Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*  (Read 10940 times)

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 04:56:44 am »

Which version are we using. The better looking version, or the normal one?

And, by the way, im going to be placed in the militery and called Heartly :D Swordsdwarves rule :D

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2009, 05:24:52 am »

Reading thread right now, sign me up.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Musluk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2009, 05:54:07 am »

I have to pass on signing up, time constraints and social drinkin'... but here's a bump, wishing for an awesome ride.

Edit: Next sunday and thereon I'll be free... maybe if the fort lives, I'll be up.
Fe3g12 - the fourth iron ore.
The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on.

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2009, 06:04:08 am »

Awesome fort so far. What happens after the HFS is breached?
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2009, 06:15:12 am »

Nevermind. Found out what HFS is. Anyway. Cant wait till my go.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 06:22:12 am by death »

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 07:01:54 am »

((After HFS, megaprojects. This place will become the mountainhome after all, and it has access to all of the features with which to make kickass things.))

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 23rd of Sandstone, Mid-Autumn, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

Well, two things happened today. I found out that one of my good friends, Iden the swordsdwarf had signed up for leadership next year, under the alias of Heartly. Now that the cat is out of the bag he goes by that name now. The other tidbit of news is that we have finally ran out of goblin junk to smelt down. I was looking through our records again today and found our fortress to be worth 3,700,048 dwarfens.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2009, 07:22:16 am »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 8th of Timber, Late-Autumn, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

I used a clever means today to get some work done on our soldiers armor. I told them not to wield any swords, so they dropped them down and they were swiflty hauled up into the stockpiles. Then I set a pile up for weapons behind the craftsdwarfs and took the weapons to that pile. Then a pile for refuse was placed there, and then I locked in the bone carver. He had only goblin bone to work with so he put only one decoration on each sword, and none of them spikes, but they look much better now and hopefully someone will pursue this idea in the future. We placed all the new iron chairs and tables several days ago, and the vote has been cast on whether or not to seal ourselves in for winter. The vote was 27 yes, 4 no. The swordsdwarves complained that they would have naught to slay if they couldn't reach the goblins, but they re-casted a yes vote once I informed them that the whole purpose was for them to spar all winter. I feel bad for Dastot.. He has a bad back and cannot spar with the others... Mayhaps I'll let him fight down a siege on his own as his training.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 07:42:03 am »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 23rd of Timber, Late-Autumn, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

I happened to find out that 2 engineers here have some familiarity with the engineering and operating of siege engines. I quickly built a workshop for each and am delighted at what they've produce. We now have a catapult and two ballistae, currently for just decoration. But, they could easily be disassembled, moved across the mountains, and placed deep underground to fire down a maze or long corridor at enemies...

I could'nt stand the incessant whining though, about how they needed to load the ballistae, so I order 10 iron ballistae head to be smithed, and made into 10 ballistae arrows. A powerful thing like that might easily just go and remove someone from this plane entirely, leaving only memories behind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 07:45:25 am »

Oh.  Well, you pretty much summed up what my idea had been, just now.  Heh.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2009, 07:53:29 am »

((Heh, I don't think just two ballistae pumpin  out iron will be enough, so please expand in there if you would.))

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 4th of Moonstone, Early-winter, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

It may not get freezing but it sure does get brisk here. I delayed until today on the raising of the bridge, so that our mechanics could install some cage traps out front. I had the spikes raised so that the smiths and mechanics can go and inspect them, make sure everything is running fine and make any repairs that need made. Our soldiers were releived of gaurd duty and told to do what met their fancy. A lot of shouting, drinking, and sparring quickly followed.

My word! One of our engineers just gave birth to a beatiful baby boy. I'm taking him on as my apprentice and arranged with the parents for him to work at being a smith, record keeper and trader once he reaches age. I'm undecided on a first name, so for now he is Reg Tomeurns, 'Fated baby'.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 07:56:00 am by sonerohi »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2009, 08:04:55 am »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 9th of Moonstone, Early-winter, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

I so badly wish to let down our gates so that we may strike down an orcish siege, but I have heard fierce rumours and tales about the one that leads them to us here today. It would be better just to wait it out and keep ourselves shelled up. In unrelated news, only 3 people are without rooms of their own now, and 2 rooms are being worked on so it is soon to be 1.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:48:57 am by sonerohi »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2009, 08:56:15 am »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 10th of Opal, Mid-winter, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

My time of command is dwindling down, and I'm satisfied. I can hear from my office the soounds of Atir, an engraver, working furiously away at the craftsdwarf shop, having taken in three chunks of marble. I also can hear the pained cries of Glacies. We were building a tank around the pillar that held water in our lake, so that we might have a waterfall machine. Glacies volunteered to remove the pillar, and was swept down the chasm by the rushing water. We couldn't see his descent through all the mist, and more water might sweep him further away from any ledges, so I quickly pulled the lever and the floodgates slammed down. It took several minutes for the mist to fade away, but we could see Glacies, alive and badly injured. He had taken a severe beating to every part of his body but his organs, and his ribcage was broken. We mined down the five levels that seperated his ledge from the waterfall tank, and I personally carried him up. His wounds all healed quickly, but his ribcage. He may be extremely tough, but the bones need to set and re-grow properly, so in bed he will stay. I'm ordering a lot of plants to be grown and drink to be brewed, because some dwarves, while they admire our well, would much prefer a frosty, cold mug.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 08:59:41 am »

Ugh... I am too groggy-eyed to make a proper entry, but it is early in the morning, the 11th now of Opal... I was awoken by Atir the engraver, who had finally finished his artifact, The Dismal Feast, a marble idol. I appraised it at 9600 and then slammed the door in his face.

Post Script: It is later in the day now and I'm feeling better with more sleep. Also, the first test of the waterfall machine is today. I hope it will sweep me off my feet! Get it? Huh.. I guess it's too soon for that joke.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 09:02:05 am »

Remember to give me your whole DF file. As you seem to have mods :D

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2009, 09:08:48 am »

Sparring has been prohibited, permanently. Zasit Laborwilted the Rythmic Lantern of Language has been slayed by Ast Teethpaddled the Growl of Healing in a sparring accident. Sorely shall he be missed, and I've sentenced Ast to be flogged twenty times. It is a travesty that is unacceptable. From the 16th of Opal onwards, we will spar no more forever.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13