Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Space Adventure!  (Read 16989 times)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Space Adventure!
« on: March 25, 2009, 03:06:00 am »

Alright. New adventure based off of Peasant adventure, except that you start off as someone with a job, in some small tavern in some backwater world. With nothing but the clothes on your back, and a few credits.

Credits are the currency in SA -

10 Credits = 1 Gold Credit

10 Gold Credits = 1 Platinum Credit.

Each person starts with 20HP. Animals, enemies and supernatural creatures can have more or less than this. If you are injured, you regain 3 hp per day. It is possible to recover more, but that will come when we get to it. When you hit 0 hp exactly, you are unconscious and can be resuscitated by another player to bring you back to 1 hp. If you ever fall below 0 hp, you are dead, period. It is possible to bring dead characters back to life, but that won't be discussed here.

You can do ANYTHING you want, however, keep in mind that you're just a normal human, and you can't do supernatural or incredible things, you can only do things a normal person could do (For example, examine "thing", talk to "person", Go to "Place", etc) and only one at a time, so long as it's feasible. Please be specific when taking your action, I WILL NOT redo a turn because of bad wording.

Whenever a Player makes a choice or is in a situation where an inherent element of chance is involved, I will flip a coin to determine the outcome. Heads produces a favorable outcome, Tails produces and unfavorable outcome.

I will play all NPC's and all enemies.

The world you live in is one of science, religion does play a role but it's is significantly smaller than in the past, and even less than in the present. The gods are no less powerful than in PA or usch, you'll learn more about them as you play, but be warned, gods don't follow rules. Anything goes basically. You'll learn more about gods as you play, but be forewarned, gods don't have to follow rules, anything they say goes, period. So be careful not to piss them off.

Creativity is, by far, your greatest weapon. You can carry a maximum of 5 objects, not including your outfit. There are many items, hoard them, and use them creatively to complete your goals. All item uses have to be feasible though. You can hold more if you find a backpack or something like that. Unlike PA money is not considered an item, you can hold any amount of money without consuming any slot of space.

Be careful not to break the law, just because you're on a quest doesn't give you any right to steal or murder innocent citizens. If you are seen doing illegal things, and the authorities are made aware, they WILL try to apprehend you, where you will be expected to pay a fine, and if you cannot pay, you are sentenced to death on the spot, as is the law.

The technology will be fairly sci-fi, however weapons are still melee with the odd crossbow/bow and thrown weapons.

It will be possible to target certain body parts, a coin will be tossed to determine whether you hit it. Different body parts = different damage done.

Head: +3 damage
Chest: +1 damage
Arms/Legs: +0 damage, however, if you hit a certain body part it is possible to make the attacker drop their weapon. A coin will be tossed to determine whether it does.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A feature I'm adding to this is the players 'PDA', each player has a PDA that take up no space, it can be discarded however that is advised against. The PDA can send and receive messages, between characters and NPCs, if you know their PDA 'number'. NPCs may contact the players throughout the game. The PDA also holds all your credits, maps and so forth.

Players are not obligated to stay as a group. While travelling as a group is much safer (combat, pooled resources, etc), you're not forced to travel as a group and can travel in different directions and do different things if you like.

A turn ends when all players have decided what they want to do, or if a reasonable time frame (24 hours or something) pass.

I will do all the dice rolling in this game.

chaoticjosh made up all these rules, I edited and added a few, If you think the rules are missing anything vital, feel free to speak up.

Please stay in-character.

As a final note, I hold the right to change any rules if I see fit. Any and all rule-changes are NOT retroactive, so past actions are safe from my ruling.

I need a three player party! Very active players would be best! Lazy players that don't take their turn within a reasonable time-frame will get ignored, and if it continues, will be struck dead somehow.

Once we have three players, I'll start the story and give you everything you need to play. Anyone else that wants in will have to wait for any person in the original three to die, where I will then work you into the game somehow.

-------------
Game idea and most rules from http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=31493.0 thanks to Chaoticjosh! Anyway.

First three to post here gets a spot.

Waiting list:

Workerdrone
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 01:24:14 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Space Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:06:30 am »

I sign up.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:12:50 am »

Oooh, signin' UP! Since my peasant is about to die soon anyhow :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:16:54 am »

Dibsed.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 03:19:57 am »

Alright guys. I'll start first post soon! Note: Don't expect turns that are as quick or quicker than Peasant Adventure.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 03:38:46 am »

These three travelers, all brought to this single. Tavern. But for what? Is it just a coincidence?

The Bartender spoke up to these three fellows, the tavern was empty except for him, there was a television on the back wall, spouting some shit about buying crap products.

"Hey you three, I got a job you want it?"

The three had no money, they had been unemployed for months, they needed the money, the bartender waved them over to him, and spoke to them in whispers.

"I need this guy, his name is Karloy. I need him dead. I'm willing to pay 20 gold credits each. Half now, half when it's done. Sound like a deal?"

All three agreed, the money would have been welcome.

What do you do?

Status

Cheeeter:
20hp
Possessions:
Pouch: 10 Gold Credits, PDA.
Dirty, old clothes.

Siquo:
20hp
Possessions:
Dirty, old clothes

Pandar:
20hp
Possessions:
Dirty, old clothes

((OK GUYS, Red = Cheetar, Blue = Siqou, Orange = Pandarsenic.))

((Little bit of information - I originally tried to design guns into it. Also, We'll be using the, talking is a free action-moving between places within town is not a turn, rule.))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:42:00 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 03:42:22 am »

I ask the man if we could have some supplies for the trip. And also where the man lives.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 03:45:55 am »

"What? Me giving you supplies? Please, I barely keep myself afloat in this god forsaken hell hole. I gave you all the money I could. I live here, but don't worry about that, message me on your PDA, my number is XXXX-XXXX-XXXX ((yeah, just say talk to bartender or something and ill let you)), my name is Max by the way."

((Oh and I forgot to mention, this game will be have smaller quests than PA, but more, plus you can get a normal job ^_______^))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 03:47:36 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 03:49:13 am »

Do you know where Karloy was seen last?
I've played some mafia.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 03:51:36 am »

"All I know is that he was seen on Garok."

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 03:54:31 am »

Do we have maps?
I've played some mafia.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 03:55:52 am »

((PDA - Note - You will have a map of this current planet, and where planets are, but! You won't have maps to specific planets until you acquire them, don't worry I'll tell you when you can!))

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 04:10:52 am »

I look at my PDA map.
I've played some mafia.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 04:18:19 am »

"Can you tell us anything more about him? Is he a crack-commando? What does he like, does he hang out in bars or in churches, how old is he, what's he look like, et cetera?" I ask the bartender.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 05:20:04 am »

Siquo's Path

Max, the Bartender, chuckled, "Churches? He he he, I doubt you'll find any. Anyway. Karloy is a thief, I suspect you'll find him hiding in slums, in seedy bars and other places."

Cheeetars Path

What do you do?

((Oh, you can zoom out/in with your PDA map.))
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 05:35:02 am by Emperor_Jonathan »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24