Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cookable_live question  (Read 849 times)

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
Cookable_live question
« on: March 28, 2009, 06:37:55 am »

I couldn't find any useful info about this. At first I wanted to be able to cook cagetrapped Elves by adding [COOKABLE_LIVE] to the entity file but this didn't work, not completely surprising. I then made a creature called Elf slave and put this on [COOKABLE_LIVE]. But my cooks don't drag them screaming to the kitchen.

I tried changing some things but to no avail.
EDIT: changing some things of the Elven slave stats, that is.

Below are the stats I use for Elf slaves. They're in the creature_domestic file, I copy pasted the Cow stats and made some adjustments. I'm using version 40d. Apart from the names of meals I have not changed anything in any other raw except for these critters.

If anyone could look at these and tell me the problem please?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 07:40:56 am by SnorriMabdugkosak »
"Get rid of that wine, beer, rum, and all that damn human and elven brews... Ale! We shall live and thrive on ale and ale alone!!!"
-"Snorri Mabdugkosak" Uberdwarf, inspiring his dwarfs during the Beverage Cleansing in Rashgeshud, Ewéathira in 144.

"The problem of Elven children is best solved with strangulation."
-Kogsak Maggotkiller, adventurer.

Musluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cookable_live question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:44:52 am »

Erm. COOKABLE_LIVE, as far as Wiki says, only works for Kitchens, not butchers...

Well, wiki doesn't say anything about turtles getting cooked... maybe because they're vermin. And you've made your elven slaves vermin, too. Hmm.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:48:02 am by Musluk »
Fe3g12 - the fourth iron ore.
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 07:37:45 am »

Why should it work for butchers? I want them to be cooked alive so it's a good thing that it should work only with kitchens.

Which line makes them vermin then? Verminhunter doesn't make them vermin themselves, does it? Or do you mean they should be set to vermin?
"Get rid of that wine, beer, rum, and all that damn human and elven brews... Ale! We shall live and thrive on ale and ale alone!!!"
-"Snorri Mabdugkosak" Uberdwarf, inspiring his dwarfs during the Beverage Cleansing in Rashgeshud, Ewéathira in 144.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 09:28:35 am »

Uh, yeah, this tag is only used in the vanilla raws for creatures that have VERMIN_FISH.  Presumably it allows them to be cooked into meals even if they haven't been prepared/cleaned at the fishery.  It's not going to work for "real" creatures.

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 04:18:54 am »

NOOOOO!!!!!
 :-[

Oh well. Guess I'll have to just butcher those slaves then. I had such a great mental picture of dwarves with huge cooking pots and screaming elves... I'll just hope that one day this tag will become universal. ;D

Thanks for the clarification!

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 12:53:22 pm »

Only vermin can have the cookable_live token. Well, that's not necessarily true. Anything can have the token, the problem is that they are not items and cannot be picked up by the cooks. Vermin are more like items in that regard as they can be carried as items.

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 04:10:02 pm »

This thread is slightly disturbing :P
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 05:12:24 pm »

Yeah it is.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Opirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 05:37:53 pm »

Yeah it is.

Very dwarf like though
Don't go drowning your boss for telling you to work.

damn nobles management.
Minedstockades

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 05:41:11 pm »

So, you want to show those cannibalistic hippies who's boss by eating them? You have become what you hate.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

pokute

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 06:13:38 pm »

So, you want to show those cannibalistic hippies who's boss by eating them? You have become what you hate.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
If history wasn't written by the victors, humanity's failures would be self-evident.

SnorriMabdugkosak

• Bay Watcher
  • Biban Deler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 10:59:25 am »

Well, not exactly. I don't care if they realise that I'm boss or not. In fact, if they did realise, they'd probably stop sending caravans. And my dwarves have gotten used to looking at a spiked pit through a window while they are partying, and then pull a lever which activates some pumps and opens a few floodgates so that everybody at the trade depot get's swiped into the pit.

Life is good. ;D