how much do we have left?”

“By my count, eleven cooked turtles, thirty-five prepared meals, and one prickle berry.”

“Ah. Just the one?”

“Yes. Got it with me right now.” Inaluct held out her hand, and they both paused to look at the lonely specimen.

“It's a very nice looking prickle berry. Er, very plump... and prickly. The name suits it perfectly”

Inaluct shrugged. “True. Won't help us much when we're all starving to death.”

Solon sighed. “Ok, ok. I'll talk to Frea. I'm sure she'll be able to figure something out...”

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2009, 08:45:10 pm »

Get someone to eat the prickle berry, then plant the seed.  Living off of turtle and prepared meals in the mean time, make prickle berry your only crop.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2009, 01:39:14 am »

Sweet, criminals will soon be in my jail.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2009, 12:14:21 pm »

The Events of The Autumn of 304, as summed up by Solon Wardbridges

As we've come to expect, there was no sign of the fall caravan. Maybe the king really has forgotten us. That'd be just like the mad bastard.

Legon and Frea went and had a baby. Fortunately, the kid seems to take after his mother.

Note to self. Never ask Red Fortune to slaughter a cat again. The look of evil satisfaction on her face... And that Jim is starting to irritate me beyond belief. I can't understand half the things he says (what does mellow even mean?), and when I mentioned off hand how happy I was that we had stayed alive for another year, he got a strange look on his face, and then told me I'd just given him an idea for a song.

Weird!

Still, I've got reason to be positive for once. Our food stocks are... okay, we've got an emergency supply of fresh water, and we're actually making some progress on the bridge!

I think we can easily last out the winter, just as long as there are no more surprises-

Oh for fucks sake.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2009, 02:06:49 pm »

You got a kobold ambush?  Never seen one of those.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2009, 03:21:24 pm »

I've had them.
Kobolds have the same fighting ability as a pointy dog. Not the worst threat to face a dwarven fortress.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 20, 2009, 03:37:23 pm »

I had one kill a liaison to the mountain homes once.  They can be rather irritating.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2009, 06:47:02 am »

Rysith ran through the waist high grass surrounding Greatbridge, guided only by Ineth the herbalist's desperate cries, accompanied only by his thoughts, and the ever-present rain.

This time, he would prove himself. All kobolds would flee before him, albeit slowly (because he would chop their legs off), and any one that tried to stand up to him would not do so for long (again, the leg chopping), and by the time five minutes were up, he would be a hero.

Ahead of him, he could hear the sound of fighting, just over the crashing of the waves. Thinking nothing of his own safety, he leaped down the the side of the hill onto the beach, roaring his battle cry. (And spraining his ankle in the process)

“Oh, hey Rysith. About time you got here. We just finished the last guy off.” In front of him, instead of kobolds, stood Geshud and Aban, the two hammerdwarfs.

“ARRRGGGohshitwhat?”

“Yeah, Geshud here went into some kind of crazy state and just tore them to pieces. Y'know, what did you call it, Geshud?”

“Kind of a martial trance. It was pretty crazy.”

“Oh, yeah. That was crazy.”

Rysith's shoulders slumped in defeat. Okay, so maybe next time he would prove himself. Yes! Next time! He still had no doubt that one day he would be the greatest axelord the world had ever seen.

It just might take a while.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2009, 07:28:49 am »

From the Journals of Solon Wardbridges, 1st of Opal, 204
We're under siege again. Is that really even worth mentioning anymore? Pardon me, journal, I'm just off to drown myself. Will write more later.

The Fourth Siege of Greatbridge: Part One or so:
Doom Landsblack, they called him. Frankly, “they” were being a bit overdramatic, but the orc master lasher did look appropriately horrifying as he drove his small horde of wrestlers and slashers onward. Gazing upward to the stone fortifications high above, Doom saw a small shape moving about. He roared in fury and bloodlust, a roar that would signal the doom of this fortress and all who lived in it. A roar filled with contempt for civilization and all that it meant. Or rather, he would have done that, had he lived.

Teach was a very good shot these days, and Bustedlung had turned out to be a very fitting name.

Soon Doom's horde looked more like a hordelet.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2009, 07:41:14 am »

hooray! My artifact is killing people!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2009, 01:44:26 pm »

Oh, they think that they can stop me with their "Getting there first" and their "Killing everyone before I get a chance to". I'll show them. I'll show them all!

Incidentally, since I'm almost certainly not sparring with the neck injury, can I be sent out to practice on the horses or whatever other wildlife frequents Greatbridge? A patrol path with "harass dangerous animals" should be enough. Well, or a herd of wild animals will stomp me to death.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2009, 01:59:51 pm »

I propose an archaeological dig on the seaside!
There must be fossils somewhere  :'(
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2009, 02:27:25 pm »

I say we build an arena.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28