Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*  (Read 10937 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2009, 03:36:59 pm »

Too bad he died.  There'll be another siege update; it's summer now.  Looks like the human caravan won't be coming.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2009, 12:03:33 pm »

Why hath thy forsaked us o lord of the legos!
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2009, 06:36:08 pm »

Uh . . . well, Friday I noticed my brother had left his copy of Fire Emblem:  Path of Radiance the last time he came home (which I never got to play through), and then I bought Pokemon: Platinum.

I'll get back to this in a bit.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 05, 2009, 07:42:12 pm »

Radiant Dawn is better.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 05, 2009, 07:46:53 pm »

Well, I haven't finished Path of Radiance yet, so that'll have to wait.  Unless I'm getting the Wii game horribly confused for something else.

Anyway, on this in just a minute, I've been distracted by VN.

Oh yeah . . . Death, how did the booze supply drop so quickly after you started that little "break"?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 08:06:28 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 05, 2009, 09:02:19 pm »

10th Hematite, Summer 147
   Another siege has fallen upon Lancerworks; once again, from the goblins, though possibly of a different civilization.  “We have contact” with two of them, but I can never keep them straight.  One is the Equal Dungeons.  They sound rough, but not to much of a worry.  The other is the wordy menace.  I think they’re the ones that fire paperwork at us asking us if we “consent to being sieged.”  They normally siege us regardless of answer, though.

Incidently I had the main entrance re-routed so that enemies coming through the main gate we actually come within range of our catapult and ballista. It was not a large change; just a few ramps and stairs.  Basically, wagons will get to the depot faster, Donnegan will be able to get to his room during a siege, and the siege weapons will see more use.  In fact, I think we may have to test them out.

On a side note, Glacies jumped in the artificial lake.  Though it may be tasteless, I must say I am glad about that.  I have been worried the dead might start rising soon to continue their rampages of grief.  We don’t have to worry about that with Glacies, of course.  One of the maddened furnace operators went a step further, ha, and jumped into the chasm.

Incidently, I write this in bed, as some guard had the nerve to beat me with his axe during a tantrum.  I have ordered all fortress guards to go unarmed.

18th Hematite, Summer 147
   Today is a sad day.  Though the siege has ended, one of our warriors, Kol the axedwarf, has died – not by the hands of goblins, but at the hands of our own ambitions.  He fell in the artificial lake whilst attempting to dodge a foe’s blade.  He had been fairing fairly well until then, as he had been surrounded, on his own, by at least six goblins; among them a legendary lasher.  There was not even a single mark on him.  He did not deserve such a death.  I have ordered that there be a system constructed so that the lake can be drained if necessary, at which time we will also develop ways to improve the lake’s drainage for such emergencies.

Okay, this is really weirding me out.  Does my writing seem excessively morbid?
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 05, 2009, 10:01:24 pm »

Here's a picture of the aftermath. 

Just so I remember

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2009, 04:13:11 am »

That is why you should fight them in the hallway, they getin and people fall into the lake. I wouldnt say its that bad. I mean, I tossed an Orc and there and he just stood up. Maybe that was because the waterfall was on.

Anyway, I stopped booze production for 6 days, and they drop. I had the booze being made all the time.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2009, 12:31:50 pm »

Can you put up a file from before you started the whole thing. I would make the map myself but everytime I do, it turns out wrong.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2009, 09:04:05 pm »

*pulls out silvithril trumpet, starts playing taps*

*21 crossbow salute is being done in the background*

Marzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2009, 10:17:14 am »

This thing had better be still going, man. Seems alright so far, and I want some HFS :P

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 10, 2009, 12:12:05 pm »

Well, it's either Lego gets back to playing, or he notifies us to skip him, or we vote for 3/4ths majority to skip Lego.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2009, 04:44:19 pm »

Sorry about holding this up.  The game's been slow and I've had a surprisingly busy Spring break.  Should be able to get it done soon if I upgrade to 40d11, if that's all right.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2009, 06:35:35 pm »

Wait, people actually do stuff over spring break? All I do is gulp down easter candy and collect all the scholarships I've won that year. So far I've only got $1000, but that's one fifth of my school fee this year so that's pretty good, eh?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 13, 2009, 08:43:31 pm »

That sort of concerned my original plans for the week, but things had to be done that took longer than original expected.  Anyway, update!

25th Hematite, Summer 147
   An armorer has been possessed!  I didn’t bother to ask his name; no one really knows him anyway.  It is a sure sign that the demons are trying to break through.  Curse them, the armorer, and whatever it is he makes!

12th Malachite, Summer 147
   The armorer has produced Akrelaroz, “the Rare Savageries.”  I told Donnegan, I said when he showed it to me, a name like that just bodes.  I feel a little woozy; I’m still in bed and it’s been awhile since anyone brought me food, and there’s been that booze shortage on account of all the barrels being full of mushrooms.

Oh right, the artifact.  It’s an Adamantine high boot.  It’s encrusted with and encircled with bands of tsavorite.  It has hanging rings of Adamantine (a potentially deadly waste of metal if I ever saw one), and it’s covered in spikes of turtle bone, turtle shell (what?) and Microcline.  There’s a picture of an amulet in goblin bone, too.

Like I said, it bodes.  Just generally bodes.
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13