Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation, OOC  (Read 24116 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation, OOC
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2009, 10:43:54 pm »

If I were to create something in the material plane that conforms to Joriak's natural laws, what would happen?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2009, 10:46:57 pm »

What?

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2009, 10:51:21 pm »

Joriak, my god makes things that work under very different natural laws, if he were to say, create a planet in the material plane, would it function under the normal laws of that plane or his?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2009, 10:56:05 pm »

It would work by the laws of the material world.
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2009, 01:00:53 pm »

We have to PM Psycho Jelly with any god we want to make via in game action, correct?

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2009, 03:11:15 pm »

You'd have to find someone who would freely take control of the player god. Really, all of you could be considered to be begotten of the GM. It's mainly for roleplay reasons, but it seems like it may just be an artifact from an older version of LoC.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2009, 03:14:49 pm »

I see. What is the NPC god limit for someone, anyway? I can't see it mentioned in the rules.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2009, 03:20:33 pm »

Gods can't be NPCs. God-ish can, and you can RP like it's a god of some sort, but beget player god brings players into the game. It's for RP.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2009, 03:22:23 pm »

Yeah I know that, but the beget god-ish action mentions an NPC god limit. Something you forgot to take out?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2009, 03:27:40 pm »

I've been interested in this game, so I don't mind playing as your Divine decendant Emperor.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2009, 03:34:16 pm »

I think you may have the wrong guy. This is the giant unfathomable being from an indescribably reality that is also a  benevolent force of law. He also really wants to impose his natural laws on the universe. These laws involve planets made of flesh, but also living metal beings, so it's not all bad.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2009, 04:00:45 pm »

I'm sorry your honour, I'm the disembodied spirit of a creature that will be. What I will be is entirely in your hands (metaphorically speaking).

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2009, 04:19:07 pm »

Well, there's the currently unnamed gigantic Bee/ant hybrid thing made of living metals that include : Copper, steel, bronze and gold. It some rather strange glass in it as well.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2009, 04:21:34 pm »

Would you care to elaborate, lord?

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2009, 04:30:02 pm »

it is basically a cross between an ant and a bee. Which is to say that it has a total of 12 legs, it's stinger is filled with acid strong enough to melt though a tank, it's mandibles are easily strong enough to cut a titan in half, it has wings that are somehow made of gold and glass that act rather strangely ( I. E. they work), it's made entirely out of various living metals, is massive and is a queen that is able to create drones (they're the ones that mate with the queen) out of itself, with great pain involved in the process and give natural birth to all the other castes and with an infinite (But there's not a lot in it, at the moment) realm to establish itself in.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37