Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Mind & Magic Mafia! Sixth Day!  (Read 37952 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind & Magic Mafia! Third Day!
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2009, 09:44:35 pm »

Someone revive poor inaluct! :(

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2009, 09:45:02 pm »

Chaos?

PURGE THE UNCLEAN!
FOR THE EMPEROR!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2009, 09:51:25 pm »

Someone revive poor inaluct! :(

No posting whilst dead Inaluct, this is gonna be your last warning.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2009, 09:58:11 pm »

I'll use my day investigation on inalucts body...

As the group discusses in the main hall, Alexhans goes into the Grand Kitchen before Inaluct's body is moved or any of the evidence tampered with. He examines the scene for but a moment before it becomes clear to him.

"AHHA!" He exclaims, Alexhans calls everyone into the grand kitchen.

"Alright everyone, I will now deduce sir Inaluct's identity and his killer! As you can clearly see, by the almost odd garlicky and decaying smell of his body, this man had odd bathing habits, and the only profession in the world that involves bathing in blood and garlic is the necromancer! Now as you can clearly see, from the unusual pattern of the blood on the floor, that almost indistinguisable footprints were left, that the normal person can't see, but to a trained and talented detective like I, are clear as day! I can tell, it was Bob_smith that killed Inaluct!"

The crowd stands in awe. Certainly only a Master Detective could have deduced this!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2009, 10:02:42 pm »

and I discovered that webadict is the criminal mastermind too.  Thank you, thank you...  ;D  (I'm not arrogant... I'm perfect  :))

Let's lynch webadict now.

the necro is down!!!  Cheers to bob_Smith.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2009, 10:04:17 pm »

Wait.
The necro is dead! YAY!
Who was it? It was Inaluct. Okay, sorry. Confusing post.
And web is the assassin?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:06:50 pm by Org »

bob_smith

« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2009, 10:10:17 pm »

Notice there is no killer role on the townie side....

But... Isn't that impossible...
unless the mafia doesn't know the necromancer... Do they?

Would the master detective have said he couldn't deduce the identity if it were the Criminal Mastermind, or does he just say a random person?
What about with the Lovecrafian Horror?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2009, 10:12:35 pm »

there's the Situational Mind Controller... I'll think about it...
He can target me tonight so I should be protected or something

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 07, 2009, 10:23:04 pm »

If i had encountered the Lovecraftian Horror I would:
any detective investigating him is given the "townie" result and the investigator in question goes insane, and any person they investigate after that gives them the opposite answer of what they'd normally get. They are not told they are insane
Is there an opposite to criminal mastermind???
I investigated Cheeetar yesterday and he looked town...

Can someone tell if this is correct?  Any more facts?
Penguinofhonor - dead night 1
Zaithemaster - dead night 2
Qwertyuiopas
PsychoJelly - lynched day 1, revived, lynched day 2,
Boksi
Webadict   - dead night 1 and revived.  Criminal Mastermind according to my investigation
Alexhans   - Arrogant Master Dedective.
Org       
Inaluct    -  dead night 2 Necromancer
bob_smith
Pandarsenic
Cheeetar   -  I checked him and found him town.
Nuke

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 07, 2009, 10:43:11 pm »

and I discovered that webadict is the criminal mastermind too.  Thank you, thank you...  ;D  (I'm not arrogant... I'm perfect  :))

Well.. two things are wrong with that:

One, I'm not the Criminal Mastermind. Nor is there anyway for me to prove it.

Two, you're stupid. Now, we can either have the White Mage waste their turn each night protecting you while the Situational Mind Controller takes over you to figure out who's their enemy. This also means you've just wasted the White Mage's abilities.

Although, I guess the White Mage is free to contact you now. Of course, you can't really trust any of them until they're identified, so good luck with that, since you'll state their occupation out loud.

I can't prove anything, now can I?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2009, 10:49:08 pm »

Two, you're stupid. Now, we can either have the White Mage waste their turn each night protecting you while the Situational Mind Controller takes over you to figure out who's their enemy. This also means you've just wasted the White Mage's abilities.

Although, I guess the White Mage is free to contact you now. Of course, you can't really trust any of them until they're identified, so good luck with that, since you'll state their occupation out loud.

no web... You failed in proving anything.  I'm sorry, you had to be scum sometime... It was probable... I think it is your first time in all bay12games mafias...
Thanks for the free insult.  That makes you scummier.  You try to make me not trust the white mage... weak.  I will never state the white mage out loud.  DOn't try to make them scared of me.  And anyway... the mage can do whatever he choses... Protect me or revive someone... I'd prefer protection but what the hell... I still have to see if it would save me against the third party role...

Everyone please let's have mercy of Web and not make his agony longer...

bob_smith

« Reply #146 on: April 07, 2009, 10:52:23 pm »

This highly depends on if the mafia know all other mafia or not.
Assuming they do, the Lovecraftian Horror must have killed Inaluct.
If you go can't go insane from investigating after the Horror, then Cheetar is the Horror (Meaning the white mage was killed) if I am considered innocent. (I am innocent) Otherwise I am the Horror, and should be lynched.

Considering that going insane makes everyone look the opposite of their role, that would mean the white mage was killed and (if he investigated Cheetar on the first day) he found the AMD, but he can't because he is the AMD. (Oops, just realized he investigated Cheetar yesterday)
But, if he investigated Cheetar yesterday, then the Criminal mastermind would still be correct.
Therefore it could be Cheetar if he was investigated after Webadict.

Of course, if he can go insane from looking at the victim, then the Horror could be anyone.

If Mafia do not know each other, and the Necromancer's revival was just random, then the Webadict could have killed the Necroer, or AMD is insane and either Cheetar or I are to blame.

I hope you guys can read that and trust me. I am a townie.
Also, Chaoticjosh, answer whether mafia know each other, if you go insane from just looking at the dead body of the killed.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 07, 2009, 10:57:48 pm »

mmm bob... You should've been happy for killing Inaluct as he was the necro... But I guess that means you're the Lovecraftian Horror.  (I had already thought about it and believed it was that way... just waiting for you to post, I'm awesome, I'm beatifull, not at all arrogant :))

State your case in a more tidy fashion because I see a lot of mess in your last one.  it was just WIFOM for me... You probably can't convince me but you may convince others.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2009, 11:00:14 pm »

I hope you guys can read that and trust me. I am a townie.
Also, Chaoticjosh, answer whether mafia know each other, if you go insane from just looking at the dead body of the killed.

1Q)Do the mafia know eachother?
1A) If I haven't made it clear already, yes, they do.

2Q)Is it possible to go insane from looking at the victims of the LCH?
2A)No, only from investigating him or his body directly.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2009, 11:02:16 pm »

no web... You failed in proving anything.  I'm sorry, you had to be scum sometime... It was probable... I think it is your first time in all bay12games mafias...
Thanks for the free insult.  That makes you scummier.  You try to make me not trust the white mage... weak.  I will never state the white mage out loud.  DOn't try to make them scared of me.  And anyway... the mage can do whatever he choses... Protect me or revive someone... I'd prefer protection but what the hell... I still have to see if it would save me against the third party role...

Everyone please let's have mercy of Web and not make his agony longer...
I'm not saying you'll say his name out loud, but now you've just:

1) Lessened the probability of saving someone during the night.
2) Increased the probability of finding the White Mage for the Mafia.
3) If there are more than one Mage talking to you, then you'll have to scan one of them... I'm not trying to scare them, but rather warn them.

Unfortunately, you're right Alexhans. I never said I proved anything. I merely pointed things out for the Town. Unfortunately, since I'm powerless, there's not much I can do.

Also, your mafia assumption is wrong. I had the same probability as anyone else. I believe that's called the Gambler's Fallacy. Also, I've been Mafia plenty of times.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22