Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Shoruke's RTD - A turn done with Cinnamon Rolls!  (Read 41796 times)

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
Re: Shoruke's RTD - Strange Rocks
« Reply #405 on: May 04, 2009, 06:26:47 am »

I examine the stone to determine if it would give ne new abilities, also i train my axe skill
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 04, 2009, 09:07:48 am »

STOP THE ROLLS

I am here.

My charger blew a fuse and was stuck without a way to get to a computer.

Give me a minute to post an action.

I put out the fire that's on my sword, there's plenty of light sources
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:10:55 am by knightedskull »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 04, 2009, 09:24:52 am »

I try to merge my strange rock and my choppa, and continue into the cave.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 04, 2009, 04:56:43 pm »

Okay guys, starting this turn: A LOCATIONS LIST! Mostly for my own use, so that I don't have to actually re-read the previous turn to figure out where the hell you people are.

Luke_Prowler:
{} You try to practice with your sword, and- wait- you only have two hands, and you're already carrying a torch and a buckler. Hell with putting one of them DOWN or something, that would be just weird. Then you take your Strange Stone out of your backpack, putting your torch into the same hand you're carrying your buckler with (bucklers attach to your wrist more than your hand... right?) to do so, and examine the Strange Stone. {} It looks like a stone. You place it back in your backpack.

Muwahahaha:
You auto-camouflage, and walk into the cave, using your cat-vision to guide you. Once you catch up to the others, you take the Strange Stone out of your backpack and examine it. Despite your best, overpowered efforts, the only thing you can figure out about it is that it has magical properties. As good as you are at magic, this is new stuff. {} You figure out that it's a magic item like a scroll or a wand, and activate it. The Strange Stone speaks and says, "Zero." You set your INSAYN mind to puzzling out what the significance of zero is... you quickly realize that you simply don't have enough information to figure out what zero could be, or rather, what could be zero. You place the Strange Stone in your backpack again.

Inaluct:
{} You get excited about suddenly being in possesion of a Strange Stone, and look around for more of them to use as ammunition. You look around the room, searching every inch of floor you can see (and you can see most of the inches in this room, there's a lot of light), and get a couple bruises on your hands. The only thing you find or figure out is that there are weird glowing stalactites hanging from the roof, not that stalactites ever appear anywhere else. {} Now, how to pick up some glowing stalactite rocks? They're hanging on the roof! And you're already carrying way too much stuff anyway! You're stumped. Shrugging, you head through the {} left door. Your plastic golem, feeling slightly forgotten, follows you.*1 QP*

Digital Hellhound:
{} You try to charge Group Heal, but you bork it and conjure a fireball instead. At least you can use it as a light source. Speaking of which, Inaluct didn't have an active light source (his sword is sheathed), so you follow him. *2 QP*

Katsuun:
Linked as you are with your elemental (not through intertoobz-ness, it's because you summoned it), you order it to follow Inaluct and Digital. It does so. Then you examine your Strange Stone. {} You determine that, since your technological prowess isn't helping your figure this thing out at all, that it is a magical item and not a technological one.

Zasit Alebath:
{} You noticed how Muwahahaha was able to make his rock talk using magic, and you try. Your Strange Stone talks to you and says, "Zero Percent. But not for long." Huh? What? Zero percent of what? Whatever. You replace it in your backpack (of COURSE you'd already taken it out), and practice swinging your axe around a bit. {} After a couple swings, you realize that with a weapon like an axe, the best tactic is to try and overpower an opponent with sheer weight and force.

KnightedSkull:
{} You remove your plate mail, take your shirt off, and smother the fire on your weapon with your shirt. You put your clothes back on.

Errol:
{} You take out your Strange Rock. You look at the choppa. You look at the Strange Rock. You figure it would work quite nicely if you made a small hole in your choppa and placed the Strange Rock in it. It would also look pretty cool. But, impatient as you are, you don't bother trying right now. You head through the right door. *1 QP*

Situation: Inaluct, Digital Hellhound, and Katsuun's Light Elemental are in a low, large chamber; as they enter, they hear nearby skittering noises and an ear-splitting hiss of rage. Digital holds his fireball aloft, and KLE points (focusing the light from its body forward), and the three of you can see figures at the far end of the room; three antmen, but these ones are orange unlike the previous ones (which were brown), and they are carrying weapons. There is also another one, a really REALLY fat white one, the AntQueen. It sees you, and hisses again; it's quite loud, and the cavern's echoes aren't helping. As the four ants link up mentally, outside, Katsuun recognizes their presence.

Elsewhere, Errol stumbles into a huge chamber: slightly larger even than the main hall back at the castle. By the light of your Flaming Choppa, you can see scales (big ones), some pearly-white teeth (three feet long), and a closed eyelid. You breathe a sigh of relief. Sraxxakex is asleep. But he's also HUGE.

Luke_Prowler rolls to regenerate: 2: Nope.
Luke_Prowler rolls for no apparent reason: 2
Muwahahaha rolls, also for no apparent reason: 1
Muwahahaha rolls again for rounding: 2
Inaluct rolls, also for a reason I'm not telling you guys yet: 1
And then Inaluct rolls again for rounding: 5
Digital Hellhound rolls, partly because he feels like being part of the crowd, and partly for no apparent reason: 5
Digital Hellhound rolls for rounding: 1
Katsuun rolls around on the ground: 4
Zasit Alebath rolls just because: 2
KnightedSkull hops on the bandwagon and rolls: 4
Errol rolls for no apparent reason: 4

Spoiler: Luke_Prowler: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Muwahahaha: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inaluct: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zasit Alebath: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KnightedSkull: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations: (click to show/hide)

BY THE GODS that took forever. If I borked something up, tell me.

Oh and btw, I'm not telling you guys precisely what the ?? in your statuses mean, or precisely what the Strange Stones are telling you. But I will tell you that you can walk one area (i.e. from Cave Chamber 1 to Sraxxakex's Lair) as a free action, or you can move through a whole area as a turn action. And you can only 'T'ravel to the overworld if you're in a place that connects directly to it. So you can get from Cave Chamber 1 to anywhere else in RandomFunk, or even 'T'ravel (by using your 1 free move to get to the entrance and then 'T'ravelling).
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:00:42 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - OMYGOD BOSS MONSTERS
« Reply #409 on: May 04, 2009, 05:00:25 pm »

I give my plastic golem the flaming sword, and then I start shooting rocks at the ant queen.

Also, I rolled a 1? I bet I have radiation sickness or I'm going to get mind controlled or something. Damn.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 04, 2009, 06:40:51 pm »

[The random number god hates me T.T]

I attempt to read the worn out sign, then go into the ant room inorder to propose peace between the humans and the ant people.

Unless it's too late for that, then I throw my torch at one of the guards.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 05, 2009, 12:17:42 am »

I continue examining the stone, if it is a free turn then I will do it every turn. I compare my stone with the stones of all those near me and fly up to examine the stalactites.

After all of this I practice focusing my magical power into items by attempting to make my staff more powerful in combat (call it enchanting if you wish but it's more like changing the physical properties of the item).

Finally I move into Sraxxakex's lair, cautious to stay hidden and discrete.

I don't really give much of a damn about the enemies and therefore ignore them provided they don't try to harm me. I'm sure you other guys can kill them and if not then it means more reward for me.

Also, I take it that my allies can't see me by normal means, as in, they can't try and attack me for not helping them?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 12:20:32 am by muwahahaha »

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #412 on: May 05, 2009, 01:45:25 am »

I rush in the ant queen chamber and prepare for a fierce battle with the ant guards, if the peace offer
 fails.

Also, what kind of dragon is it? Is it imune or vulnerable to fire, ice or something...
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 05, 2009, 06:04:37 am »

I will attempt to mind-link into the dragons mind, hacking it as a biorganic CPU from a distance, while my light elemental will try to make peace with the ants, since the queen seemed freindly via the ant-puter.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 05, 2009, 06:11:17 am »

Peace is the answer, I already said hello to the AntQueen through the antputer, diplomacy.

I help Luke, unless it's too late. (Then I fight.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 05, 2009, 07:26:03 am »

Did I not extinguish the flames upon me choppa?

Action: I raise my strange stone in the air, and yell out, "I HAVE THE POWER!!"
*cue strange stone shining brightly followed by some badass transformation to me*

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 05, 2009, 08:08:58 am »

Action: I raise my strange stone in the air, and yell out, "I HAVE THE POWER!!"
*cue strange stone shining brightly followed by some horrific melting death to me*

Fix'd

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 05, 2009, 10:26:26 am »

I carefully, read: CAREFULLY sneak around the dragon. Who knows, there might be a hoard! After this is done, I urge the stone to speak silently to me.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 10:29:01 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 05, 2009, 11:47:04 am »

Regardless whether they are walking on 2 legs or 4, ants are ants and there is always more...

hmm... that rhymes lol

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 05, 2009, 04:01:39 pm »

Did I not extinguish the flames upon me choppa?

So you did. 1 exp!

Inaluct:
You hand your Flaming Sword, sheathe and all, to your plastic golem. You attempt to load one of your (ordinary) rocks into the PPP, {} but since you're carrying too much stuff you accidentally load the plastic-working knife! Oh well. You decide to shoot it anyway. {} The PPP misfires, and your knife is stuck. You won't be able to load anything else until you get it out or shoot it. While all this is going on, your plastic golem {}, having momentarily forgotten about your cool sword, throws a punch at AntQueen. {} {} {} The golem fails to hurt AntQueen.

Luke_Prowler:
You examine the sign thoroughly, holding up your torch for light. It reads,
"Left, Ants.
Right, Dragon."
Well that's useful. You proceed down the left passageway, and quickly come upon the ant's chamber. You attempt to propose peace between antmen and humans, but they don't listen. You try again at diplomacy, by hissing and clicking like the ants. Apparently that's a challenge. Diplomacy failure aside, you {} try to throw your torch at one of the antmen, but forget to let go and end up just swinging it emphatically. *2 QP*

Muwahahaha: (yes examining the Strange Stone is an infinite action, and doing so once a turn is quite smart of you)
{} You activate your Strange Stone again, and it says "Zero". Odd... you feel sure the number should have changed by now. Then you attempt to strengthen you staff; {} it is now a Weeping Staff. When used in melee combat, it will cause bleeding. (Sure. You can totally cause bleeding with a bludgeon weapon.) It's also weighted slightly. You sneak into Sraxxakex's lair, invisible and being as quiet as you can. Errol is already here, and Sraxxakex himself is sleeping soundly. *1 QP*

Zasit Alebath: (all you really know about the dragon is that it's big and it's blue)
You rush to the And Cave, and notice that the fight is about to start! Eager to get the first shot in, you {} jump clear over your teammates' heads (despite the low ceiling) and attack {} Antman3! {} {} {} You tear Antman3's sixth leg off! *6 QP*

Katsuun: (what did you want to DO to Sraxx?)
You try to use Computer Link on Sraxxakex; but you can't locate him, he's not within magical range. You can only detect the ants because they connect to each other wirelessly and are therefore giving out a signal for you to track. Not only is Sraxxakex not telepathically communicating right now, he's also asleep and not exactly broadcasting. Meanwhile, you light elemental {} decides against trying to actually participate in the combat.

Digital Hellhound:
You consider helping Luke in his valiant effort at torch-tossing, but he's waving it around kinda wildly... you sagely decide not to play with fire and risk getting burned, instead opting to throw your magical fireball at {} Antman2. {} But at the last moment, you stop yourself from throwing it; what would you do for light without your precious fireball?!

KnightedSkull:
You hold up the Strange Stone, yell "I HAVE THE POWER!" and {} activate the Strange Stone. It says, "Two." Your dreams of transforming into something severely badassed are crushed like lightbulbs thrown against a brick wall.

Errol:
You judiciously decide that, not only is discretion the better part of valour, it's also an easier way to loot Sraxxakex's lair! {} But you can't see any way around Sraxxakex's ginormous sleeping body, and touching him would probably wake him up, so you stay rooted to the spot.

AntQueen focuses, its already bruised face contorting with pain (it got bashed on the head when KnightedSkull hockey-styled his shield into the cave, then it got pissed off at having part of an ant being thrown at it; hence the infernal hissing).

Antman1 gets severely pissed at IPG for attacking its queen, and {} attacks! {} {} {} Antman1 scratches Inaluct's Plastic Golem's body!

Antman2 also gets ticked at IPG and {} attacks as well! {} {} {} IPG's left leg is mangled!

Antman3, feeling original, is mad at Zasit for tearing its leg off. {} It casts a poison spell! {} {} Due to REALLY good rolls on the ant's part, you are poisoned. You will seize up at the end of next turn and die the turn after that if you aren't saved.

Sraxxakex is Sleeping. And dreaming about cows. Tasty cows. Brown ones, cuz' they're chocolate.

Luke_Prowler rolls to recover: 5: Your hand is now perfectly fine again.
Inaluct's Plastic Golem doesn't roll to regenerate. Because it's plastic.
Zasit Alebath's and Luke_Prowler's torches use up 2 units of fuel (because I forgot them last turn).
Inaluct rolls and doesn't know why: 6
Luke_Prowler rolls for no apparent reason: 6
Muwahahaha rolls as well: 4
Zasit Alebath rolls: 6
Katsuun throws a die: 4
Digital Hellhound rolls because of ??: 6
KnightedSkull rolls a: 5
KnightedSkull rolls for rounding: 4
Errol rolls because I said so: 1
Errol rolls again, also because I said so and I'm mean like that: 4

Spoiler: Inaluct: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke_Prowler: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Muwahahaha: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zasit Alebath: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Digital Hellhound: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KnightedSkull: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations: (click to show/hide)

Ugh. The locations list isn't nearly as helpful as I wanted it to be. So I'm getting rid of all the places where there's nothing of current interest. If I froaked something up say so.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 06:08:41 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40