Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shells for artifacts  (Read 791 times)

yinyang107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Shells for artifacts
« on: March 29, 2009, 02:03:29 pm »

My miner wants some rock, cut gems and shells. The first two are no problem, but I can't find any turtles or lobsters. What should I do?
There's something to be said about a game where people are having a straight-faced discussion about smelting fish and the logistical problems that come with that.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Shells for artifacts
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 02:04:53 pm »

Pray you get a caravan for shells.
Or set every dwarf to fishing duty, hope they find a turtle, and butcher that turtle as quickly as possible!

yinyang107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 02:20:30 pm »

He's my favourite miner, too. Not  to mention legendary, a founder and named after me.
Fortunately, I've discovered a pond which I didn't know I had, and have set it as a fishing zone.
There's something to be said about a game where people are having a straight-faced discussion about smelting fish and the logistical problems that come with that.

Hamdinger

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Circulating The Tapes...or DVDs...or AVIs...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 02:29:55 pm »

Turtles are EVERYWHERE, you can melt a 1x1 pool inside a glacier and the pool will magically spawn turtles.

Just make sure that your dwarves eat the turtles so that you have some shells
A z-level is tall as your I M A G I N A T I O N

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 02:42:34 pm »

It's a funny idea, that when dwarves put turtle in a meal, it goes in shell and all...

"Zon Ironstomach has been quite content lately. He had a truly decadent drink lately. He had a legendary meal lately. He has been forced to digest shell lately. He has suffered severe internal injuries lately. He has admired a wonderful coffin lately."
"Get rid of that wine, beer, rum, and all that damn human and elven brews... Ale! We shall live and thrive on ale and ale alone!!!"
-"Snorri Mabdugkosak" Uberdwarf, inspiring his dwarfs during the Beverage Cleansing in Rashgeshud, Ewéathira in 144.

"The problem of Elven children is best solved with strangulation."
-Kogsak Maggotkiller, adventurer.