Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*  (Read 10938 times)

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2009, 12:16:24 pm »

One by me. With some guy losing his arm.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2009, 01:17:48 pm »

I don't have much time to read to story I'm afraid, so I think I'll be playing the role of a misinformed immmigrated overseer, but I'd appreciate a basic recap. Please PM me when I have to do my first evah HFS.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

FoboslC

« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2009, 01:25:32 pm »

I demand pictures. Now.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2009, 04:13:22 pm »

I always put pictures in succession games.  No worries.  Just let me get through tonight's homework . . .

Tomorrow afternoon is the start of my spring break, so tonight's the last night I'll have to worry about that.

Edit:  It looks like it's going to be interesting, but I can't put it up tonight; there's no time.  There will be pictures, though.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:01:15 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2009, 04:08:53 pm »

9thGranite, Spring 147
   “SIEGE!!”  Heartly cried from his post.  Several goblins had arrived, including Smuntstu Malignheated the Spearmaster, Ber Wereincest the Axelord, Stasost Badwhiskered the Pikemaster, and Snodub Boulderdoomed the Swordmaster.  Every civilian that was outdoors made an attempt to get to the fort.

“Where the hell is that idiot we’ve got as our leader this year?”  Heartly shouted.

“There he is!” Dastot the swordsman shouted, pointing a figure running towards the entrance whilst hauling a dark blue stone – cobaltite, upon closer inspection – for some reason

“Orders, sir?”

“How the hell should I know?” LegoLord snapped.  “You’re the soldiers, you handle the siege!”

The warriors braced themselves for the siege as they heard a dwarven scream to the north.  They rushed out to see who it was.  On the way through the hall, they found and killed an unconscious goblin with its eyes gouged out with a pick, by the look of the wounds.  Upon reaching the exit, they saw Kogan the miner standing triumphantly over the corpses of several goblins at the dry brook.  They recognized the body of Ber the axelord.  They stared in shock.

“What’re you doing out here?!”

“Ah’m killn’ ther gobbies!” Kogan shouted cheerfully.

“Get back in here, stupid!” Heartly commanded.  They reentered the fort, all except Kogan, who sought out the squad led by Stasost the Pikemaster.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2009, 05:41:50 pm »

LegoLord’s journal, 12th Slate, Spring 147
   I hear the siege went rather well.  A few dwarves died, putting the fort’s population at 53, with a miner stuck in the Adamantine mines dying of thirst.  Two other miners died trying to fight a squad of goblins on their own.  There were also some civilian casualties that resulted from some of the goblins chasing them down the false entrance.  I’ve ordered it sealed.  The flood trap will also be properly finished.

A few other civilians went insane from the aftermath as well.

On the brighter side, the siege is over, and Heartly’s silvithril sword was enough to send Snobdub the Swordmaster fleeing for his life – all the other goblin squad leaders were killed.  I also had remaining miners dig a tunnel leading to the pits from the fort, so that we don’t have to traverse the dangerous outdoors to get there.  Should we fall here, we may yet be able to seal the demons within this place long enough for the rest of the world to prepare.

They found a vein of Tetrahedrite – silver & copper ore – within the tunnel too.

18th Slate, Spring 147
   Snap! went the mind of the poor planter, Goden.  He was tired of all the work, all the death, all the impending doom of Lancerworks.  He charged at one of his fellow planters.

A bolt flew past him.  He turned and saw Sarvesh Sacksavages of the fortress guard and changed direction.  Sarvesh fired several more bolts within a very short span, and with great accuracy.  Goden dropped to the ground, dead.

LegoLord stood by, impressed.

“You!” He shouted at Sarvesh.

“Me?” Sarvesh asked.

“Yeah, you!  You’re in the military now!  We can’t have such a good marksman in the fortress guard!”

Oh boy.  Looks like we're gonna need another legendary dining room. :P
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2009, 06:01:58 pm »

LegoLord’s journal, 19th Slate, Spring 147
   In honor of all the dwarven lives lost lately, I am having a new vault built for our artifacts.  This one shall be carved from stone; not sand like the current one.  On top of that, it shall have a combination lock on it, so that any thieving dwarves can be deterred.  It will need to be something that would be easy to make a riddle about, and, of course, the actual code will be passed down from one leader to the next.

This is why I need to know some binary. I was thinking the code could be open to discussion by those who are taking part in this by way of PMs.

It will work with three sets of four levers, each representing a different number that can be translated to a four-digit binary code.  Then there's the "enter" lever and the reset lever.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 06:06:01 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2009, 06:12:40 pm »

Make an adder like at numberabeys, and somehow connect it to a door through whatever means availablle.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2009, 07:07:23 pm »

Er . . . I don't think I have the in-game time to get that complex.  I was just thinking a series of doors for each set of levers.  I would rig up some pressure plates in some other things (using water) to make it so that certain doors would only be open if their corresponding lever was off.  When all the doors for a set are open, a pressure plate at the end of the series would be triggered.  Once each set is appropriately triggered, pull the "enter" switch, and the door opens (based on another pressure-plate logic).  If wrong, either nothing happens or a deadly trap would be triggered.

Those are my template plans, at least.  Parts that turn out to not work well (or at all) need to be worked out.
Just so I remember

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2009, 07:19:38 pm »

26th Slate, Spring 147
   A figure in a cloak appeared on the southern horizon from where the military stood guard.  In fact, that was all she was wearing, aside from a pair of silk mittens and a leather hood. 

They had been wondering when a dungeon master would arrive.

Behind her stood a line of migrants.  They would have to be sorted out later.

LegoLord’s journal, 1st Felsite, Spring 147
   Poor Glacies went insane today.  Cracked.  Just like that.  Couldn’t take the stress of this place anymore.  What a shame.  He was a good dwarf.

I think.

I feel the pressure as well.  I couldn’t stop myself from locking myself up in my room and screaming the other day.  I don’t know what came over me.  Surely, it must be the demons trying to weaken us before our work can be completed.  But their efforts shall be futile.  We shall strike down this menace like a . . . uh . . . butcher strikes down a newborn kitten!

Sorry Glacies.  :-\
I would have replaced him, but your dwarf was the only male miner alive.  Well, it may have been the other way around.  But still, replacement would have been odd.

Edit:  I just heard lightning, so I'm going to save and exit for the night.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 08:00:25 pm by LegoLord »
Just so I remember

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 03, 2009, 06:52:23 am »

Juast make sure the guy who got his arm ripped off, doesn't go insane.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 03, 2009, 08:16:13 am »

When I die, ressurect me with DC and have me go all evil, lurking and insane. :D

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:07 am »

I am honestly frightened to let that powerful program loose on my computer.  I'm afraid I'll break something.

LegoLord’s Journal, 4th Hematite, Summer 147
   Another of our legendary miners went inane recently, leaving us with only one miner.  A new one has been drafted into the business, and is currently training in this craft so that he may one day mine Adamantine. 

To do this, I have ordered the carving of a grand catacombs.  It shall be a large, circular chamber forty-five paces in diameter.  There shall be engraved pillars at various points inside of it.  Tombs for nobles can be branched of a hallway starting at the northern side of the catacombs.

Spoiler: for large picture (click to show/hide)
Just so I remember

gumball135

• Bay Watcher
  • [ROBOTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 03, 2009, 01:14:05 pm »

I wasn't aware that DC worked on current versions. Yippee!
You could start a zoo and end up with a natural history museum, I'm sure no one would mind.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2009, 01:56:47 pm »

I've just read this page and I must say one thing: My few learned words of Dwarf have paid of. The name of Kogan, the guy who killed the Gobbo Champ, Means Boat. The game itself is now referencing Boatmurdered. (Koganusân)
Which is even more awesome.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13