Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37

Author Topic: Third Lords of Creation, OOC  (Read 24098 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Third Lords of Creation, OOC
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2009, 07:45:21 am »

Err, filiusenox, you do know that you need to do atleast 3 actions directly related to the moon domain BEFORE you can get it, right?
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2009, 07:46:36 am »

And a portfolio domain relating to the moon.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2009, 11:28:50 am »

I won't be here Monday, so AP will be autonomously restored. I'm goin' down to Mobile! I won't be here tommorow until next thursday, so who would like to GM in the meantime?

So I guess we all get AP or something.
<@Akroma> eh

Naze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2009, 12:01:15 pm »

Indeed. Garish Rising....Yaaay
Elf: Hmmm an ancient book...filled with spells?!
Fuma Amuisa, elf has been struck down.
Tzeentch doesn't like Elves, please don't teach your Elves to read.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2009, 03:55:46 pm »

This turn I was planing on putting a huge flying island infrount of Poltifar's meteor, and I don't know if that counts as create land or move land.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2009, 05:12:26 pm »

Depends. If you're creating new matter, I'd say create land. If you're uprooting a mountain or island and setting it in the sky, that would be move land.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2009, 08:08:26 pm »

Requesting Permission to gain the Earth Domain.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32691.msg543466#msg543466

Taught my Ger to mine, to extract Ores and Minerals from the Earth. Taught them to distinguish between the Ores and Minerals mined from the Earth. Then proceeded to spread that information throughout the mortals.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32691.msg474785#msg474785

Created Nitomushal, which is now seemingly going to be the site for the first battle between the gods.

Dunno if this counts or not,

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32691.msg537189#msg537189

Created a plane (so I could make it invisible) that was an invisible-from-the-outside rock orbiting around Nitomushal, connected to Nitomushal with an invisible-except-from-one-point bridge.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2009, 08:42:37 am »

When someone plans to send a mortal/wants to affect or search the crater I just created in any other way, tell me so that I prepare what has to be inside.
<@Akroma> eh

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2009, 05:45:44 pm »

Hey would planting and nututring a gaint tree be considered mold land or nourish popoluce/land? or  both?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2009, 12:20:36 am »

Pysco PM'd me saying I could have the Moon Domain.

I didn't request that, so I presume he meant the Earth Domain.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 13, 2009, 08:45:25 am »

Ok, new artifact:

Utility Artifact: The Codex of Arcana

A large tome made of what seems to be very old parchment bound in sturdy leather studded with white shining metal. On its cover is Alether's sign, the hand with a crystal in its palm and a 13-sided star surrounding it. The sign is made out of purplish slightly glowing ink.

The artifact holds the secrets of accessing and controlling the Eldritch powers locked in the Magic Realm. Only mortals can use this artifact, and gods trying to use it will find it impossible to open the book or read anything from it even if a mortal opens it for them.

To use Arcane magic, a mortal must intensively study the writtings in the book. It takes incredible intellect and perceverance to master even the tiniest powers, so only the best of the mortals can learn to control magic. Furthermore, the Codex must remain with the mortal who learns magic at all times if he does not want to lose his powers. If the Codex is stolen or otherwise taken from the mortal who knows the magic, his magical knowledge starts to fade after one week and completely dissappears after a length of time proportional to his magical prowess. Thus, an apprentice might lose all his knowledge in a week, while the greatest of wizards might hold on to a speck of power for up to a decade if not more. To regain power thus lost, the Codex must be retreived and studied for an amount of time equivalent to the ammount of time it took for the powers to fade.

Even though the Codex must remain with one individual for him to retain his powers, it is possible for others to learn to control magic at the same time, if the one that owns the Codex is willing to allow them to study in the Codex and maybe teach them too. (ie. a wizard would take apprentices). There is definitely a limit to how many may study the Codex at the same time, as all who want to learn magic must study in it for extended periods of time, and all who learn in this way must also 'visit' the Codex atleast once a week to not lose their powers.

Finally, learning magic extensively would take many millenia, but controlling magic does increase the natural life of the student, thus allowing him more time to master the Art. However, many apprentices are killed during the learning process, wether because of wars for the Codex or because of magical mishaps.

I'd say this artifact costs 3AP, since all it does is give access to mortals to Arcane magic which is my domain.
<@Akroma> eh

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2009, 12:35:02 am »

How does 2 PP sound for making a new layer on a Divinely morphic plane?

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2009, 01:49:33 am »

If it's divinely morphic, then it wouldn't require any AP.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2009, 12:47:39 am »

I'm trying to make the deep elves hardcore, since elves are generally regarded as nature-loving hippies, I'm making them animistic berserkers.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

The Willow Wisp

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably not a tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2009, 10:15:51 pm »

I'm just posting to apologize for not posting last cycle. I had computer troubles and got it back just in time to finish a project I had for school. Sorry if my not posting put a damper in someone's plan.
The reason for Time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 37