Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Additional raws files  (Read 629 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Additional raws files
« on: March 25, 2009, 03:52:15 pm »

As I understand it, you CAN create additional text files in the raws to help categorize your mods.

The questions:

Do the types of things have to be seperated by type? (It looks like it does, since it looks like they have to be set off by OBJECT:TYPE at the start of the file) (Example: having creatures and items in the same file.)
Verdict: I'm pretty sure this won't work but feel free to correct me.

I am assuming that adding new files requires a worldgen. That's fine.

Within item types: Do I have to keep seperate files for items/weapons/etc., or can I just create a file called KEFKAKRAZY_ITEMS or something and have it contain trap comps, new weapons, new clothing, etc?
(It looks like you may be able to, but I'm unsure).

It looks like things not contained within []brackets is utterly ignored, allowing one to insert comments easily. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The reasoning behind all this: I want to replace all the files I'm modding with their vanilla equivalents and simply have seperate files with everything I've changed (save bits like the cat-mouth tweak and changing bolts from piercing to bludgeoning or slashing or something).
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Additional raws files
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:12:46 pm »

Yes.

Yes.

Not sure.

Yes.

Just make sure you put the name of the file in lower case at the top.

EG:creature_annelids
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:07:35 pm »

3: I recommend separating the creature, armor, weapon, helm, whatever types into their own files, instead of one file. 
Easier that way in the end, more organized and can just find the file easy.  And I don't believe it would work otherwise, since at the beginning of the file, you have to put the designation type of the file's contents.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:15:46 pm »

If you add in new files you need to delete the data/objects folder, if I remember right.  The game will repopulate it then with all the new files.

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 09:12:46 pm »

I don't believe it would work otherwise, since at the beginning of the file, you have to put the designation type of the file's contents.

Yeah, but they all just say [OBJECT:ITEM] at the top. :-\
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 09:44:15 pm »

I don't believe it would work otherwise, since at the beginning of the file, you have to put the designation type of the file's contents.

Yeah, but they all just say [OBJECT:ITEM] at the top. :-\
So it does, suppose its, between creature, entity, and items then....  either way.. it is easier to mod when you organize the stuff... less scrolling too. 
(Personally separated all the civ creature/entities into their own files.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 01:45:49 am »

I'll test it later. I did find out the hard way that the FILE NAME has to start out with entity_ or reaction_ or whatever.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.