Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*  (Read 10939 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 09:11:20 pm »

We have found, on today the 25th of Hematite, a vein of gold ore and a vein of tetrahedrite, both visible in the chasm. We will make a tunnel to the are nearby, install some blast doors, and sink shafts to the veins. We'll need to put in some walkways, but it will bring us much wealth, and should be exploited. In other news, the rooms, all 22, have been prepared. 6 are occupied. The four swordsdwarves have rooms, Kivish the craftsdwarf and ex-leader has one, and I have one. I ordered our future dining hall smoothed down, chairs and tables are being made, and a lot of goblin junk has been designated to be melted down into the base iron. We must work hard to prosper, but I suspect that more migrants shall come soon to lend a hand in our endeavors, and I hear rumours that the king sent a letter expressing interest in coming here, no doubt to get his greedy paws on the silvithril and adamantine.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 09:14:44 pm »

You'll find two native gold veins in the chasm, sah!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 09:27:11 pm »

((Indeedly doodly glacies. Found it when looking through for the tetrahedrite again.))

It is the 20th of Malachite, nearly the dead center of the summer season, and the twisting veins have all been dug out. A keen-eyed miner named Glacies spotted a second vein of gold deeper in the chasm, and it too was dug out. With three smelters and three veins of ore to process, I assigned two smelters to the two gold veins, and one smelter to the single tetrahedrite vein. I awarded Glacies with a room, and she is rather happy right now.

(( Felt the need to commend you, sorry if the gender is wrong, it can be changed though if you want.))

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:18 pm »

I had an awesome idea for a megaproject.

Gonna need a lot of upright spikes.  They won't need to be silvithril or adamantine, assuming those aren't SoF.  If they are, ballista will work . . . even better.  I'll have a busy turn.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 09:43:47 pm »

((Hate to burst your bubble lego, but the pit has been full of smoke since it was revealed.))

It has only been a day, but our smiths have laboured through the night and have nearly smelted all three veins. We now have an abundance of copper and gold, with an ample stock of silver... If only we had some steel then.. Oh well. Another matter is the surliness of the engravers here. I told them to make festive engravings in the dining hall, make it a place of levity so that one would not worry about the impending sieges and demons, and what do they do? Hundreds of engravings of miners breaching the pit, demons posing, dwarves burning! The damned fools. 30 tables and chairs have been crafted of stone and are ready to be placed. At our current population, everyone could feast at once! Except me, but it's ok because I have my own office to eat in. I guess that I'm friends with most everyone but... The only people I really feel comfortable with are the swordsdwarves. They've the same morbid sense of humour as I, and it's always fun to plan new means of goblin slaying. I recently suggested adding bone (of which we have plenty) spikes to their weapons to make them more decorated and more painful to the goblin scum, and it was well received. When things have calmed down again I shall see that it is so.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 09:48:44 pm »

No sweat.  Nothing can stop my plan (except time).

Also, great idea with the bone spikes.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 10:01:21 pm »

It is the 19th of Galena, late in the summertime. Our stocks of food still hold reasonably well. All the gold has finally been smelted, and I have an idea of what to do with this large excess of it. I first comissioned ten gold bars to be made into fine trinkets to trade with the caravan, and then I had a better idea. Once the crafts were made, I order 10 gold thrones and 10 gold tables and 4 gold statues, all to be the focal point of our dining hall. While it may be legendary now, once these are placed it will rival the meadhall of Armok himself!

deathstar175

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 10:02:03 pm »

Sign me up! I've been playing on my own version of this map and i must say it is going to be epic whatever happens.

barny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 10:25:17 pm »

Just dont kill the other chasm GCS... I have plans for it. I have a great silk industry and goblin prisoner arena made at my current fort on this map; and luckily they both go hand and hand  ;)

Also, can you name an engraver after me?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 10:30:28 pm »

It is the 11th of limestone, early in autumn. A smaller than usual caravan came this year, and I've gotten a chance to talk to the liason before the wagons got to the depot. I've asked for much more steel and silver, all the three cloths, spears and war hammers, and menacing spikes. I plan for there to be plenty of weapons to throw at any enemies who visit, in the form of traps if there aren't enough fighting dwarves. We have yet to barter out the price we will be paid for goods, but we are also working on chambers for the king right now. His rooms have had all the furniture made up from gold, doors and all, and every surface is engraved with masterful artworks and superior murals. I think they will easily meet his standards, once he is to arrive. We only just did finish moving everything into the dining hall, but we've got seating for 40 dwarves and the room has been called splendid and 'royal'. I also snooped out which of the engravers put demons everywhere in the dining hall. His name is Barny, and by my schedule he's going to be running the fort the year after next year's next year.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 10:39:19 pm »

It is now the 15th of limestone. I bought a large amount of food and wood, and gave the traders enough profit to entice them to bring more wagons next year. During the trading I was informed of a goblin siege coming in, and just now had a moment to run out and count them. 8 hammer goblins, 12 wrestler goblins, 10 swordsgoblins, a macelord, and a pikemaster. It should be rather easy pickings.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 11:02:52 pm »

It is now the 26th of Limestone. In the bustle of making windows for the king's chamber, melting iron gear and just the general bustle of running a fort, I somehow lost track of a mechanic. He had gone fey and was shouting himself hoarse for rock blocks. I had some made in the nick of time, and he produced an artifact mechanism made from marble, called the Superior Mortality. After all the trading I did I think I can properly appraise it at 56,400 in value. Looking back to Glummodest, it was 2,160,000 a valueable creation made from just two bars of silvithril. Our new mechanism has an image of the king being elected though, so I'll work it into his chambers somewhere.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 11:20:13 pm »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 5th of Sandstone, Mid-Autumn, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

Well, I finally got enough free time to use my official ledger heading and all. We're currently done with all projects we had, with the kings chambers fully furnished and windowed. We set up a vault for artifacts next to his bedroom, with the artifact mechanism serving as a pressure plate that opens up the iron door that seals the vault. We currently have our silvithril battleaxe, an obsidian mug, and a towercap idol all sitting in there. We ply the smelters every minute of the day and we have a considerable sum of iron. Enough so that I ordered 40 tables and 40 chairs of it to complete the dining hall for time immemorial. The merchants still haven't left, but I don't blame them that much. I certainly wouldn't want to be traveling about nowadays with how bad the goblin hordes have gotten. They may not be strong but their race is numerous. Why, one of their smaller settlements was catalouged to have near 3000 goblins in it!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 11:37:09 pm »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 21st of Sandstone, Mid autumn, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

I removed the order for half of the tables and chairs, so that we'll have only 20 of each cast from iron. I wish we could have all 40, but I was hasty in my earlier judgement and we do not have enough iron. Also, I'm starting to think that it would be a good idea to turtle up this winter and give our soldiers some downtime. A whole season of sparring will surely give them the training they'll need to be part of the demon fighting team. I hope only that we might have some migrants, so we can train some full time farmers and some more soldiers.

barny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 02:13:07 am »

Next person to singn up gets the honor of breaching the HFS...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 03:52:07 am by barny »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13