Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best looking tilesets and tile settings for widescreen fullscreen?  (Read 881 times)

Belithane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hey all,

This is totally subjective, but I'd like to know what people consider the best tilesets and tile dimensions people use for DF when they're playing fullscreen and have widescreens.

I've been fiddling around with a few different combos and nothing seems to leap out at me, yet. 

Anybody want to post their settings along with screenshots to show off their settings?

freeze

• Bay Watcher
  • nominal
    • View Profile
Re: Best looking tilesets and tile settings for widescreen fullscreen?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 06:48:33 pm »

Well it IS subjective, but it's also the barrier to entry for a lot of people. Maybe post a few examples of how to set things up just like one wants them?

Vucar Fikodastesh

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:03:44 pm »

Hey all,

This is totally subjective, but I'd like to know what people consider the best tilesets and tile dimensions people use for DF when they're playing fullscreen and have widescreens.

I've been fiddling around with a few different combos and nothing seems to leap out at me, yet. 

Anybody want to post their settings along with screenshots to show off their settings?

What is the native resolution of your monitor?
I think it's a vastly amusing thought that elephants are so afraid of heights that when Dwarves invented the Z-axis, they couldn't bear to face dwarves in combat anymore.

Belithane

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:19:50 pm »

Hey all,

What is the native resolution of your monitor?
I have a bunch of widescreen monitors in 16:9 and 16:10 ratios:  1920*1080, 1680*1050, 1440*960 are the ones I use most.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:47 pm »

Well, I really like to avoid stretching the tiles, and an 8x8 font should be a perfect fit with any screen resolution. But realistically, you should get a good result using your favourite tileset, turning on blank space, and adjusting the number of tiles to fill the screen. As for my personal experience, I don't use a widescreen...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!