Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: GODDAMN SNOW  (Read 4620 times)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
GODDAMN SNOW
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:15:35 pm »

Snow?

In my country?

It's more likely than I thought.

In fact, several schools in the northern areas had to close because of the weather. People can't get to their jobs because of the heavy snowing. Unless you like in Reykjavík like me, in which case you're only mildly annoyed by the cold and some snowy spots.

AND IT IS MARCH.

I blame global warming.

Yes, I blame the fact that it's freaking cold on global warming. The more knowledgeable of you will know why, but let me explain:

This is all from memory, but basically, the Gulf Stream, originating in the bay of Mexico, crosses the Atlantic and brings warmth to Iceland. Global warming is screwing it up something fierce, and so Iceland is actually getting colder.

tl;dr: It's snowing so badly it causes avalanches here in Iceland because global warming screws up the Gulf Stream.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

FoboslC

Re: GODDAMN SNOW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:18:40 pm »

Hmm. Boksi?
Boksi, boksi..., hrmpf.
Boksi, do You play cybernations?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 02:44:19 pm »

We are having heavy rains in the dessert here, and it is spring, which is not the usual rainy season.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 02:57:59 pm »

Yesterday, it rained, snowed, and gusted. Today, it's fairly warm, and everything that's transpired the day before might as well have never happened.

In other words, it's regular Michigan weather.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 04:14:54 pm »

I love snow. We got less than an inch of snow this year, and it was widely celebrated (exaggeration of actual reaction), as it was the first time snow had come and actually stuck to the ground in about 10 years. It still lasted less than half a day.

I wish Alabama got more snow.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 04:27:48 pm »

I love snow. We got less than an inch of snow this year, and it was widely celebrated (exaggeration of actual reaction), as it was the first time snow had come and actually stuck to the ground in about 10 years. It still lasted less than half a day.

That reminds me of what happened down here in Texas a few years ago, it snowed quite a bit. It lasted till the next night where I live too.

That was the first time I EVER saw snow.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 04:32:14 pm »

That reminds me of what happened down here in Texas a few years ago, it snowed quite a bit. It lasted till the next night where I live too.

I heard about that, did people freak out?

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 05:01:56 pm »

I heard about that, did people freak out?

In this town everyone just stayed inside, but I was going about business as usual, being apparently born with massive cold tolerance (I forget and didn't notice I was not wearing a jacket when I went out to check).

There were people freaking out though, like saying end of the world stuff honestly. Pansy's.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 05:16:10 pm »

Yesterday...
 Oh lord, yesterday was the perfect day to be in DC. At first everything was cloudy and rainy, then the clouds broke apart and we got a nice day with frequent clouds and enough sunlight to warm things to a nice temperature. Then there was the occasional rain clouds, which would bring down a torrent for five minutes and leave.

It was glorious. Seems in spring every day starts out cold and overcast as hell and turns into an ideal day in the afternoon.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 05:41:22 pm »

Yesterday...
 Oh lord, yesterday was the perfect day to be in DC. At first everything was cloudy and rainy, then the clouds broke apart and we got a nice day with frequent clouds and enough sunlight to warm things to a nice temperature. Then there was the occasional rain clouds, which would bring down a torrent for five minutes and leave.

It was glorious. Seems in spring every day starts out cold and overcast as hell and turns into an ideal day in the afternoon.

Pfft, lucky. I'd expect that living in the state where in anyplace can be less than half an hour away from the beach, cookie for who ever gets that right ;). That it would start to get warmer, O.K. well it is right now but this week still looks pretty crappy. Of course it's tolerable as I only grumble mildly at inclament weather.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 06:15:04 pm »

Scotland. Where it can be all 4 seasons in one day. 'Nuff said.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 07:11:08 pm »

I'd expect that living in the state where in anyplace can be less than half an hour away from the beach, cookie for who ever gets that right ;).

I'm guessing either Rhode Island or Hawaii.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 08:25:23 pm »

Scotland. Where it can be all 4 seasons in one day. 'Nuff said.

Texas can have five in one day.  Frozen rain in the morning, hot at noon, OMFG HOT in the afternoon, hot rain in the evening, and frozen again at night.  Had a spell of that over the past few weeks.

Waitaminute-
down here in Texas a few years ago

You live in Texas?  Where?

So I can stay far, far away.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 08:35:51 pm »

down here in Texas a few years ago

You live in Texas?  Where?

So I can stay far, far away.

Sniper Joe and Aqizzer live in the same state, their combined power will finally allow Texas to get revenge on Mexico for that little dispute where Mexico humiliated the Texans at the Alamo and ended up getting Texas annexed by the U.S.

Mexican-American War ftw.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 08:40:13 pm »

OH DEAR GOD.

And he's only a state or two away from me...

Cower.
Pages: [1] 2 3