Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation, OOC  (Read 24122 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation, OOC
« Reply #300 on: June 21, 2009, 06:57:22 pm »

And that whole Burning Palace thing.  Just saying.  Mortal constructions-wise, though, I've only seen the Ynoclian humans get taught any sort of proper building work.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 21, 2009, 09:34:46 pm »

Honestly, does that really matter? Surely Mortals can develop these things on their own out of necessity, I would prefer to not spend a couple turns teaching my race everything required to become 'civilised.'

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2009, 02:12:09 am »

A few notes on the story post:

I have used the term 'chaptergrounds' instead of 'chapterhouse'.  Since the Senon don't actually have any skill with masonry (or that many other skills, for that matter) I have assumed that the crusader sect essentially just lives in a series of fields and forests that they claim.  This actually goes for every single race except the Gor (who I assume live underground in grottos) and the Ynoclian humans (who actually get houses!).

This also implies that the Senon are largely without detailed culture on their own and Senon crusaders proabably adopt and mimic the culture of the species they change into.  This is a rather terrifying implication, as this means that the Senon race is almost entirely geared towards the ruthless and unswerving proselytism of their moral viewpoint.

Also assumed that the Senon use whatever weapons are in the culture they are mimicking.  Swords have not been invented yet amongst the mortals, so assuming that Thurasa's was a direct gift from Rotarn.

Took a bit of liberty with the Senon lifestyle, but 'Crusader' implies the kind of regimented order and indoctrination described, as well as the violent suppression of all wrong-doing.
Actually, Thurasa is currently the only Crusader in the world. The Senon haven't really settled yet.
The Senon have are free to travel, and know a lot about everyone else. They are intelligent, open minded, I can't be bothered with describing their outlook but it isn't as you made it.
They are free and don't like war but are will to fight if they have a good reason.
Think of the Senon as being true communists with a really good moral code. That isn't quite right but it's much closer than what you seem to think.

And my proposal can be summed up as continue with the sort of thing that you've been doing but with less destruction, killing etc. and join the Justice pantheon I am going to make the turn after next. Rotarn wants to see and speak with Trupis himself though.

EDIT: And Thurasa referred to Turpis as brother because, philosophically speaking, all adult Senon are siblings since they are the ones who were created by Rotarn and it hasn't been long enough for any of the children to have grown up.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:38:55 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2009, 02:32:52 am »

Justice pantheon?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 22, 2009, 02:50:47 am »

Who will join it when I get to it?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:04:03 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 22, 2009, 04:18:14 am »

Joriak is a god of law, so he will become part of it.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 22, 2009, 07:21:00 am »

Thiliazari believes in justice, though it is his own, twisted (not necessarily evil, just his own personal) twist on justice.

Also, a question: If one raises their Divine Rank, are the 3 new AP immediately available, or do you have to wait until next turn?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 22, 2009, 07:40:35 am »

Also, a question: If one raises their Divine Rank, are the 3 new AP immediately available, or do you have to wait until next turn?
If by '3AP' you mean another set of AP.

No.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2009, 07:45:06 am »

Ok, then I'm confused. It says a new 3-point action is available after doing that. Does that mean 3AP permanent increase, or a one-time action?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2009, 08:13:30 am »

It means that the action Raise Divine Rank (which is a 3-pt action) becomes available after so many divine actions are performed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 22, 2009, 08:42:34 am »

First off, Hi. I was in the first LoC for the last half, but left for the second because I feared the DnD rules. However some investigation has revealed they are not as scary as one might suppose. For this reason I have decided to read this LoC game... so I might join in a week or so!
Also,
Honestly, does that really matter? Surely Mortals can develop these things on their own out of necessity, I would prefer to not spend a couple turns teaching my race everything required to become 'civilised.'
Yes. Hell yes. In the Greek world, all Pre dark-age (Greek dark age) inventions and concepts were introduced by either a god or at least a hero. Man couldn't invent a thing without the god's help. Not a thing.
Of course, after the dark age people became genii or something, and could suddenly invent all sorts of stuff without godly intervention.
Long Live United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2009, 08:57:51 am »

We could always implement a 1pt "Trade Knowledge" action (a sort of Guide Populace subset) that forces two races to exchange Concepts.  Or make it a 2pt and have each race exchange 3 knowledge types so that it's a better bargain for them both.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 22, 2009, 11:34:26 pm »

Or.

For example, if I teach my Ger the art of forging weapons after 3 cycles it is common knowledge to the mortals.

EDIT:

I also propose that we all try to get a paragraph of roleplay minimum every two cycles. Not necessarily with each other.

((You know who you are.))

EDIT2: Ituem, since you're all deceit and stuff, could I PM you about some roleplay stuff I wanna do with you?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:38:09 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 23, 2009, 05:13:15 am »

Go for it.  I know I've already been.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 23, 2009, 05:25:50 am »

Thiliazari believes in justice, though it is his own, twisted (not necessarily evil, just his own personal) twist on justice.

Same with Joriak.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37