Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation, OOC  (Read 24086 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation, OOC
« Reply #420 on: July 17, 2009, 01:13:10 pm »

I want to get the Secrets domain, but before getting a related portfolio element and such, I need to make sure no one has it already. Turpis has Deceit, but I think that that is different enough from Secrets to warrant two domains (that and we are running out of domains).

If i get no objections by tomorrow, I'll start working on it.

EDIT: Also, a normal conceal action costs 1 AP, right?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 01:14:58 pm by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 17, 2009, 02:27:50 pm »

Me and Psyco are currently working on a way to prevent us from running out of domains. Give us today and by tommorrow we will find a way to solve the problem.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 18, 2009, 03:04:25 am »

Success!

Okay, so pretty much all the domains are taken. Maybe you would like entropic and destructive powers, while Velik Broj has control over that domain.

Whenever you would try to gain a domain, but the domain you want is taken, you can talk to the current god with that domain. If he/she agrees to let you use that domain, you gain that domain and become a demigod of it.

There are some stipulations. There may be two gods of entropy, but only one is the true god of entropy. When you use AP on an action relating to that domain, the god you are a demigod under can counter it for free. IF you tried to blow up the Nezumi with your new entropic powers, Velik Broj will probably revoke your demigodhood and counter the action.

A god can only have up to two demigods in under him, and you can only be a demigod under two or less gods.

What do you think?
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 18, 2009, 03:49:57 am »

I need to think up more Domains.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 18, 2009, 11:12:49 am »

I dont like this idea. At ALL. Because it means people with already more domains will automatically be stronger than people with less domains NO MATTER WHAT. You want to become a intermediate god? Well either suck up to a stronger god and become a slave to his will to not lose your powers, or remain weaker forever.

As such, I ask again for the Secrets domain, since no one else has anything close to it other than Turpis who has Deceit, which is still quite far from Secret (as far as Moon is from Earth, for example, and their are seperate domains for these two)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 18, 2009, 12:42:34 pm »

Let's think about domains.

Since The Unnammed one hasn't posted in a long time, I'll contact him. If he doesn't respond or does not wish to play any more, I'll free up his domains for everyone else to use. Same thing with garish, who doesn't seem to be that active.

Other domains that have not been taken, that are somewhat abstract:

Consumption - This one's mine!
Stars
Thunder - I justify it as different from wind.
Undeath - Zombie Empire
Souls - Me and Wayock are really the only people who deal with them.
Emotion - If we have knowledge, why not?
Cold - Not only ice, different from water.

I might just remove the domain requirements for gods. Without them would you still be motivated to take extra domains?

Secrets is fine. It is hidden knowledge. Deceit is false knowledge.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:44:21 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 18, 2009, 12:48:05 pm »

Three things.

1) I would like to claim dibs onThunder as my next domain.

2) What 3 actions could you do to gain the Emotions domain? I assumed people already had emotions and you can't put emotion in a book like you can with knowledge.

3) Stars is not a domain in my opinion. I think it falls under the Night domain.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 18, 2009, 01:04:10 pm »

1. I think you've already preformed the necessary actions. Go for it.

2. Get creative. You could make cupid's arrows, cupid, perhaps a potent magical fruit that drives you into a berserk frenzy, make the souls of those who died in sorrow come back as wraiths that drain the living of their happiness, the list goes on.

3. Maybe not, but when the stars are right Dread Cthulhu will rise, that sounds... Oh, wait. We'll probably get the abomination domain back. Nevermind.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 18, 2009, 07:55:46 pm »

There are plenty of actions to commit regarding certain domains.  If it weren't for the fact that I consider Politics to be a subset of another more significant Domain (which I am so going for), I would basically say that everything Turpis has done since starting the whole Genedin saga has been related to politics and aimed at shaping the world with regard to that.

Creativity is the meat and wine of this game and well worth engaging in.

Also, how do we feel about compiling a bit of a Travelogue of the locations within Nitomushul and related planes/worlds?  It'd be nice to have a reference on how different places look/are laid out etc.

Examples

Genedos is built under the site of the former Imperial Grounds of the Elven Empire, a largely desolate plain amongst the expansive Elven Forests bordering the Nezumi Swamps.  It possesses several concealed entrances and is comprised of a mazelike series of winding tunnels and catacombs leading to the stately city below, smoothed out from solid rock by a one-time boon of the distant Gor.  Genedos is the current site of The Halfway House.  It is ruled by Nezumi contenders for dominion of The Elven Empire, offspring of the so-proclaimed First Nezumi Emperor, Genedin.

Rhuax's Spite is so named for the act that created it; the evaporation of Nitomushul's oceans by the jealous God of Fire and subsequent replacement by seas of magma.  Although the latter act was countered by Velik Broj, the oceans remained unreplaced save for shallow flats in the cavernous depths as the remaining water of the world flowed to fill it.  The Spite largely consists of blackened flats of former ocean floor, ringed by beaches turned to black glass by the intense heat of the brief magma seas.

The Ruins of Ynoclia were once the site of the proud Ynoclian kingdom of humans, noted for their advanced architecture of the time.  Many fled to the protection of Titus' hidden world and so continued their civilisation there, but the events of Rhuax's Spite laid waste to the coastal kingdom as thousands burned from the magma seas and raining fire from Istamoshur's Scar.  Now only scattered bands of humans remain here, eking out a living amongst the blackened stones of the city.

Istamoshur's Scar is a massive scar in the heavens, a portal to the fiery realm of Istamoshur.  Once it provided light to the world by Rhuax's grace, yet during the time of Rhuax's Spite it turned dark and plunged the world into blackness, then bled fire and magma upon the world.  It was eventually sealed with a cap of cool obsidian by Rotarn and now stands as a jagged eyesore in the skies of Nitomushul.

Edit:  Fixed!  Titus, not Kryz!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:13:31 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 18, 2009, 08:11:24 pm »

Hey the Ynoclains fled to MY plane! I was their patron god!

and i claim ice next cycle.

Oh and i can give you a descripton of Ynoclia if you want.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 18, 2009, 08:15:34 pm »

Well, if there's enough support I'll start a new thread for it.  Though I would argue that current Ynoclia is a bit of fair game considering your evacuated all your followers from it.  But I would very much like to see a description of glory-days Ynoclia and of what the civilisation of the Ynoclians that fled to Titus' plane is like.

Also, with the whole 'Concepts becoming Open Source after 3 turns' thing, can we formalise that with an Inherit Concept free action to just inherit concepts that have been around for 3 turns or more?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:18:04 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 18, 2009, 08:51:00 pm »

The City
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The culture
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 18, 2009, 09:12:54 pm »

I want to claim Souls.

I have:

Created a populous to collect souls (the Valkryie)
Created a plane to house those souls (Asgard - Valhalla)
Created specific populous of souls that dwell in Valhalla (Einherjar)

I don't have a portfolio domain, but if I get permission I'll get one.

With me gaining this domain Wayocks and Veliks arrangment would not change. All that would change is Wayock being known as the god of souls, lets face it. Wayock collects souls, governs them, Velik destroys them.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:16:04 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 18, 2009, 10:12:33 pm »

I'm going to take Adventure and Exploration-related stuff once I have the AP.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 18, 2009, 11:38:21 pm »

I have literally nothing that I want to do. Someone, please join team evil. This "Everyone dogpile the most evil person" shit was stupid and boring in the other two games and is stupid and boring now.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37