Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40

Author Topic: Shoruke's RTD - A turn done with Cinnamon Rolls!  (Read 41828 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - "Dangerous Enemies" aren't dangerous enough.
« Reply #225 on: April 19, 2009, 11:02:52 am »

Not all stunning involve the mind. Some stun the body.

not to mention that messing with your brain is a good way of killing yourself

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 19, 2009, 01:31:07 pm »

Katsuun:
You order your Water Elemental to shoot water at orc5, {} and the short little thing shoots a LOT of high-pressure water! It might need to refill sometime soon. Just as it fires, you focus your magic to cast wave of cold at the water, {} but you mess up your elements and electrocute the water instead! {} {} {} The flying jet of electrimafyd water strikes the Orc5 in the left arm! It is cut off, taking a small chunk of the orc's torso with it! The orc is slammed against the wall, and is drenched in electric water!

Luke_Prowler:
You take out one of your throwing knives, and {} toss it at the (now VERY vulnerable) Orc5. {} {} {} The flying knife strikes the Orc5 in the right arm! It is mangled! The orc drops it's bow. You decide to search for incendiaries. {} You look around the room; besides your teammates and emaciated orcs, the only things in the room are some tapestries and some antique suits of armor lining the walls. You look inside one of the suits of armor and find {} A scroll. {} You take the scroll and put it in your backpack.

Inaluct:
You try to clamber on top of the cave troll's head to kill it Shadow of the Colossus style, {} but it's too big and not hairy enough. You advise your plastic golem to continue on its rampage. {} The plastic golem, despite that it lacks a mouth, sentience, AND knowledge of the english language, rears back and yells "RAAAYGE!" and rushes the staggering cave troll. {} {} {} The raging plastic golem punches the cave troll in the leg. The cave troll's leggings cushion the blow, but the bones are still broken. The cave troll falls to its knees.

KnightedSkull:
You grip your choppa, intent on finishing off the cave troll. {} You rush the cave troll like a Scandinavian Berserker, except that you haven't gouged out your eyes so you can still see where you're going. You swing your choppa at the cave troll! {} {} {} You slash the cave troll's already broken head! You cleave it wide open! The cave troll is dead. {} You take the cave troll's dragonhide cap and put it on, reminiscing that it didn't seem to do the troll a whole helluva lot of good. Still... it's a pretty damn cool hat.

Digital Hellhound:
You look at the dead cave troll, and decide it would be easier to get it's armor off and loot it if the troll's corpse was smaller. {} You shrink the troll's corpse to the size of a baby! A very, VERY ugly baby. Your overzealous spell caught it's armor a bit as well, and the armor is now human-size as opposed to troll size. Including KnightedSkull's cap.

Zasit Alebath:
You can't help but notice that not only is the cave troll no longer a threat, not only is it dead, but it is also baby-size. So you pick another target to berserk on: Orc2! {} The orc2 is still a little disoriented from being shunted against a wall by water pressure, and is having trouble standing with only one leg, but it's still currently the biggest threat (besides orc1 but Errol's got him). {} {} {} You strike the Orc2's torso; you didn't pierce the armor, but you shook it up quite a bit, and the reverberations can't be good for it.

Errol:
You are going to KILL this orc! {} Then you notice that it's having the same thoughts about you, and you squeak like a little girl and forget to ready your weapon. You try to teleport away! {} But, scared as you are, you mess the spell up and cast a different mobility spell. Your feet feel weird; you run at the nearest stone pillar, place your feet on it, and run upwards. Standing horizontally, you look back down at the orc1. You stick your tongue out at it.  :P

Muwahahaha:
You are paranoid, and decide that you should mutate your brain so that none of your teammates can surprise you. {} Suddenly your brain's computational power is IMMENSE! You can now process approximately 3GB of data per second. With this much spare thought power, you are able to think about stimuli thoroughly before your body has a chance to use its reflexes. (The getting rid of fear/nausea is more of a body mutation that a brain one, and you'll have to do it some other turn. I have a hunch that's what you're doing next turn).

Orc1 tries to murderfy Errol for taunting it! {} But Errol is fifteen feet up a stone pillar, so it can't reach.

Orc2 tries to murderfy Zasit for attacking it. {} The orc pushes off the wall with one hand, lunging at Zasit with his choppa in the other! It's momentum negates the need to use two hands to wield its polearm. {} {} {} The Orc2 bruises Zasit's arm with the wooden hilt of it's choppa, and then falls on its face because it only has one leg.

Orc3, fighting the electricity in its system, tries to murderfy {} KnightedSkull. {} It hops, one-footed, across the room and over to KnightedSkull, jerking spasmodically as electricity rushes through it. {} {} But the Orc3 falls over just short of KnightedSkull.

Katsuun rolls to regenerate: 5: His nose is now merely bruised.
Zasit Alebath rolls to regenerate: 4: Nope.
Errol rolls to regenerate: 3: Nope.
Orc2 rolls to regenerate: 6: It's torso is now only bruised.
Orc3 rolls to regenerate: 2: Still mangled.

NPCs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Katsuun:

Katsuun's Water Elemental:

Luke_Prowler:

Inaluct:

Inaluct's Plastic Golem:

KnightedSkull:

Digital Hellhound:

Zasit Alebath: (OMG a competent meleer!)

Errol:

Muwahahaha:

Whewf. It is SO MUCH EASIER to keep track of stuff when I have a NPC statuses page. As always, you guys should put some effort into tracking down stuff I might have missed so you get free experience.

Seriously. You should.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 19, 2009, 03:25:49 pm »

You slash the cave troll's already broken head! You cleave it wide open! The cave troll is dead. {} You take the cave troll's dragonhide cap and put it on, reminiscing that it didn't seem to do the troll a whole helluva lot of good. Still... it's a pretty damn cool hat.

So now he has a cleft hat.

... I am suspecting this is like that trick with the knife and the potato and the playing card. Where  the knife cuts through the potato with the card between it, yet the card escapes unharmed.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 19, 2009, 03:52:21 pm »

lol man I'm kicking ass. I'll take the trolls dragonhide leggings, gauntlets, and boots if it had any. Afterwards I shall recognize orc3s will to fight and give him a quick death to escape his suffering.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2009, 04:03:14 pm »

It has all these things. And a dragonhide leather body armor, if you want it.

As for the hat, I imagined the cave troll's head being cleft horizontally, so as to leave the hat intact.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 19, 2009, 06:20:31 pm »

(The getting rid of fear/nausea is more of a body mutation that a brain one, and you'll have to do it some other turn. I have a hunch that's what you're doing next turn).

I'd like to know how fear is related to the body over the mind, but okay.

Yes, I mutate my body to be immune to fear, nausea and stunning.

I also try to take the leggings, gauntlets and boots, if knightedskull picks them up first i try to take them off him (if I'm allowed to). If I can wear the body armor as well as my robe then I will take that as well, if not, then I won't bother.

I then fly back up to the ceiling, because I'm paranoid.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 19, 2009, 06:51:17 pm »

I grab my plastic block and mold it into a rocket launcher.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 19, 2009, 07:23:57 pm »

I stab Ork2 with my sword. I also pick up that knife I threw.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 19, 2009, 07:42:34 pm »

Realizing that Muwahaha is getting far too powerful for his own good, I use my reality bending ability to turn myself into a TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY as I laugh manically. Just in case.

I'd assume the benefit of a technological singularity, assuming I did it right, would be the ability to envision, process, and create things infinitely fast. If I did it wrong, something awesome would happen like me suffering spontaneous nonexistence. But its your call.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2009, 07:56:38 pm »

Realizing that Muwahahaha is getting far too powerful for his own good, I use my reality bending ability to turn myself into a TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY as I laugh manically. Just in case.

I'd assume the benefit of a technological singularity, assuming I did it right, would be the ability to envision, process, and create things infinitely fast. If I did it wrong, something awesome would happen like me suffering spontaneous nonexistence. But its your call.

I can imagine what would happen if you got a 1 with this, also, being a technological singularity could be a bad thing, since you would, you know, essentially not be alive anymore and all.

Katsuun

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loli_Weaboo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 19, 2009, 08:05:54 pm »

Realizing that Muwahahaha is getting far too powerful for his own good, I use my reality bending ability to turn myself into a TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY as I laugh manically. Just in case.

I can imagine what would happen if you got a 1 with this, also, being a technological singularity could be a bad thing, since you would, you know, essentially not be alive anymore and all.

Yes. Yes it would be. Still, I dont care.
how would a Fortress based curse work?

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

Sans context.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 19, 2009, 09:06:52 pm »

That's... oddly brave of you, Katsuun. Now what the hell is a technological singularity?

*buggers off to wikipedia for 2 minutes*

Yeah if you get a decent roll on this, you'll be as smart as Muwahahaha, or maybe even smarter. If you get a 1 or a 3, I can't guarantee you'll live :-\

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 19, 2009, 10:04:49 pm »

Instead of fighting for the bits of armor let me keep the leggings and boots if i let you have all the rest of the dragonhide stuff, but I'm keeping my hat!

Zasit Alebath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://jedvagenij.blog.hr
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2009, 12:36:57 am »

I will finish off any orc still alive
I deny that I exist, or have ever existed, for any legal purposes, particularly lawsuit.)
'b' is different than 'x' and a Bed doesn't hold back magma as well as a Floodgate no matter how fast you type.

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2009, 12:54:42 am »

That's... oddly brave of you, Katsuun. Now what the hell is a technological singularity?

*buggers off to wikipedia for 2 minutes*

Yeah if you get a decent roll on this, you'll be as smart as Muwahahaha, or maybe even smarter. If you get a 1 or a 3, I can't guarantee you'll live :-\

Thing is though, he's got a relatively low chance of succeeding in comparison to me. On top of that, if he DOES succeed (IF), I can just mutate him back to a regular guy the next turn with 100% certainty. That is, unless he decides to make some particlarly generous donations to my evil plans for domination uhhh... charitable organisation.

Instead of fighting for the bits of armor let me keep the leggings and boots if i let you have all the rest of the dragonhide stuff, but I'm keeping my hat!

Or, I could get all of it and kill you for getting in the way, but I won't do that. Then again.. it's always a possibility.

Anyway what I'm planning with the armor would greatly benefit from all of it, you can keep the cap if you like, I'll reserve my head slot for something cooler, like a beer hat.

If the armor survives what I'm planning you can have the lot, I probably won't need it afterwards anyway ;).
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40