Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40

Author Topic: Shoruke's RTD - A turn done with Cinnamon Rolls!  (Read 41717 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - Under temporary management.
« Reply #555 on: June 09, 2009, 04:22:11 pm »

Shoruke has so much homework suddenly, he is going slightly insane and is referring to himself in third person. Finding enough time to do a turn sometime in the next 11 days of his life will be like trying to find ice on the sun.

It's not likely.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - Under temporary management.
« Reply #556 on: June 18, 2009, 05:57:57 pm »

So my last final is tomorrow, and there's a good chance that I'll be able to get an update in (probably after some SSBB-intensive partying though). So, everyone who's still in... I dunno... wait until tomorrow I guess  :-\ but yeah point is, I'm back.

And Webadict, you're fired.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - Coming back to life!
« Reply #557 on: June 19, 2009, 02:03:55 am »

Welcome back, Shoruke. Hope the finals went well.

Webadict, shall I be a suppport group?
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - Coming back to life!
« Reply #558 on: June 19, 2009, 02:51:35 pm »

Gah. There's been to many posts since the last turn (no thanks to Webadict), and I can't see the last turn in the 'topic summary' thing. So I'm going to have to get creative to pull this turn off.

This could take a couple of hours.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - Death, ChAoS, and EVFtN-D
« Reply #559 on: June 19, 2009, 05:51:23 pm »

My apologies, everyone, for taking so long. Digital Hellhound and KnightedSkull get 1exp each for their turn fixes.

Muwahahaha:
You alight on the ground, vanish-ify your wings, and walk into the castle. You retrace the {reverse walking sequence}, and find yourself back in that storeroom with the really handy crates again. Ah. Fond memories. You take {} One of the crates. You decide that carrying a crate around while carrying your staff is going to be pretty awkward, so you put your staff into your backpack (by making use of the fact that in DnD-style games, encumberance is counted solely by weight, not volume). You hoist up the crate, and as you begin the {walking sequence} again, you look inside it. It contains {} some of those worm-things that you stuff in a tube and they pop out when the tube is opened. Surprise! You bring the now-empty box with you.

Once in the main chamber again, you begin climbing that spiral staircase. You eventually reach the top, and after a short hallway (and some VERY nice oak doors), you enter the church. There's nobody here, but here is a very shiny sword, complete with scabbard, lying on the altar. "Mine."

Luke_Prowler:
You run to the castle. The whole way.

Vlynndar:
You follow Luke to the castle, flailing your arms the whole way and running like an gibbled person. {} The extra flailing helped a little bit with the whole 'putting out the flames' thing.

Katsuun:
You run after Vlynndar and Luke, wondering why the hell Vlynndar is running like he's retarded or something. You hand your healing potions to your Digital Familiar. {} {} It manges to digitize 2 of the three potions, and hands the third one back to you. You store it in your backpack. Naturally, all of this happened while running like hell.

Errol:
You take off running after the others, while pondering how to reverse the effects ChAoS is having on reality, specifically your arms. {} Suddenly a fairy appears next to you and says, "Well you could just ASK you know. The hard part is asking the right person." And then poof she's gone.

KnightedSkull:
You flee after the increasingly large group of running people. When you arrive at the castle, you suddenly scream "ohmigodzI'monfire" and stop! After coming to a full and complete halt, you throw yourself on the ground and roll around, hoping like hell that it will actually help with putting out the flames.

Zasit Alebath:
You kneel on the ground, and shout to the heavens (or the skies, at any rate) "Oh lord (s)! I, a lowly mortal turn to you in my time of need! Please, oh god (s), bless my weapon that I may-" Then you are cut off from a hand protruding from one of the clouds. The voice accompanying it says "Dude seriously we have ALTERS for that kind of thing. Seriously." You blink a couple times, stand back up, and start sprinting after everyone else.

Inaluct: (GM control)
Your friends have left you, and you are the only one now able to deal with the many-legged menace (s)! So you stand and fight! You drop your boomerang, load one of your normal rocks into the PPP, and {} fire at {} Antman4. {} {} {} You mangle Antman4's second leg!

Antman1 {} attacks Inaluct! {} {} But its feeble punch misses.

Antman2 {} also attacks Inaluct! {} {} {} The whacks Inaluct in the face with the wooden shaft (oh dear that didn't sound quite right) of his polearm, harming him.

Antman4 takes a leaf out of Antman2's book and {} tears out another piece of fake ‼grass‼. Unfortunately for the antman, that piece of grass had the clothes dryer under it, and antman4 falls in and vanishes to the Nether Realm of Socks.

Digital Hellhound's zombie {} also attacks Inaluct! {} {} {} The zombie shows surprising strength, and crushes Inaluct's already partially-scorched left leg! It is torn off!

(I suppose I have to do the fire rolls now don't I)
(oh by the way everyone the ran away managed to shake the ChAoS bugs off them)
Luke_Prowler rolls for regeneration: 5. You are healed! Hza!
Luke_Prowler rolls for fire spread: 6. You are extinguished! Hza!
Vlynndar rolls for recovery: 5. You are healed. Yay.
Vlynndar rolls for fire spread: 5 +1(flailing)=6. The flames go out!
Katsuun rolls for recovery and fire spread: 2 & 6: You are still hurt, but at least you're not on fire any more.
Errol rolls for recovery and fire spread: 3 & 4: You take ‼damage‼ but the flames don't spread.
KnightedSkull rolls for recovery (‼legs‼): 3: Nope.
KnightedSkull rolls for recovery (left arm): 4: Nope.
KnightedSkull rolls for fire spread (literally): 3 +1(no seriously, rolling)=4. You take ‼damage‼ but you prevented the fire from spreading.
Zasit Alebath rolls FOR GREAT JUSTICE for recovery & fire spread: 2 & 4. You take ‼damage‼.
Inaluct takes ‼damage‼ and now has a ‼torso‼ (he's still at the field, he doesn't get rolls)
Zasit Alebath's torch burns out, burning his hand slightly. At least your hand didn't catch fire.
The Antmen don't get rolls either. They take ‼damage‼

Muwahahaha rolls for ChAoS: 3.
Muwahahaha rolls for rounding: 5. You grow tentacles out your face much like this guy's.
Luke_Prowler rolls for ChAoS: 5.
Luke_Prowler rolls for rounding: 6. Your feet turn into hooves, bursting through your shoes.
Vlynndar rolls for ChAoS: 4.
Katsuun rolls for ChAoS: 3.
Katsuun rolls for rounding: 3.
Errol rolls foar ChAoS: 3.
Errol rolls foar rounding: 3.
KnightedSkull rolls for ChAoS: 4. You exhale sulphur. Bleh. Tastes nasty.
Zasit Alebath rolls for ChAoS: 4. Your fingers become very long (~1 foot).
Inaluct rolls for ChAoS: 3. Your fingers and feet become webbed.

*because Shoruke is lazy and just quoted the statuses to get them into this post, they are in the order from last turn. Bite me or deal with it, whichever works better for you.*

Spoiler: Inaluct: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vlynndar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Katsuun: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zasit Alebath: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: KnightedSkull: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Errol: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Luke_Prowler: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Muwahahaha: (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations: (click to show/hide)

I think that's pretty much everything. I have a nagging feeling like I forgot to light someone's boots on fire, but... whatevs, free exp for whoever finds it first right? As usual, tell me about anything I buggered up.

ChAoS effects are hard to think up by the way.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 05:53:15 pm by shoruke »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - Any time now you'll all go where I want you to go
« Reply #560 on: June 19, 2009, 08:25:23 pm »

Like, ow, man.

I scream an ancient and bloodcurdling battlecry and call upon the spirits of my ancestors to help me imbue the ground under me with animation. I want to make a massive earth golem. I also tell my plastic golem to start attempting to decapitate antmen.

Alternately, me and the plastic golem (T)ravel away.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 19, 2009, 09:45:46 pm »

Umm, I don't believe it's in the rules anywhere just yet (I should change that) but it's 1 familiar per person. You can have as many 'slaves' as you want, but you can only have summoned/conjured/constructi-magicated one.

I probably should have made that clear at some point. Oops.

knightedskull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 19, 2009, 09:59:31 pm »

I'll put the  exp to geomancy. I then make some sort of...dirt/rock armor to make up for my hardened skin drawback and have it as flexable as can be.

BTW: Do I still need oxygen?

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 19, 2009, 11:25:24 pm »

Great, now I have hooves. I'm my own noble steed. Ugh. I'll check the chaos stone this turn, then do some agility training.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

muwahahaha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 20, 2009, 12:49:59 am »

Ewww, tentacles.

Anyway, I grab my gift sword thingo and wield it. Then i activate the stone and use the number from there to attempt to mutate my tentacles away.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 20, 2009, 04:41:14 am »

Hold conversation with my best buddy EVftN on how to reverse the chaos effects (because... I look like a dumb fighter, which I am NOT), and ask him about where to acquire the said holy weapons. Then OHMYGOD I'M ON FIRE AAAH JUMP INTO NEAREST HOLY WATER
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 04:42:50 am by Errol »
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 22, 2009, 06:47:09 am »

Whoohoo! Crates! Looting time! Let me just see if I can find something classy, fire retardant to wear and something sharp to hold. And stroll toward the monastery.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 05, 2009, 04:56:29 pm »

Okay, so I have good news and bad news. The good news is, this game is not quite dead yet. Woot!

The bad news is, it takes 2 hours per turn, and it's hard for the GM to work up the time/effort required to do one.

But wait! There's MORE good news! The GM also happens to be a novice Computer Programmer, and has VB6 on his computer. So he's going to make himself a program to store all of you guys' statuses and stuff, which can be changed easily, to shorten the amount of time (and therefore effort) needed per turn. So once I'm done that (yeah... it's gonna be a couple days probably) then I'll make another turn. Also, once I'm done it, I'll try to make it available to all the other GMs on Bay12, and RTDs will be easier to make for everyone for EVER! MUAHAHAHAHAAAA!

(Should I make a new thread for this program? With like, a changelog and a download link and stuff?)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:51:02 pm by shoruke »

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 05, 2009, 05:07:44 pm »

Whoohoo!
* Vlynndar cheers Shoruke on!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shoruke's RTD - Roll To Dodge Helper Program in development
« Reply #569 on: July 05, 2009, 07:14:50 pm »

Progress report! After three hours of programming (and continuously checking the Forum Games and Roleplaying forum), I now have a working program! It just doesn't do a whole helluva lot yet.

-It has 3 .txt files; one each for player characters, NPCs, and locations. Currently the NPC and Location files are empty, but the PC file is 153 kb. What's it full of? It has the names of the current eight players and a LOT of empty space. The empty space will eventually contain all of your health displays, items, skills, and other random text.
-The program itself has a listbox and 3 buttons. The listbox will contain the name of every player, NPC, and location, and will be used to navigate the program. Right now, every time I run the program, it shows 8 names, and I can even select them if I want to, but nothing happens when I do.
-Two of the buttons don't do anything yet, but the New Player button asks me what the new player's name is, so I type it in, and then it puts their name (and a LOT of empty space) into players.txt, and updates the list.
-The New Player button will check and make sure that this 'new player' you're making actually has a name, so if you accidentally hit enter before typing the name out it'll just beak at you and make you try again. If you REALLY want to make a character with no name at all, you can just hit cancel (because I forgot how to deal with someone hitting the cancel button on the messagebox. I'll look it up sometime in my next programming session).

And now, suppertime.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40