Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rock Crystals  (Read 1280 times)

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
Re: Rock Crystals
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 11:36:35 am »

Ah, that's right: ash > (lye) > potash > pearlash?

I think microcline is the same colour; I'm not sure since I've switched to the modified, "natural" colour scheme. Cobaltite is a nice light blue, though (it's just a bother that a tiny seam of it happened to run straight through my dining room; now it looks like we've had trolls for dinner).
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

Nahno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2009, 11:47:58 am »

I think microcline is the same colour; I'm not sure since I've switched to the modified, "natural" colour scheme. Cobaltite is a nice light blue, though (it's just a bother that a tiny seam of it happened to run straight through my dining room; now it looks like we've had trolls for dinner).

Epic.

I mean... I believe Cobaltite is (dark) blue, no light blue.

On topic; I've seen Rock Crystal, but only in small quantities. I suggest trade, as mentioned by Cheshire Cat.

soup_alex

• Bay Watcher
  • Immune to Psychology
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2009, 11:58:28 am »

In the default scheme, what appears as a light blue in the "natural" scheme appears as more like what I'd call a deep blue.
I think that microcline must be closer to cyan/light cyan.
Quote from: Jackrabbit
I feel a disturbance in the force, as if one guy cried out and was silenced via liberal application of sock.
Quote from: Kay12
Oh, espace! It's the act of espacing, or runnign awya, fleaing or so on.
Quote from: tigrex
Re: Dwarven Baby cancels Clean Self: Too insane; That's why babies don't clean themselves in real life, you know.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 12:29:17 pm »

Microcline is the same color as a swordmaster.
Cobaltite is the same color as a craftsdwarf or axe lord.
Kimberlite is the same color as a fisherdwarf or guard.
Garnierite is the same color as a jeweler or elite marksdwarf.

AFAIK, those four stones are the only ones of their respective colors.

Edit: forgot to reply to what I was originally going to :-[

Yup, that's the production chain for pearlash.  I find it's a lot easier to use the job manager for that sort of thing.  If you queue up a sequence of:
Make ash (30) -> Make potash from ash (30) -> Make pearlash (30)
You'll wind up with 30 pearlash without having to micromanage the workshops.  You can do a similar sequence if you want to use the lye step.

As for colors, you can put a construction (typically a floor) down, and when you remove it, it'll be the same type as the base layer.  That is, if you find a cobaltite vein in a quartzite layer, putting down some floor constructions on it and then removing them will leave you with quartzite cavern floors.

Incidentally, this makes a handy way to "upgrade" floor engravings.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:35:44 pm by LegacyCWAL »
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 12:43:19 pm »

As for colors, you can put a construction (typically a floor) down, and when you remove it, it'll be the same type as the base layer.  That is, if you find a cobaltite vein in a quartzite layer, putting down some floor constructions on it and then removing them will leave you with quartzite cavern floors.

Incidentally, this makes a handy way to "upgrade" floor engravings.

Now I want to use that with some red ore to paint the city red.  I hope that trick either doesn't get changed, or making floors on solid ground allows for engraving and reduced ore costs.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]