Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation, OOC  (Read 24198 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation, OOC
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2009, 02:26:10 pm »

Hmmm..... That doesn't sound too good for anyone.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2009, 05:12:16 pm »

is it legal that grek manupilated my people?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2009, 05:30:06 pm »

Pending Word of GM on this, I would imagine yes.  Unless the entire race are fanatics to your deity (to a man), it would seem reasonable that he can influence members of the population who you do not worship.

You can of course overcome the action by spending the same amount of AP+1 (for the sake of avoiding recursion, I'd say that would then bar that god from performing that action to that subject e'er again).
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2009, 09:30:07 pm »

Influence is fine, direct control isn't. Humans are open-source, though.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 16, 2009, 12:04:39 am »

No one notices that I have the most armies....
Give me 4 turns and I'll beat you.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 16, 2009, 01:24:59 am »

Aren't you on his side?
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 16, 2009, 02:27:21 am »

Aren't you on his side?
That depends.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 16, 2009, 02:30:59 am »

Good answer.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 16, 2009, 04:06:29 am »

No one notices that I have the most armies....

We notice, we just don't mind. All I care about is that there are lots of explosions.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2009, 04:09:22 am »

Finally! Conflict!

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2009, 04:25:22 am »

I was going to evolve physically, but in light of what is going on, I think I shall make my own plane. However, I don't know how to do that so will someone help me please?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2009, 04:42:30 am »

I would but, A. I have no ap left with which to help and B. I'm working on my own plane.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2009, 04:53:40 am »

I don't need any AP help, I need it to be explained to me.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2009, 05:55:17 am »

You need to decide the following things:

Name: Exactly what it says on the tin. Name of the plane.

Apperance: What it looks like. Is it empty? Full of rocks? Colorful? Dull?

Gravity: How much anf in what direction, if any. Your options are
-Normal Gravity. Exactly like our universe.
-Heavy Gravity. Like out universe, but more of it.
-Light Gravity. Like out universe, but less of it.
-No Gravity. Nothing has weight, stuff just floats.
-Objective Directional Gravity. Gravity doesn't point towards massive objects, it points towards or away from some specific direction, location or object. Istamoshor is an example of this, gravity points away from the center of the plane
-Subjective Directional Gravity. People decide which direction they fall. Every individual chooses a "down" and then they fall that way.

Time: How long is a second on your plane compared to a second on prime? Longer? Shorter? Random? No time passes per seconds on Prime?

Shape and Size: How big is it and in what direction.
Infinite: Like our universe.
Finite: Has walls at the edge of the universe
Self-Contained Shape: You go far enough in one direction, you wind up in another.
Random: There aren't directions, going a set distance in a direction will result in you reaching a random location.
Other: Just make up how directions work. Diminsonallity is very complex.

Morphic Traits: How do the physics work?
-Divinely Morphic. Things work how you say they do. You wave a hand and the plane is now made out of cotton candy.
-Alterable Morphic. Things are normal. Things move when you push them and stay still if nobody is pushing them. Objects tend not to burst into flame without a good reason.
-Highly Morphic. Like Divinely Morphic, but for everybody. Anyone can walk into you plane and declare it is now made of icecream.
-Magically Morphic. Like Divinely Morphic, but only to people with magic. You have to cast a spell to make the trees start dancing.
-Static. Nothing changes, even if it normally would. If you do manage to change something, it changes back when you stop watching it.
-Sentient. The plane has a mind of it's own and is Divinely morphic to itself.

Alignment: Planes can have Alignments just like people. If evil people walk into good territory, they feel ill. If they are really really evil and the plane is really really good, they burst into flames.

Magic: On some planes, certain kinds of magic work differently. For example, on the Elemental Plane of Water, it is very difficult to get fire magic to work.

Layers: It's sort of like having a second floor to your plane, except instead of stairs you have portals.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 16, 2009, 05:59:50 am »

TNME PMed me a link to a page. Here's what I decided on using that.
Subjective Directional Gravity
Normal Time
Infinite
Divinely Morphic
Minorly Positive-Dominant
Strongly Good-Aligned
Enhanced Magic
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37