Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation, OOC  (Read 24120 times)

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation, OOC
« Reply #315 on: June 23, 2009, 05:31:51 am »

Iituem, please change that story post since I explained why it was wrong.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 23, 2009, 05:50:56 am »

Who said it was right?  God of deceit, yo.  But I'll edit to make the lies more coherent, yes.  That'll be up sometime later today.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2009, 06:09:33 am »

Do avatars and god-shes have AP that players can use?

Also, The Senon's natural language is the sort of complex you can only get from a species that can change their voice box etc. at will.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 23, 2009, 06:38:57 am »

No, that would be horrifically game-breaking.  We'd spend every turn spawning godlings to fund our massive power rampages.  Mechanically, Thurasa is neither help nor hindrance to you or me, but functions as a very handy roleplay tool.  Real actions have to come through you, and the six DR you have on me would be the real muscle behind all of Rotarn's implied threats.

I'll retool the post when I get some time, but would appreciate a response from Thurasa in the meanwhile.

Quote from: Archangel
Actually, Thurasa is currently the only Crusader in the world. The Senon haven't really settled yet.
The Senon have are free to travel, and know a lot about everyone else. They are intelligent, open minded, I can't be bothered with describing their outlook but it isn't as you made it.  (If you can't be bothered describing their outlook, how am I supposed to react to it?  I can't read your mind.)
They are free and don't like war but are will to fight if they have a good reason.
Think of the Senon as being true communists with a really good moral code. That isn't quite right but it's much closer than what you seem to think.

And my proposal can be summed up as continue with the sort of thing that you've been doing but with less destruction, killing etc. and join the Justice pantheon I am going to make the turn after next. Rotarn wants to see and speak with Turpis himself though.

EDIT: And Thurasa referred to Turpis as brother because, philosophically speaking, all adult Senon are siblings since they are the ones who were created by Rotarn and it hasn't been long enough for any of the children to have grown up.

So they're a strongly lawful-good or neutral-good aligned race, then, who are largely unsettled and blend into the world at large.  They take passive stances rather than fighting where possible, unless an outside agent or a matter of principle forces them into combat.  They share everything and treat each other well, living in small groups to make this achievable, but possibly resulting in a nigh-Buddhist lifestyle.  No Senon children have reached adulthood, which means Turpis didn't have a childhood (which seriously screws with his backstory, by the by) and was created as one of the First.  Very well, you created the race, you get to define their starting conditions.  That's the rules and I'll play by them.

That's sort of what I'm going on here.  It's also going to completely change the nature of the post you want me to rewrite, so you may have to tailor Thurasa's reaction to fit once I'm done.  Particularly given that your entire race started off as horribly innocent goody two-shoes characters, I'm going to have to get creative with how something like Turpis could possibly have arisen from that beginning and how Thurasa might have.  After all, people don't just get born evil (unless, admittedly, they have an evil racial alignment).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:48:37 am by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 23, 2009, 11:48:17 am »

Quote from: Emperor_Jonathan link=topic=32948.msg615141#msg615141 date=1245731666

....I also propose that we all try to get a paragraph of roleplay [u
minimum[/u] every two cycles. Not necessarily with each other...

((You know who you are.))

Hey i get tired . I got to work on a farm then do regular chores.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 24, 2009, 03:20:51 am »

As I just told Iituem in a PM, my creations are hard to define as good or bad or put in a box. If you want to do something involving the Senon you should probably ask me what they'd do first. And Thurasa made the sword herself after noticing a gap in weapon types.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 03:22:28 am by Archangel »
My full sig

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 24, 2009, 02:13:01 pm »

I'm thinking about changing the rules some.

I'd make a concept introduced through Teach Populous spread to all other civilizations after two cycles. Any god who doesn't want this knowledge wouldn't have to take it.

In addition a new action, Conceal Knowledge, would be introduced. It will cost 1AP and will prevent the spreading of a concept introduced through Teach Populous except to those the user chooses. (You can only conceal knowledge you've given to the populace.)

What do you think?
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 24, 2009, 03:18:39 pm »

From a gamer perspective, that's going to force a strategy change on my part, haha.

But from a balance perspective, it sounds like a fine plan.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 24, 2009, 09:14:29 pm »

So, who is up for being terrorized by legions of people with knifes for hands and storm-kin?

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 24, 2009, 11:10:06 pm »

Err, I just noticed this in one of CJ1145's posts:

"Now, then, sit, all of you, and I shall teach you the first tool you shall require in this task. You hold within you the power to bend reality itself to your will..."

Teach populace (magic): 0/3 AP remaining

He definitely isnt allowed to teach his population magic since Alether (me) is the only god of magic, and that I hold power over all magic, and the only way to access my magic is through the Codex which he does not have.

I'm going to PM him about this.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 25, 2009, 01:26:32 am »

Potentially, I'd say you might have to do some aggressive 'domain defense' a la Rhuax and every sun in the game thus far.  >.>

It costs 2AP to 'forbid' knowledge while it's still only taught to one race, right?  ;D

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 25, 2009, 01:31:36 am »

Smite them all dead. It's only 3PP.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 25, 2009, 01:49:20 am »

It's not that I can't fight for what I believe is my rightful domain. Its that is seems WRONG that he can do what he did, because its completely out of his domains, and I've locked all magic into my own plane, and I'm the only one who holds the Arcane domain. I want to know if he's even allowed to do what he did rules-wise.

If he IS allowed to, I'll fight for my domain in-game. And I'll definitely smite them all, not just forbid them the knowledge :P
<@Akroma> eh

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 25, 2009, 08:47:24 am »

I already sent you a PM, but I'll post it here as well.

My reasoning for teaching magic (besides not noticing that there was a god controlling it) was that every god has arcane abilities to some extent. Domains or otherwise, it seems strange to limit the knowledge that all gods possess, and prevent others from teaching it to mortals.

On a more secondary note, it was also vital for a side-story I'm doing with the Na'Rin, caste system war and all that.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 25, 2009, 10:00:01 am »

I PMed too, but a summary: Forgetting all in-game explanations, there's a simple reason I see what you did as unfair: If any god can teach their mortals magic, what use is the Arcane domain? (See PM for full argument)
<@Akroma> eh
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 37