Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The [DEFENDER] tag  (Read 532 times)

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
The [DEFENDER] tag
« on: March 31, 2009, 07:27:51 pm »

I'm not sure if this has been noticed yet (The wiki doesn't appear to mention it), but adventurers with the [DEFENDER] token appear to start as:
Great Wrestler (1500/1600)

Or something to that effect. At least while using the Play Now! option.
Thoughts? Comments? Declarations that everyone else knew this already?
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: The [DEFENDER] tag
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 07:52:46 pm »

This is probably something in the game to make HFS more powerful. The game must say that the default level for a creature with defender is a great wrestler. Does that mean that you could create a more difficult race to kill by adding the [DEFENDER] tag to them?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
Re: The [DEFENDER] tag
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 07:58:36 pm »

Yes, it could probably make a harder race to kill. But then, considering the other effects of the tag, you'll find them in 'fun' places, in addition to wherever they were before. In groups.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.