Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation, OOC  (Read 24131 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation, OOC
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2009, 01:42:38 am »

Three sentences with little to no detail on the migration of three major races to another plane is not RP.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2009, 11:57:13 am »

fine ill edit..
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2009, 04:49:44 pm »

Hey now it's four sentences!

Not really.

In my opinion, two paragraphs at least for something this major.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2009, 05:26:15 pm »

Someone call the king in yellow, because Carcarosa is waiting for him.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2009, 10:38:06 pm »

Indeed.
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2009, 04:58:05 am »

Iituem, I'm about to make a proposal to Turpis, through Thurasa. His reply will decide whether or not Rotarn will smite him.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2009, 06:11:11 am »

That's a thoroughly daunting prospect.  Go ahead.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2009, 09:11:52 am »

I just thought of something. My god is from another set of realities entirely, as are his creatures. and all he creates. His creatures can probably watch the king in yellow as dinner theater, while the Necronomicon would probably be something like light reading to them. The flip-side of this is that Les Miserables would probably blind them, if not driving them stark raving mad and a textbook would probably be akin to a dark book of forbidden lore. Creatures entering other plains would warp the area around them to survive, and creatures from other dimensions would do the same while visiting mine.

Is this whole idea okay?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2009, 01:19:48 pm »

Because of my secret love for game balance, here is a list of all extant concepts in the world:

Spoiler: Concepts (click to show/hide)

Not all races know them, but these are all that currently exist.

I propose that from this point on, any concept which does not yet exist in the world must be created with the Create Concept action (and the creator gets to give it to one race or organisation freely).  Once created, any deity can then teach it to another race.

Although if the concept happens to be 'Solar Power' and Rhuax is watching, he might declare war on you for trying.  ;)

Edit:  Now with Sandcrafting!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:30:50 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2009, 10:24:03 pm »

You have solar power, if you make regular offerings to the Temple of the Almighy Rhuax.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2009, 01:40:26 am »

I'd also like to make an addition to that proposal, any concept covered by a gods domain does not need to be created in concept.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 21, 2009, 07:56:13 am »

But as a corollary to that, the concept can only be first taught by the god who has that domain (once it's out in the open, though, anyone can teach it).

So Wayock can freely teach war-related concepts as a 1pt action, but Garish would have to Create a war-related concept (unless it was also a machine-related concept).  But now that Wayock has taught Tactics to the Ger, anyone can take that knowledge and teach it to another race.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 21, 2009, 09:43:58 am »

A few notes on the story post:

I have used the term 'chaptergrounds' instead of 'chapterhouse'.  Since the Senon don't actually have any skill with masonry (or that many other skills, for that matter) I have assumed that the crusader sect essentially just lives in a series of fields and forests that they claim.  This actually goes for every single race except the Gor (who I assume live underground in grottos) and the Ynoclian humans (who actually get houses!).

This also implies that the Senon are largely without detailed culture on their own and Senon crusaders proably adopt and mimic the culture of the species they change into.  This is a rather terrifying implication, as this means that the Senon race is almost entirely geared towards the ruthless and unswerving proselytism of their moral viewpoint.

Also assumed that the Senon use whatever weapons are in the culture they are mimicking.  Swords have not been invented yet amongst the mortals, so assuming that Thurasa's was a direct gift from Rotarn.

Took a bit of liberty with the Senon lifestyle, but 'Crusader' implies the kind of regimented order and indoctrination described, as well as the violent suppression of all wrong-doing.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2009, 01:56:29 pm »

Sandcrafting has been tuaght to the mermen which allows them to make weapons and armor.Which they trade to the humans and crabtaur  in return for meat and grain and beer.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2009, 05:54:11 pm »

The only building that exists is the Unhallow.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 37