Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40

Author Topic: Shoruke's RTD - A turn done with Cinnamon Rolls!  (Read 41815 times)

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - "Dangerous Enemies" aren't dangerous enough.
« Reply #240 on: April 20, 2009, 06:11:59 am »

That's... oddly brave of you, Katsuun. Now what the hell is a technological singularity?

*buggers off to wikipedia for 2 minutes*

Yeah if you get a decent roll on this, you'll be as smart as Muwahahaha, or maybe even smarter. If you get a 1 or a 3, I can't guarantee you'll live :-\

Thing is though, he's got a relatively low chance of succeeding in comparison to me. On top of that, if he DOES succeed (IF), I can just mutate him back to a regular guy the next turn with 100% certainty. That is, unless he decides to make some particlarly generous donations to my evil plans for domination uhhh... charitable organisation.

Well, assuming that this does work, since a technological singularity is, well a singularity in the workings of innovation, meaning that it no longer follows the standard laws (which is why it would give me infinite creative ability), I don't think you could mutate me back, since its not a physical change, but a change of the way my "persona" operates. But again, its Shoruke's call.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 20, 2009, 07:12:50 am »

Instead of fighting for the bits of armor let me keep the leggings and boots if i let you have all the rest of the dragonhide stuff, but I'm keeping my hat!

Anyway what I'm planning with the armor would greatly benefit from all of it, you can keep the cap if you like, I'll reserve my head slot for something cooler, like a beer hat.

If the armor survives what I'm planning you can have the lot, I probably won't need it afterwards anyway ;).

Oh alright, you can have the dragonhide stuff (except my hat) but I would like the boots to go with my hat eventually.

BTW if I can't make it next turn or something and if I'm safe from danger, I would like to know more about my wonderful hat(like maybe it's material, any bonuses , or more details about and such, might even find something in the hat like a note or whatever).

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 20, 2009, 07:43:08 am »

I pick up the troll's boots and kill the remaining orcs.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 20, 2009, 07:59:36 am »

Waits till they kill each other and then finish off the wounded victor holding the boots...(not an actual action)

Oh what the hell, I revert back to my first action only change is instead I grab for the boots and leave the other stuff to the others (NOT MY HAT)

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 20, 2009, 08:10:39 am »

Huh? Let me see if I can get what's going on now:

Knighted has the troll's cap, and is attempting to go for the boots.

Digital is attempting to get the boots as well.

I am trying to take the boots, gauntlets, leggings and probably the body armor.

Meanwhile Katsuun is doing something which is probably important, potentially game breaking (ironic from me, I know) and ultimately confusing.

During this time Zasit and Luke_Prowler are killing the orcs which are still alive and quite probably capable of killing us you guys.

Oh, and Inaluct is trying to make a plastic rocket launcher.

Man, this game's weird.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 20, 2009, 08:16:21 am »

Well I really needed matching boots, but you claimed to have a cause, but now digital is going for them to have maybe forever so now I have to get them. 

Unless another troll strolls along the way with the same matching equipment.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 20, 2009, 10:16:08 am »

I teleport me directly in front of the troll and take the left dragonhide boot. I then teleport me behind Orc1 and murderify him.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #247 on: April 20, 2009, 11:11:14 am »

Just to ask, does this troll have
any pig tail socks? ;)
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 20, 2009, 02:23:53 pm »

Huh? Let me see if I can get what's going on now:

Knighted has the troll's cap, and is attempting to go for the boots.

Digital is attempting to get the boots as well.

I am trying to take the boots, gauntlets, leggings and probably the body armor.

Meanwhile Katsuun is doing something which is probably important, potentially game breaking (ironic from me, I know) and ultimately confusing.

During this time Zasit and Luke_Prowler are killing the orcs which are still alive and quite probably capable of killing us you guys.

Oh, and Inaluct is trying to make a plastic rocket launcher.

Man, this game's weird.

Just wait until you see what I'm going to try and do if my attempts to turn myself into a technological singularity work... (Hint:Theres more than one type of singularity)
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 20, 2009, 04:42:01 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me if you turned yourself into a blackhole, but I seriously doubt that Shoruke would allow that. Still, can't hurt to try.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2009, 05:05:58 pm »

Oh my god you guys. This turn is going to be hard to make. Also, as of now, item-snatching is a possible action. Here's how it works...

There are two people: A grabber, and an owner. Their roles should be obvious.
-I roll 2d6; the first represents the grabber, second represents owner
-the success of the action is the grabber's roll minus the defender's roll, with wrestling being the skill modifier
-other modifiers (i.e. pain, stunned) are used as well

So if SomeIdiot tries to take my ☼Hat of Uberness☼ from me, and the rolls are 5 and 3, I'm a competent wrestler and I'm in pain for whatever reason, then the calculation is

5 (roll) -3 (Shoruke's Roll) +1 (Shoruke's pain) -1 (Shoruke's skill) =2

Which is a failure. Obviously this has immense potential to get 0's, unless you are a legendary wrestler or something.

One last thing before the actual turn. When changing your actions, it's actually nicer (to me) if you edit your post. The less times your name is repeated in the list of replies, the easier it is for me to track what action you want to go with.

And now... ROLLS!

KnightedSkull:
You look at the troll's boots, and greedily decide you want them. They would match your hat quite nicely, AND they repel magic. {} You take the boots and put them on. Just for the hell of it, you strike a pose. Stylin'. Then you look at Orc3, and wink at him. Not a friendly wink like at a club or between friends who share a secret, but more like a murderous wink that you would give someone in pitched battle to indicate your inclination to kill them next. {} You run at the orc. {} {} {} You swing at the orc's left leg (it's good one), and tear it off, taking a chunk of the orc's body with it! The orc falls over, which is understandable since it now has only one (mangled) leg.

Muwahahaha:
Your superpowered brain recognizes that, at some point in your future, someone might just wish to do you harm through less-than-direct means, and you decide to try and prevent it. {} Your body no longer accepts stimuli that would be detrimental to your health! Bright flashes, loud noises, and skittering motions (like those of snakes or spiders, which is the scary part) are no longer part of the universe as you perceive it. You see white light as the colours that compose it, you hear screeching loud noises as C above high C, and the skittering motions of commonly-feared animals now just look like a small creature trying to get around.

And THEN! You swoop down, and {} take the troll's leggings, {} as well as his gauntlets, and then {} grapple with KnightSkull over his boots. A sheriff appears, seemingly from nowhere. He must have teleported. He smacks you across the face and, despite your adamantine skin, your face is harmed. "NO STEALING!" He bellows at you, and then he's gone again. Miffed, you fly upwards.

Inaluct:
{} You rest your foot on the plastic block, and kickflip it upwards and catch it. You get a flash of inspiration, and wish to turn your plastic block into a weapon! {} But you don't know how, and you are sad. Your beleaguered mind decides that you might have a chance of crafting this thing into something else if you had tools or a workshop or something, and with this hopeful thought in mind, you resist crying.

Luke_Prowler:
{} You look at Orc2, and you can't bring yourself to attack a creature that looks that pathetic. Then you go over to Orc5's corpse, and {} take the orc's arrows.

Katsuun: (I'd have drunk the potion of Mageplus for this, myself, but it's your choice and you turned out okay)
You theorize about the concept of a technological singularity. Having taken Calculus, and therefore understanding the concept of a limit, you realize that you won't ever become infinitely smart; but by god you're gonna try to get close! {} You didn't make it to the point of technological or even intellectual singularity, but you started down the path that would lead to it. You are exponentially smarter and tech-savvy.

Zasit Alebath: (yes it does have pig tail socks. As do you.)
{} You rush past orc2, then swing around and try to cut him in the back! {} {} Your technique prevented the orc from using its choppa to block you, but you still missed.

Digital Hellhound:
You try and take the (really cool-looking) dragonhide boots from KnightedSkull! {} You scream, "GIVE ME THOSE BOOTS!" and he can't help but notice you. He turns around to grapple with you. After tussling harmlessly for a moment, the sheriff teleports next to you. "What the FUCK did I just say?!? NO STEALING!" He cuffs you one. POW! Right in the kisser. Your face is now harmed, and quite raw. You turn away from KnightedSkull and try to redeem yourself in the eyes of the law by roasting Orc2. {} You try to use a fireball spell, but with your embarrassment from the sheriff, you mix your elements up. You shoot some REALLY cold air at the orc, which wouldn't really hurt it much, but would more likely encase it in ice. {} {} The wave of cold air flies straight towards the orc's left arm, but it simply turns aside and the blast misses.

Errol:
{} You teleport next to the troll. The teleportation flux causes a small rift in time, and the troll is wearing its boot! {} You take the boot, and put it on to replace the shoe you gave away so long ago. Then you teleport again, {} landing right next to orc1. {} "HOLY crap!" You are definitely not used to suddenly having enemies right next to you after you teleport, and you backstep away.

Orc1 attempts to murderfy Errol: 5. {} {} Errol's boot has pretty good grip, and he backsteps out of the way just fine.

Orc2 tries to attack Zasit: 1 -1 (pain) =0: But the pain of its leg causes it to pass out.

Orc3 Can't really do a whole helluva lot. It would have tried kill KnightedSkull, but it's hard to move around without legs. Not nearly well enough to chase down a healthy person, especially when their boots are just that stylin'.

Katsuun's Water Elemental (GM control):
It tries to attack Orc1. {} But it is distracted by its master undergoing a mental transformation, and forgets about the orc while it watches.

Inaluct's Plastic Golem (GM control):
It notices KWE going off to attack orc1, and agrees that that's a pretty good idea since it's an enemy who's still mint condition. {} Now where the hell IS that orc, anyway? (It's behind a pillar relative to IPG)

Muwahahaha rolls to regenerate: 6 +1 (vascular system) =7: Your face is now perfectly fine again.
Katsuun rolls to regenerate: 4: Nope. Nose is still bruised.
Zasit Alebath rolls to regenerate: 2: Still bruised.
Digital Hellhound rolls to regenerate: 2: still harmed.
Orc2 rolls to regenerate: 3: torso is still harmed.
Orc3 rolls to regenerate (torso): 3: torso is likewise, still harmed.
Orc3 rolls to regenerate (right leg): 1: Its leg falls off!

NPCs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KnightedSkull:

Muwahahaha:

Inaluct:

Inaluct's Plastic Golem:

Luke_Prowler:

Katsuun:

Katsuun's Water Elemental:

Zasit Alebath:

Digital Hellhound:

Errol:

Any mistakes? Logic errors? By all means, say so.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 04:03:03 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - There'll be more dragonhide soon. I Promise.
« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2009, 05:47:11 pm »

"Thanks sheriff" I say while I go kill Orc1. And if he dies I motion to orc 2 that he is next.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2009, 06:29:50 pm »

[Wouldn't I have used the bonus from my pickuper skill when i was trying to pick up the knife?

I think my sword is cursed]

I pick up some of the metal equipment that the orks drop, then I attack Ork1 with my sword. unless it's already dead then i attack Ork 3

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2009, 06:33:14 pm »

If i can't make it next the turn after this one, have me protect someone or practice striking faster with me choppa

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2009, 06:38:22 pm »

Wouldn't I have used the bonus from my pickuper skill when i was trying to pick up the knife?

Yes; yes you would. I'll just go change that... and you can have a free exp point.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40