Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Door Tiles  (Read 727 times)

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Door Tiles
« on: March 30, 2009, 01:04:36 am »

Is there a way to change which tile wood, glass and metal doors use?  As it is, only the stone doors actually look like doors in my current tileset.

Ideally, I would like them to use the same tile as stone doors, and just use the material colors.  I realize it might be hard to tell the difference between some materials, but none the less, it would look better than it does now. 

Now that I think about it, I might be better off if I can just create all new tiles for them.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Tim
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

Sinergistic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Door Tiles
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:35:07 am »

Why, yes there is, good sire. The solution is really very simple:

First, head over the wiki, and check out the tileset page, located here: http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Tileset

Wooden doors fall under row 12, but you aren't going to want to change them, because they are a key element of your normal tileset (they are used as straight walls. Changing them to LOOK like a door would make your fort look even worse than it does now)

Normal (rock) doors fall under row 13, and metal doors fall under row 14.

Changing the tileset is just a matter of copy pasting the tile you want to the new location.

If you want, just post a link to your tileset and I can mod it for you.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:09:50 am »

The tileset I currently use is a combination of several tilesets that I merged to suit my personal tastes.  I've uploaded it here if you want to take a look.

I miss-worded my question though.  I would like to know if there is any way to change which tile in the .bmp file is used to represent the various doors, so that the same tile used to represent stone doors could represent the other doors as well.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

LordZorintrhox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 10:17:25 am »

Short answer: no, wooden doors are currently hard-coded.  Some day, though.
...but their muscles would also end up looking like someone wrapped pink steel bridge-cables around a fire hydrant and then shrink-wrapped it in a bearskin.

HEY, you should try my Dwarfletter tileset...it's pretty.
I make games, too

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 02:35:06 pm »

Oh well, thanks!