Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*  (Read 10936 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Using the site I found from this thread: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32682.0, a succession fort shall be run.

The first year has gone by, the foundation laid, and soon it shall win the envy of all in the mountainhomes. Built around a bottomless pit, the dwarves of Lancerworked have built up an artificial lake, magnificent to behold. Around this pit weave the many bridges and staircases that 31 busy dwarves rush across each day. Glory is to be had but with trepidation, for the miners have found the terrible pits that house the horrors of the world, and through the quick thinking of a single dwarf, these pits have been sealed again. Haste must be made, for the liason from the mountainhomes assures us that the seal we have placed will last six years and no more. Preparations are constantly being made, and the miners and smiths occupied with safely extracting as much of the silvery metal as possible, and making from it gleaming weapons that our four defenders might train to face the demonic horde. The king decreed that no dwarf shall have complete rule over the fortress, not even himself, for in a place like this, riches and stress might drive a dwarf mad. I am taking over for this next year, since the expedition leader from the founders has become thoroughly disguisted with his tasks as leader, delegating all duties to me. The fort was prosperous under his rule, but under my rule and the rule of those after me, it shall become more. It shall become... glorious...

((No time limit per turn, but if its gonna take you a month then please tell us. Spot number 6 Has to deconstruct the microcline wall blocking the pit, and slay all the demons before their turn is up. I'd advise starting the task during the summer, and for others to please not open it before then. If you do, and you're not number 6, we'll probably ignore your save and turn. This is a slightly goal-based fort, and one should prepare as if they themself had to fight the demons. But. You. Don't. Actually. Unless. You're. Turn. 6. You can play the turn 6 file yourself if you want, as an unofficial play. Just don't mess up the official.))
1.Myself
2.Death
3. LegoLord
4. Barny
5. Deathstar175
Year 6: The year of unleashing! - Aldaris is the unlucky dwarf to preside.
7: Katsuun
8. marzen
9. slashcko
10. kai
11. Overkill

(After turn 10, I really don't care to order properly, so I just poked some random prime numbers in.)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:36:00 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

death

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Lancerworked: The glorious bid for power *Succession!!! (with HFS!)*
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 06:37:15 pm »

Ill take over next year. Amazing map. I just love it.

The strength of the pack is in the Wolf. And the strength of the Wolf is in the pack.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 06:41:26 pm »

This looks awesome.  I'll take a turn.  Libash Tobat has been very slow-paced lately.

Oh yes, this should be useful:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=908
for those who haven't heard of the Dwarf Fortress File Depot.  Having an account is free.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 06:44:13 pm by LegoLord »
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 07:30:15 pm »

http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-12654-initialwagon,

Updated the map to reflect the new year. The old one was from the very first year, this new one is spring of my first (official) year. Death, would you like to be dwarfed? All of our dwarves can be found somewhere in the party hall, you can pick and choose any one you like.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 08:00:04 pm »

(( Herein my special metal, silvithril, is introduced. It's armor and damage modifiers are 800, while adamantine is only 500. It takes one adamantine wafer, two silver bars, and two steel bars, to produce one wafer of silvithril. Thats right, wafer. This way, adamantine consumption remains the same, but extravagant amounts of steel and silver are consumed.))

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 28th of Felsite, late spring, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

Today marks the completion of some new armor for our soldiers. Each of the four swordsdwarves was given a gleaming adamantine breastplate, and a sturdy adamantine shield. Our two forward gaurds were given new swords of silvithril, the metal of the gods. It is adamantine tempered with steel and silver, to make it much stronger than just adamantine. The other two were green with envy, but we have not the steel or silver to augment further what adamantine we extract, and until such time they must be content with dwarven steel. They will get adamantine swords once we extract enough metals, but I fear it a long time to come before they will hold the god-metal in their hands. It is a wonder to watch them all sparring now, the feats of prowess regularly attracts dwarves to the barracks. I still don't think they could pull the fight against demon-kind by themselves, but certainly just orcs and goblins will turn to ribbons under their charge.

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 4th of Hematite, Early summer , in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

In the summer heat it was hardly appreciated that our newly made magma furnaces and forge cast extra heat into our meeting hall, but in wintertime it will be welcome. We now have two new smelters, a glass furnace, and forge, all using magma instead of charcoal for heat.

barny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 08:04:20 pm »

Sign me up!

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 08:05:06 pm »

Dang.  This is only the second year, right?  Incredible!  :o

Could you put a link to the mod in the OP?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 08:07:19 pm »

Well... I figure if I ship the whole save...?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 08:08:51 pm »

Yeah, that should work.  You mean DF version, right?
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 08:13:38 pm »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 7th of Hematite, Early summer, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

Busy dwarves get the +plump helmet roast+, me mom always said. So I put most everyone to work installing doors. The craftsshops by the depot have doors, all the future houses around the lake have doors, the mechanics have doors, and the future dining hall has doors. Doors, doors, doors. I have reserved a room for myself, quite near my office, and it is slightly larger than the others. It may be furnished a little more, but I've earned it, right? I figure any dwarf who runs this place, he or she will sweeten the deal for themselves while they're at it, right? Well, anyways. We have a lot of cows and horses around here, but it seems we have no actual farmers, or butchers, or tanners. The old leader told me they mostly got food from trade, and he had assigned the four living stoneworkers we have and our two woodcutters to do farming work. Since our carpentry and wood-cutting industries don't need much work right now, those two will be saddled with butchery and tanning work. Maybe they can get rid of some damn cows and get us some meat for the table.

((Yah, ship out my whole DF file. For those curious, it's folder 21 due to the fact that I play like, 20 or so forts at once.))

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 08:23:28 pm »

I think you missed my request for a turn.  Is was before barny's

'S cool though.  :)
Just so I remember

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2009, 08:26:14 pm »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 13th of Hematite, Early summer, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

Today while hauling horse meat from the butchers shop, I heard one of the swordsmen shout a warning to the populace. A goblin siege is on the horizon, and he knew this from the keening of their war horn. A quick survey shows 13 goblin wrestlers, 1 goblin swordmaster, 10 goblin macemen, 1 mace lord, and 7 goblin pikemen. The swordsmaster and the macelord are leading squads in front different sides in a pincer movement. The mace lord leads from the east, the swordmaster from the south. I await to test the drowning trap, and to see the survivors cut down by our cunning traps and powerful swordsdwarves. I will write again once the battle commences.

((Whhops, so I did!))

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 08:29:18 pm »

I am in too much haste to make the heading for my official ledger, for an exciting event has occured! Already two artifacts were made before I came here, but now I witness the creation of one myself! A smith, who is as equally skilled in the making of weapons and armor, has been posessed to claim the forge! He has two silvithril wafers, and works furiously with his hammer! I crave to see the works he shall make!

I shall make a postscript here: Praise Kogan Bendplank! He has made a silvithril battleaxe of legendary quality, dubbing it Glummodest the Saturnine Tick. He is not any more skilled at his art, and the name is dubious at best, but it still is a work of art. Once an immigrant comes that seeks to be an axemen in the army, he shall be trained to use this creation.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:32:37 pm by sonerohi »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 08:39:15 pm »

Log of 'Donnegan' Machinetrotted, the 17th of Hematite, Early summer, in the year 145 at the Lancerworked settlement.

Today, the macegoblin squad finally reached our gates. I was dissapointed to see that without a way to trap them into the flooded area, they simply fled from the oncoming wall of water. I ordered the pumps stopped, and am preparing the soldiers behind the bridge so that they can be out and upon the goblins before they can understand what hit them. Goblin-kind shall rue the day they attacked our settlement.

Success! Our swordsmen obliterated the mace goblins, not a one survived. The other squad has yet to realize the loss, and continue to advance. They shall regret it, for our entrance is still under a small amount of water, and it is all red from the goblins blood.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:45:01 pm by sonerohi »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 08:59:51 pm »

It is now the 20th of Hematite, and today the swordsgoblin and its foul squad came to our gates. They all began wretching at the gory sight of their dismembered and beheaded comrades, with their blood flowing at their feet. Our swordsmen chose that moment to strike, neatly turning every single goblin into an unrecognizable collection of diced up goblin chunks. Cleanup and gear reclamation will start now, and I'm awarding each soldier a room around the lake, and extra furniture for their quarters.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13