Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: GODDAMN SNOW  (Read 4622 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: GODDAMN SNOW
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2009, 10:37:59 am »

Everybody in Connecticut run over cats on the way to work.  WITH DOUNKIN DONUTS.

>_>

We're cold.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2009, 12:32:01 pm »

Snow?

In my country?

It's more likely than I thought.

In fact, several schools in the northern areas had to close because of the weather. People can't get to their jobs because of the heavy snowing. Unless you like in Reykjavík like me, in which case you're only mildly annoyed by the cold and some snowy spots.

AND IT IS MARCH.

I blame global warming.

Yes, I blame the fact that it's freaking cold on global warming. The more knowledgeable of you will know why, but let me explain:

This is all from memory, but basically, the Gulf Stream, originating in the bay of Mexico, crosses the Atlantic and brings warmth to Iceland. Global warming is screwing it up something fierce, and so Iceland is actually getting colder.

tl;dr: It's snowing so badly it causes avalanches here in Iceland because global warming screws up the Gulf Stream.

Can I have some of your snow? Hull had the first real snow for years in winter but it vanished after a few days.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2009, 02:23:11 pm »

Can I have some of your snow? Hull had the first real snow for years in winter but it vanished after a few days.
Hull, eh?
In Leeds, I think the snow lasted a bit longer. I don't know (as I wasn't simultaneously there and in Hull), but I remember thinking at the time that it was staying on surprisingly thick-like. My contacts in Birmingham told me that it was all gone there, while we still had some.

For non-Brits: Britian had a few days of relatively heavy snow late winter-just-gone, some folk were cacking themselves about not being able to drive the kids to school and such rubbish. The papers had a moan about the government being woefully ill-prepared to deal with freak weather "swings". I also hear that some Canadian expatriots (well, one) thought that it was rather funny that we islanders were getting so excited about a little light snow.
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 02:43:16 pm »

Everybody in Connecticut run over cats on the way to work.  WITH DOUNKIN DONUTS.

>_>

We're cold.

You guys sound like assholes! >:(

I always throw my cats into the pit and allow them to breed in there, keeping only two males in the fortress ground!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 04:20:23 pm »

Aqizzar, you're lucky. I'd love to meet Howard Taylor. I'm trying to get 110 bucks together to pre-order all of the books now.

At least I'm FAR away from Joe though.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 04:16:11 pm »

>_>

We're cold.

You guys sound like assholes! >:(

I always throw my cats into the pit and allow them to breed in there, keeping only two males in the fortress ground!

To add insult to injury, I stumpled upon this on youtube.  This was in Hartford, CT  by-the-way.  (That's our capitol, WHIHC YOU DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN!! AGHAGAHGHA!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxrJMtV8Kl0

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 06:48:37 pm »

GODDAMN HEAT.

I CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SNOW WHILE YOU'RE AROUND!

Seriously, if the trees had leaves it'd be summer now.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 10:36:00 pm »

You guys think you have it ruff? I live in Fargo, North Dakota where the temp in the winter is generally around 0 to -10 without windchill. Since we live on the plains there's usually 5 to 10 mile and hour winds around bring us down to -30 windchill.The lowest temp we've had with winchill this winter was -60. But it's not only cold as balls either, we just got through a record breaking flood with a 42 feet crest on the Red River which was promtly followed by 7 feet of snow in 8 hours. And to top it off apparently in two more week the river is going to crest again at 41 feet. Top that dawgs! ;D
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2009, 10:46:58 pm »

Oh crap, the DC heat is setting in.

For those who do not know, DC can get tropical intensity humidity on good days in the summer.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 2 [3]