Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why are cave crocodiles acting like megabeasts?  (Read 1019 times)

Raphite1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Beards and Brimstone
Why are cave crocodiles acting like megabeasts?
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:17:49 am »

I've been experimenting with creating a new civ to war against, using Rysith's Orc Mod as a template. Basically, all I've done so far is tweak some names and numbers and move creature and entity entries around some for the sake of organization.

When I generate a new world, everything seems to work as expected until I check Legends mode to see how the megabeasts fared. For some reason, the top of the list of historical figures which usually lists the megabeasts also lists cave crocodiles, and I can read about their historical adventures. When I check the cave crocodile creature entry, though, everything looks normal: no [MEGABEAST] tag is present. I haven't even opened the "creature_subterranean" file up until now.

Any ideas?

Arvidsem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why are cave crocodiles acting like megabeasts?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:03:45 am »

Check your raws carefully for mistakes and delete the files in data/objects, then try genning a new world.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:41:32 am »

especially for duplicate creatures.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 12:13:51 pm »

Occasionally, normal animals show up under the historical figures (there's a cougar and a giant eagle in mine.) I think it has to do with them having killed people.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 02:56:39 pm »

Check the errorlog(could easily get i by reloading DF and going to the create a new world screen, errorlog will show up if there is something wrong, then you could just exit)
If you modded the cave crocs, could tone em down. But yea, the legendary animals killed some sapians...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation